Military Spouse Support Network

Go Back   Military Spouse Support Network > Housing, moving, life in general > Food for Thought

Food for Thought Food, food, food, more food!

Old 06-12-2006, 10:54 PM   #1
cherrysnow02
I am everywhere
You can't touch this!

cherrysnow02 is all that and a bag of chipscherrysnow02 is all that and a bag of chipscherrysnow02 is all that and a bag of chipscherrysnow02 is all that and a bag of chipscherrysnow02 is all that and a bag of chipscherrysnow02 is all that and a bag of chipscherrysnow02 is all that and a bag of chipscherrysnow02 is all that and a bag of chipscherrysnow02 is all that and a bag of chipscherrysnow02 is all that and a bag of chipscherrysnow02 is all that and a bag of chips
Talking *DELICIOUS DESSERTS*

Looking for a sweet treat....These recipes include members' own personal dessert concoctions as well as some borrowed favorites! ENJOY!

Last edited by Corey; 05-15-2008 at 08:05 AM.
cherrysnow02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 08:04 PM   #2
Dustimay77
Bossy bit o Goods!!
Getting warmer

My Mood:
Dustimay77 makes the heavens open and lights smile down on allDustimay77 makes the heavens open and lights smile down on allDustimay77 makes the heavens open and lights smile down on allDustimay77 makes the heavens open and lights smile down on allDustimay77 makes the heavens open and lights smile down on allDustimay77 makes the heavens open and lights smile down on allDustimay77 makes the heavens open and lights smile down on allDustimay77 makes the heavens open and lights smile down on allDustimay77 makes the heavens open and lights smile down on allDustimay77 makes the heavens open and lights smile down on allDustimay77 makes the heavens open and lights smile down on all
Default Healthy Option - WW Friendly

This is a great recipe that has a lot of options for your different moods. It is also one of my family's favorites.
WW Fruit Cobbler
1 cake mix
1 c diet pop
1# frozen fruit

Cover a 13x9 pan with aluminum foil and spray with Pam. Spread out frozen fruit in bottom of pan. In a bowl mix cake mix and pop together until no lumps are there. Spread cake batter over frozen fruit and then cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes, remove foil and cook at 400 degrees for 30 min or until the cake springs back in the center.
This recipe can have a infinite variety to suit your moods. It ranges in points from 2-4 and serving size is 12 portions. Good luck.

of a 6th grader, 4th grader, 2nd grader and a kindergartener!!!

Last edited by cherrysnow02; 09-26-2007 at 09:36 PM.
Dustimay77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 08:18 PM   #3
~jennifer~
B and Lego Thomas.
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
~jennifer~ is all that and a bag of chips~jennifer~ is all that and a bag of chips~jennifer~ is all that and a bag of chips~jennifer~ is all that and a bag of chips~jennifer~ is all that and a bag of chips~jennifer~ is all that and a bag of chips~jennifer~ is all that and a bag of chips~jennifer~ is all that and a bag of chips~jennifer~ is all that and a bag of chips~jennifer~ is all that and a bag of chips~jennifer~ is all that and a bag of chips
Default Healthy Dessert Options

http://www.hungry-girl.com/chew/chew....php?isid=1026

Last edited by cherrysnow02; 09-26-2007 at 09:20 PM.
~jennifer~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 08:37 PM   #4
CraftyLzrd
Be excellent 2 each other
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
CraftyLzrd is all that and a bag of chipsCraftyLzrd is all that and a bag of chipsCraftyLzrd is all that and a bag of chipsCraftyLzrd is all that and a bag of chipsCraftyLzrd is all that and a bag of chipsCraftyLzrd is all that and a bag of chipsCraftyLzrd is all that and a bag of chipsCraftyLzrd is all that and a bag of chipsCraftyLzrd is all that and a bag of chipsCraftyLzrd is all that and a bag of chipsCraftyLzrd is all that and a bag of chips
Default Healthy Dessert Option

I have a really good cookie recipe! Its not WW, but its soooo good! lemme see if I can find the right book

ETA:
Found it! Its one of the cookbooks put together but the wives of the Seattle Mariner's!

Whole-Wheat Chocolate Chip cookies
Kazuhiro Sasaki

1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
1Tblspn water
4 oz egg substitute
1-1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup walnuts

Preheat oven 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl combine oil, brown sugar, sugar, vanilla and water. mix well. Add egg substitute. In another bowl combine whole-wheat flour, all purpose flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to sugar mixture. mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts. Drop by teaspoonful onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Makes 3 dozen.

"Healthy but good! Only 30 calories a cookie and 3 grams of fat!"

YOU DON'T SCARE ME. I HAVE TEENAGERS!
God was my co-pilot till I crashed into a mountain and had to eat him.

Last edited by cherrysnow02; 09-26-2007 at 09:21 PM.
CraftyLzrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:34 PM   #5
Boogie
Love My 19 Delta!
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
Boogie is all that and a bag of chipsBoogie is all that and a bag of chipsBoogie is all that and a bag of chipsBoogie is all that and a bag of chipsBoogie is all that and a bag of chipsBoogie is all that and a bag of chipsBoogie is all that and a bag of chipsBoogie is all that and a bag of chipsBoogie is all that and a bag of chipsBoogie is all that and a bag of chipsBoogie is all that and a bag of chips
Default Flag Cake

I've seen several, usually on magazine covers around July 4, but this one looks soo good http://www.barefootcontessa.com/recipes/7.html part of me wants to invite a bunch of people over just to make it, lol

Last edited by cherrysnow02; 09-26-2007 at 09:29 PM.
Boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 12:47 PM   #6
Erica
I'm a posting machine!

My Mood:
Erica is all that and a bag of chipsErica is all that and a bag of chipsErica is all that and a bag of chipsErica is all that and a bag of chipsErica is all that and a bag of chipsErica is all that and a bag of chipsErica is all that and a bag of chipsErica is all that and a bag of chipsErica is all that and a bag of chipsErica is all that and a bag of chipsErica is all that and a bag of chips
Default *DELICIOUS DESSERTS*

I used this recipe for Lola's first birthday cake...it is great! I ommitted the nuts for her and added more cinnamon. Smiles! I am going to have a leftover piece now!

Pumpkin Apple Harvest Cake
By Cait Johnson, author of Witch in the Kitchen

INGREDIENTS

1 cup cooked or canned pumpkin puree
2 large eggs, beaten
3/4 cup organic sugar
3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped apple
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
Whipped cream or confectionersí sugar for topping (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 325F. Prepare an 8-inch round cake pan by greasing and flouring it.
2. Combine pumpkin, eggs, and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add flour, cinnamon, baking powder, ginger, and salt, stirring to combine. Add apples and nuts, stirring again. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
3. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until a cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean. NOTE: all the store had was pumpkin "ready" for pie in a can, so I had to increase the bake time to 45 minutes.
4. Cool the cake, still in the pan, on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then invert the cake onto the rack, remove pan, and cool cake completely.
5. When ready to serve, turn cake on to a pretty plate and top with whipped cream or confectionersí sugar, if desired, or serve plain.

ps. If you make the cake, smooth it out when you put it in the pan as pumkin makes it bake in whatever shape it goes in there with.

p.p.s. I used my fav cream cheese icing recipe; whatever you like.
Erica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:29 PM   #7
Amanda83
You can't touch this!

Amanda83 is all that and a bag of chipsAmanda83 is all that and a bag of chipsAmanda83 is all that and a bag of chipsAmanda83 is all that and a bag of chipsAmanda83 is all that and a bag of chipsAmanda83 is all that and a bag of chipsAmanda83 is all that and a bag of chipsAmanda83 is all that and a bag of chipsAmanda83 is all that and a bag of chipsAmanda83 is all that and a bag of chipsAmanda83 is all that and a bag of chips
Default Black Forest Cake

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Black-F...II/Detail.aspx

Though I could never get mine to look as good as it does here.

Last edited by cherrysnow02; 09-26-2007 at 09:26 PM.
Amanda83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 04:14 AM   #8
gray2402

Default Re: I need a REALLY great dessert recipe

Knock You Naked Brownies

-1 box german chocolate cake mix
-1 cup chopped nuts (I use walnuts)
- 1/3 cup evap. milk
- 1/2 cup evap. milk
60 vanilla caramels
1 cup semi sweet choc. chips
1/2 cup butter melted

combine cake mix, nuts, 1/3 cup evap. milk, and butter ... press half batter into bottom of greased glass baking dish... bake in 350 degree oven for 8 minutes.

melt caramels with 1/2 cup evap. milk - when melted, pour over baked layer. cover with choc. chips ...

chill for one hour, press rest of batter on top and bake for 28 minutes!

------------------------------------------

Better than sex cake:

-box german choc. cake mix
-14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
-2 cups hot fudge topping
-12 ounces cool whip
-chopped walnuts

make cake mix as directed

while cake is hot poke holes in top of cake with the end of wooden spoon

pour on sweetened condensed milk over top

let cake cool

pour hot fudge over top and let set

spread on cool whip and garnish with crushed nuts
Old 09-27-2007, 04:34 AM   #9
AuroreDupin
Regular poster

AuroreDupin is obviously a rep whoreAuroreDupin is obviously a rep whoreAuroreDupin is obviously a rep whoreAuroreDupin is obviously a rep whoreAuroreDupin is obviously a rep whoreAuroreDupin is obviously a rep whoreAuroreDupin is obviously a rep whoreAuroreDupin is obviously a rep whoreAuroreDupin is obviously a rep whoreAuroreDupin is obviously a rep whoreAuroreDupin is obviously a rep whore

This is THE GREATEST CHOCOLATE CAKE EVER.

http://www.razzledazzlerecipes.com/c...olate-cake.htm

It is not that hard to make but you do need a 9-inch springform pan, a 9-inch cake plate (I usually just use the bottom of my springform plan, actually), and a baking rack.

I usually garnish it by buying a bar of white chocolate, microwaving it so it's a little soft, and using a vegetable peeler to make shavings that I can sprinkle over the cake.

Once I made it when my parents had guests and my mom's friend didn't believe that I made it myself. She thought it came from a bakery.
AuroreDupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:01 AM   #10
Stephanie
Finally home!
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Stephanie is all that and a bag of chipsStephanie is all that and a bag of chipsStephanie is all that and a bag of chipsStephanie is all that and a bag of chipsStephanie is all that and a bag of chipsStephanie is all that and a bag of chipsStephanie is all that and a bag of chipsStephanie is all that and a bag of chipsStephanie is all that and a bag of chipsStephanie is all that and a bag of chipsStephanie is all that and a bag of chips

Guess I should've stipulated that I don't like cake, eh?

I think I found one that I'm going to make, actually:
Triple-Chocolate Pudding Pie with Cappuccino Cream Recipe

Unless it's fatal, it's no big deal.

Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:12 AM   #11
SwashKnickers
♥ Mahal Kita Lee ♥
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
SwashKnickers is all that and a bag of chipsSwashKnickers is all that and a bag of chipsSwashKnickers is all that and a bag of chipsSwashKnickers is all that and a bag of chipsSwashKnickers is all that and a bag of chipsSwashKnickers is all that and a bag of chipsSwashKnickers is all that and a bag of chipsSwashKnickers is all that and a bag of chipsSwashKnickers is all that and a bag of chipsSwashKnickers is all that and a bag of chipsSwashKnickers is all that and a bag of chips

Chocolate caramel brownies

These are soooo good, I love to make them.....and eat them

Ingredients:
14 ounces caramels
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 (18.25 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
1/3 cup evaporated milk
3/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup chopped pecans
2 cups milk chocolate chips

Directions:
  1. Peel caramels and place in a microwave-safe bowl. Stir in 1/2 cup evaporated milk. Heat and stir until all caramels are melted.
  2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) Grease a 9x13 inch pan.
  3. In a large mixing bowl, mix together cake mix, 1/3 cup evaporated milk, melted butter, and chopped pecans. Place 1/2 of the batter in prepared baking pan.
  4. Bake for 8 minutes.
  5. Place the remaining batter into the fridge. Remove brownies from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Drizzle caramel sauce over chocolate chips. Remove brownie mix from refrigerator. Using a teaspoon, make small balls with the batter and smash flat. Very carefully, place on top of the Carmel sauce until the top is completely covered.
  6. Bake for an additional 20 minutes. Remove and let cool.

The story about my Godson, Little Miracle Baby: The Perfect Life of Kennedy Jack. Check it out!

Last edited by Corey; 10-06-2009 at 08:40 AM. Reason: added recipe name to this post
SwashKnickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 04:00 PM   #12
hk1017
*Brenda*
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
hk1017 is all that and a bag of chipshk1017 is all that and a bag of chipshk1017 is all that and a bag of chipshk1017 is all that and a bag of chipshk1017 is all that and a bag of chipshk1017 is all that and a bag of chipshk1017 is all that and a bag of chipshk1017 is all that and a bag of chipshk1017 is all that and a bag of chipshk1017 is all that and a bag of chipshk1017 is all that and a bag of chips
Wink *DELICIOUS DESSERTS*

This is my grandma's recipe... its so good, so cheap, and a healthier dessert option. Enjoy

Strawberry Angel Food Surprise

Ingredients

1 baked angel food cake
6 oz pkg. strawberry jello
2 & 1/2 to 3 cup. hot water
12 oz Cool Whip
2 tbsp. sugar
10 oz pkg frozen strawberries

Directions

Break cake into small pieces into a 9x13 in pan. Add sugar to jello, stir in hot water. Add frozen berries, let set until syrupy. When ready, add most of Cool Whip, gently stir. Pour strawberry mixture over cake; stir with a fork until all cake is covered. Let stand several hours or overnight in fridge. Spread on rest of the Cool whip to serve.

hk1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 04:49 PM   #13
AbramsPatrol
Counting
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
AbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chips

Ingredients:
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 egg

Directions:
Combine all ingredients together well. Spoon out and roll into balls. Press down with fork and bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes. (Yields 2 dozen - at least it did for how I made them!)

This is a recipe from my friend's mother. I baked them for about 13 minutes
AbramsPatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:36 PM   #14
AbramsPatrol
Counting
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
AbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chips

You heard me. I said Ugly Cookies We also call them "Cowboy Cookies"

1 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups self-rising flour
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts (I use walnuts)
1/2 cup raisins
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups oats - quick cook

Preheat oven to 350. Cream sugars and butter. Add eggs and rest of ingredients (I add flour next, slowly, then everything else). Mix well. Drop by tablespoons onto cookie sheet. Bake about 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.

Yields about 8 dozen for tablespoon dropped size cookies. Of course, I am not known for making tiny cookies so I get about half that

AbramsPatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:23 PM   #15
Chelle
Chelle
Regular poster

My Mood:
Chelle is all that and a bag of chipsChelle is all that and a bag of chipsChelle is all that and a bag of chipsChelle is all that and a bag of chipsChelle is all that and a bag of chipsChelle is all that and a bag of chipsChelle is all that and a bag of chipsChelle is all that and a bag of chipsChelle is all that and a bag of chipsChelle is all that and a bag of chipsChelle is all that and a bag of chips

I made this for my hubby coming home

this was the start of it

and decorating it

and the finishing touches

Thanks for look

ETA:

Recipe

This is how I make it ... I used to have a recipe but lost it and I did it from memory

Just get a white cake mix and of course follow directions in preparing it
Then I added a couple strawberries cut up and diced into the cake mix and mixed it all together

Poor in round cake pans and bake

Let cool all the way before icing the cake at all

Icing .... this is the best part

8 oz Cream Cheese
Large Tub of Cool Whip
1 Cup of powder Sugar

Let the Cream Cheese Soften and then blend all the ingredients together and there ya go, yummy Icing

I take the one of the round cake pans (bottom layer and spread icing and some strawberry glaze in the middle (as much as you would like/prefer) ) Then I add the top layer and add the icing to the rest of the cake, add my strawberries to decorate and then I drizzle the cake with the strawberry glace and some more of the original icing!

Of course the Cake has to stay refrigerated

any questions just ask enjoy!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter http://michelle-patrickandtwofurbabies.blogspot.com/
Chelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:40 PM   #16
eRene14
*Erica*
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
eRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chips
Talking *DELICIOUS DESSERTS*

So I was looking for different cake-in-a-jar recipes online when I came across one for Pina' Colada cake. I thought that would be something different and summery to make and send over to DH and some of his buddies. I never cook anymore, so I devoted my Memorial Day to this project while Cameron spend time with his dad.

I used the following recipe from Razzle Dazzle Recipes:
Pina Colada Jar Cakes

1 can (20oz) unsweetened crushed pineapple
1 stick + 3 T unsalted butter, softened (11 Tbs)
3 1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed
4 eggs
1/2 cup dark rum
3 1/3 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup coconut, sweetened flaked

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Before starting batter, wash 8 (1-pint) wide mouth canning jars with lids in hot, soapy water and let them drain, dry, and cool to room temperature.

Generously grease inside of jars. Drain crushed pineapple for about 10 minutes in a colander, reserving juice. Puree drained pineapple in a food processor. Measure out 1 1/2 cups puree, adding a little juice if necessary to make 1 1/2 cups. Set puree aside. Discard remaining juice or reserve for another use.

With an electric mixer, beat together butter and half of brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, then remaining sugar. Beat in pineapple puree and rum and set aside. Sift together flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Gradually add to pineapple mixture in thirds, beating well after each addition to make a thick batter. Stir in coconut.

Spoon 1 level cupful of batter into each jar. Carefully wipe rims clean, then place jars in center of preheated oven. Bake 40 minutes.

About 10 minutes before cakes are done, bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Put in jar lids, cover, and remove from heat. Keep lids in hot water until they're used. When cakes are done, remove jars from oven.

If jar rims need cleaning, use a moistened paper towel.
Carefully put lids and rings in place, then screw tops tightly shut. Place jars on a wire rack; they will seal as they cool.

Makes 8 cakes

I was very nervous considering I never cook and I've never been good at it, plus I have never made anything like this. But I decided to be brave and give it a shot. I ended up making 2 batches of batter to do 12 jars (since thats how many I bought). The baking went well and I just had to leave them in about 5 minutes longer than the recipe called for.

I had my dad (the master chef) taste it and he said it was a heavy cake and needed something to make it "pop". He said a heavy icing would be too much so we started brainstorming on something light that didn't need to be refrigerated and would do well taking a week to get over there. So we decided on these ingredients and started playing with different combinations till we found one that we liked to use as a "drizzle icing"...

Light rum (shhhh dont tell)
Pineapple juice
Crushed pineapple
Lime juice (small drops)
Coconut
Powdered sugar

So to make a long story short, I am VERY pleased with how it turned out. I kept a jar here for us to try and I just tasted it. I must say I am proud. Even my dad said it was good (which means alot coming from someone who has based his career around food for a long time and is very snobby about food). So its on its way over as of today. I hope they like it. You ladies should try it

eRene14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:58 AM   #17
girlvet
something green
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
girlvet is all that and a bag of chipsgirlvet is all that and a bag of chipsgirlvet is all that and a bag of chipsgirlvet is all that and a bag of chipsgirlvet is all that and a bag of chipsgirlvet is all that and a bag of chipsgirlvet is all that and a bag of chipsgirlvet is all that and a bag of chipsgirlvet is all that and a bag of chipsgirlvet is all that and a bag of chipsgirlvet is all that and a bag of chips
Exclamation *DELICIOUS DESSERTS*

I made this cake as a birthday cake for my son for school. We needed a 'beach themed' cake because today is beach day at school. This was so easy and turned out sooooo great that I had to share!!

Ingredients:
  • 2 baked 8″ round yellow cakes
  • 8-9 cup capacity new, plastic, washed sand pail
  • 3 oz. package vanilla pudding, prepared
  • 3/4c. crushed graham crackers or vanilla wafers
  • Chocolate shell candies*
  • 1 plastic shovel
Directions:
  • Cut the cake into 1 inch pieces. Fill the pail, alternating layers of cake pieces and pudding, ending with the pudding.
  • Sprinkle on the crushed cookie sand and top with shell candies.
  • Serve with the plastic shovel!

This is the basic recipe I used, but I only made one cake and used more pudding. I used graham crackers for the sand. For the one pail that is tipped over, I made it standing up, then just laid it on its side and used the shovel to pull some of the cake out of the bucket so it looked like it has spilled. Then I covered it with more graham crackers so it would look like sand.
I used candy shells, sharks, fish, and crabs.

Jennifer

Last edited by Corey; 10-06-2009 at 08:31 AM. Reason: added recipe
girlvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:22 PM   #18
Arnold-Myers83

My Mood:
Arnold-Myers83 is all that and a bag of chipsArnold-Myers83 is all that and a bag of chipsArnold-Myers83 is all that and a bag of chipsArnold-Myers83 is all that and a bag of chipsArnold-Myers83 is all that and a bag of chipsArnold-Myers83 is all that and a bag of chipsArnold-Myers83 is all that and a bag of chipsArnold-Myers83 is all that and a bag of chipsArnold-Myers83 is all that and a bag of chipsArnold-Myers83 is all that and a bag of chipsArnold-Myers83 is all that and a bag of chips

Neiman-Marcus Cookies

When decent people get screwed over, this is the result!

Let's let them have it! THIS IS A TRUE STORY!

My daughter and I had just finished a salad at a Neiman-Marcus Cafe in Dallas , and we decided to have a small dessert. Because both of us are such cookie lovers, we decided to try the 'Neiman-Marcus cookie. It was so excellent that I asked if they would give me the recip e, and the waitress said with a small frown, I'm afraid not, but you can buy The Recipe. Well, I asked how much, and she responded Only two fifty - it's a great deal I agreed to that, and told her to just add it to my Tab.
Thirty days later, I received my VISA statement, and the Neiman-Marcus Charge was $285.00! I looked again and I remembered I had only spent $9.95 for two salads and about $20.00 for a scarf. As I glanced at the bottom of the statement, it said, ' Cookie Recipe-$250.00. ' That was outrageous! I called Neiman's Accounting Department and told them the waitress said it was ' two fifty ' , which clearly does not mean 'two hundred and fifty dollars by any reasonable interpretation of the phrase.
Neiman-Marcus refused to budge. They would not refund my money because, according to them, What the waitress told you is not our problem. You have already seen the Recipe. We absolutely will not refund your money at this point. I explained to the Accounting Department lady the criminal statutes which govern fraud in the State of Texas . I threatened to report them to the Better Business Bureau and the Texas Attorney General's office for engaging in fraud. I was basically told,Do what you want. Don't bother thinking of how you can get even, and don't bother trying to get any of your money back.
I just said, Okay, you folks got my $250, and now I'm going to have $250 worth of fun. I told her that I was going to see to it that every Cookie Lover in the United States with an e-mail account has a $250 cookie recipe from Neiman-Marcus...for free. She replied, I wish you wouldn't do this. I said, Well perhaps you should have thought of that before you ripped me off and slammed down the phone.

So here it is!

Please, please, please pass it on to everyone you can possibly think of. I paid $250 for this, and I don't want Neiman-Marcus to EVER make another penny off of this recipe!

NEIMAN-MARCUS COOKIES (Recipe may be halved)
2 cups butter
24 oz. Chocolate chips
4 cups flour
2 cups brown sugar
2 tsp. Soda
1 tsp. Salt
2 cups sugar
- 8 oz. Hershey Bar (grated)
5 cups blended oatmeal
4 eggs
2 tsp. Baking powder
2 tsp. Vanilla
3 cups chopped nuts (your choice)

Measure oatmeal, and blend in a blender to a fine powder. Cream the butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla, mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda. Add chocolate chips , Hershey bar, and nuts.. Roll into balls, and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees.

PLEASE READ THE RECIPE
AND SEND IT TO EVERY PERSON
YOU KNOW WHO HAS AN E-MAIL ADDRESS!

THEY ARE REALLY TERRIFIC!!
Even if the people on your e-mail list don't eat sweets send it to them and ask them to pass it on.

Arnold-Myers83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:39 AM   #19
Poochie
♥♥
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Poochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chips
Default Re: *DELICIOUS DESSERTS*

A quick mini-cake for one person.

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug (MicroSafe)

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well..
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
Poochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 03:30 PM   #20
Amanda Nicole
The Strong one
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Amanda Nicole is all that and a bag of chipsAmanda Nicole is all that and a bag of chipsAmanda Nicole is all that and a bag of chipsAmanda Nicole is all that and a bag of chipsAmanda Nicole is all that and a bag of chipsAmanda Nicole is all that and a bag of chipsAmanda Nicole is all that and a bag of chipsAmanda Nicole is all that and a bag of chipsAmanda Nicole is all that and a bag of chipsAmanda Nicole is all that and a bag of chipsAmanda Nicole is all that and a bag of chips
Default Re: *DELICIOUS DESSERTS*

anymore, I need quick and easy, cuz im soo not a baker

HE'S HOME!!

Fast Weight loss Online at the Weight Loss Center

http://thesedeardays.blogspot.com/
Amanda Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote

Military Spouse Support Network > Housing, moving, life in general > Food for Thought