Military Spouse Support Network

Go Back   Military Spouse Support Network > Housing, moving, life in general > Food for Thought > Healthy living recipes

Healthy living recipes a sub-forum for recipes that are extra healthy to aid those of us on our weight loss journey

Old 04-29-2007, 04:43 PM   #1
usnavywife87

Default Chicken curry, anyone knows???

That was the best meal when I was with my host family. anyone knows the recipe for it?
Old 04-29-2007, 05:26 PM   #2
Constance
Met 39 MSSN'ers so far!!!
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Constance is too sexy for her repConstance is too sexy for her repConstance is too sexy for her repConstance is too sexy for her repConstance is too sexy for her repConstance is too sexy for her repConstance is too sexy for her repConstance is too sexy for her repConstance is too sexy for her repConstance is too sexy for her repConstance is too sexy for her rep
Default Re: Chicken curry, anyone knows???

Maybe check www.foodnetwork.com!
Constance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 05:55 PM   #3
GiggleKitten
Super Moderator
Super Mod

GiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chips

We use a curry paste you can buy at most markets. You put it, some water, meat and veggies of your choice into a skillet or wok. The paste thins out after a while to a normal consistency. Then we throw it over rice. We prefer Jasmine rice or basmatti. The curry paste will tell you how much water to add for the correct consistency.

HTH

GiggleKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 08:29 PM   #4
angel01
Getting warmer

angel01 makes the heavens open and lights smile down on allangel01 makes the heavens open and lights smile down on allangel01 makes the heavens open and lights smile down on allangel01 makes the heavens open and lights smile down on allangel01 makes the heavens open and lights smile down on allangel01 makes the heavens open and lights smile down on allangel01 makes the heavens open and lights smile down on allangel01 makes the heavens open and lights smile down on allangel01 makes the heavens open and lights smile down on allangel01 makes the heavens open and lights smile down on allangel01 makes the heavens open and lights smile down on all

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggleKitten View Post
We use a curry paste you can buy at most markets. You put it, some water, meat and veggies of your choice into a skillet or wok. The paste thins out after a while to a normal consistency. Then we throw it over rice. We prefer Jasmine rice or basmatti. The curry paste will tell you how much water to add for the correct consistency.

HTH
Hmmmm....... Jasmine rice where do you buy it from?? I haven't seen it in the commissary
angel01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 08:41 PM   #5
hmartin

We buy the S & B curry from the commissary in the asian aisle next to the soy sauce
Old 04-30-2007, 02:18 PM   #6
usnavywife87

, thx,
Old 04-30-2007, 02:49 PM   #7
GiggleKitten
Super Moderator
Super Mod

GiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chips

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel01 View Post
Hmmmm....... Jasmine rice where do you buy it from?? I haven't seen it in the commissary
Our commissary carries it, both the Jasmine and the Basmatti. They also carry sushi rice which kinda surprised me.

GiggleKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:24 PM   #8
Filmdirectorgirl
Motivation
You can't touch this!

Filmdirectorgirl is all that and a bag of chipsFilmdirectorgirl is all that and a bag of chipsFilmdirectorgirl is all that and a bag of chipsFilmdirectorgirl is all that and a bag of chipsFilmdirectorgirl is all that and a bag of chipsFilmdirectorgirl is all that and a bag of chipsFilmdirectorgirl is all that and a bag of chipsFilmdirectorgirl is all that and a bag of chipsFilmdirectorgirl is all that and a bag of chipsFilmdirectorgirl is all that and a bag of chipsFilmdirectorgirl is all that and a bag of chips

Quote:

HTH

we do too. you can get it in a little box in the Asian food section usually. Cant remember the brand. . . We make it with potatoes, carrots, bell peppers, onions, chicken (or steak), and calrose (or any other short grained) rice.
There are different types of curry though--Indian is much different than Japanese for instance. . . and I'm sure there are more than those two. . .
Filmdirectorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:19 PM   #9
ArmyRecruiterswife

ArmyRecruiterswife is obviously a rep whoreArmyRecruiterswife is obviously a rep whoreArmyRecruiterswife is obviously a rep whoreArmyRecruiterswife is obviously a rep whoreArmyRecruiterswife is obviously a rep whoreArmyRecruiterswife is obviously a rep whoreArmyRecruiterswife is obviously a rep whoreArmyRecruiterswife is obviously a rep whoreArmyRecruiterswife is obviously a rep whoreArmyRecruiterswife is obviously a rep whoreArmyRecruiterswife is obviously a rep whore

Yummy!! This sounds really good!
ArmyRecruiterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 01:55 AM   #10
SwashKnickers
♥ Mahal Kita Lee ♥
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
SwashKnickers is all that and a bag of chipsSwashKnickers is all that and a bag of chipsSwashKnickers is all that and a bag of chipsSwashKnickers is all that and a bag of chipsSwashKnickers is all that and a bag of chipsSwashKnickers is all that and a bag of chipsSwashKnickers is all that and a bag of chipsSwashKnickers is all that and a bag of chipsSwashKnickers is all that and a bag of chipsSwashKnickers is all that and a bag of chipsSwashKnickers is all that and a bag of chips

Quote:

HTH

we also serve ours with Jasmine or Basmati rice

The story about my Godson, Little Miracle Baby: The Perfect Life of Kennedy Jack. Check it out!
SwashKnickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:13 PM   #11
qdepeye
My big girls!!!
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
qdepeye is all that and a bag of chipsqdepeye is all that and a bag of chipsqdepeye is all that and a bag of chipsqdepeye is all that and a bag of chipsqdepeye is all that and a bag of chipsqdepeye is all that and a bag of chipsqdepeye is all that and a bag of chipsqdepeye is all that and a bag of chipsqdepeye is all that and a bag of chipsqdepeye is all that and a bag of chipsqdepeye is all that and a bag of chips

Here is my recipe:

Chicken and Quinoa with Curry sauce

cook quinoa according to package

salt water and bring to a boil
cook chicken 20 min or until just done

cook frozen broccoli until tender (or steam fresh broccoli)

preheat oven 350
2 tablespoons of butter and melt in oven (optional)

cut up broccoli and spread in bottom of glass baking dish

cut chicken into chunks and spread over broccoli

combine 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 8 oz sour cream
and curry about 2 table spoons (to taste) stir

spread mixture evenly over chicken and broccoli

cover with sharp cheddar cheese
and bake for 30 minutes

serve over quinoa

qdepeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 04:44 AM   #12
docswife

They should have an Asian line there were they sell curry mix. I know this commissary has it. Then again we are in Japan! Lemoore has a few Asian stores there....or I should say they did. You'll diffently find some in Fresno.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:08 PM   #13
usnavywife87

Quote:
Originally Posted by qdepeye View Post
Here is my recipe:

Chicken and Quinoa with Curry sauce

cook quinoa according to package

cook chicken 20 min or until just done

cook frozen broccoli until tender (or steam fresh broccoli)

preheat oven 350
2 tablespoons of butter and melt in oven (optional)

cut up broccoli and spread in bottom of glass baking dish

cut chicken into chunks and spread over broccoli

combine 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 8 oz sour cream
and curry about 2 table spoons (to taste) stir

spread mixture evenly over chicken and broccoli

cover with sharp cheddar cheese
and bake for 30 minutes

serve over quinoa
Wow, Thx, :D, that' what I am looking for :elephant
Old 05-05-2007, 04:59 PM   #14
qdepeye
My big girls!!!
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
qdepeye is all that and a bag of chipsqdepeye is all that and a bag of chipsqdepeye is all that and a bag of chipsqdepeye is all that and a bag of chipsqdepeye is all that and a bag of chipsqdepeye is all that and a bag of chipsqdepeye is all that and a bag of chipsqdepeye is all that and a bag of chipsqdepeye is all that and a bag of chipsqdepeye is all that and a bag of chipsqdepeye is all that and a bag of chips

Oh yeah, you can serve rice instead of the quinoa.

qdepeye is offline   Reply With Quote

Military Spouse Support Network > Housing, moving, life in general > Food for Thought > Healthy living recipes