Military Spouse Support Network

Go Back   Military Spouse Support Network > Housing, moving, life in general > Food for Thought > Healthy living recipes

Healthy living recipes a sub-forum for recipes that are extra healthy to aid those of us on our weight loss journey

Old 10-11-2007, 10:59 AM   #1
Badgerette
My baby & me
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Badgerette is all that and a bag of chipsBadgerette is all that and a bag of chipsBadgerette is all that and a bag of chipsBadgerette is all that and a bag of chipsBadgerette is all that and a bag of chipsBadgerette is all that and a bag of chipsBadgerette is all that and a bag of chipsBadgerette is all that and a bag of chipsBadgerette is all that and a bag of chipsBadgerette is all that and a bag of chipsBadgerette is all that and a bag of chips
Default Baked Blueberry French Toast

"I like that this breakfast entree can be prepared ahead of time," says Suzanne Strocsher, Bothell, Washington. "Since you can use fresh or frozen blueberries, it's great anytime of year. It makes a warm rich start to any morning."

24 slices day-old French bread (1/2 inch thick)
1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
2/3 cup fat-free milk
1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cups egg substitute
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
Place 12 slices of bread in a 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. In a blender or food processor, combine cream cheese, milk, sour cream, yogurt, syrup, vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon. Add egg substitute; cover and process until smooth. Pour half of the egg mixture over bread; sprinkle with blueberries. Top with the remaining bread and egg mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-30 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 servings.

Nutritional Analysis: One serving (2 slices) equals 228 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 391 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat-free milk, 1/2 fruit.
http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/

Badgerette is offline   Reply With Quote

Military Spouse Support Network > Housing, moving, life in general > Food for Thought > Healthy living recipes