Military Spouse Support Network

Go Back   Military Spouse Support Network > Housing, moving, life in general > Travel

Travel Check your bags here! Discuss your travel tips, great places to go, etc.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:57 PM   #1
Walt'sBeerWench
Getting warmer

My Mood:
Walt'sBeerWench is all that and a bag of chipsWalt'sBeerWench is all that and a bag of chipsWalt'sBeerWench is all that and a bag of chipsWalt'sBeerWench is all that and a bag of chipsWalt'sBeerWench is all that and a bag of chipsWalt'sBeerWench is all that and a bag of chipsWalt'sBeerWench is all that and a bag of chipsWalt'sBeerWench is all that and a bag of chipsWalt'sBeerWench is all that and a bag of chipsWalt'sBeerWench is all that and a bag of chipsWalt'sBeerWench is all that and a bag of chips
Wink graduation trip

Thankfully it is a few years off......

BUT......

When kiddo graduates from HS I would like go on a celabration trip somewhere together. Ideas?
Walt'sBeerWench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:04 PM   #2
Prettyinpink
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
Prettyinpink is all that and a bag of chipsPrettyinpink is all that and a bag of chipsPrettyinpink is all that and a bag of chipsPrettyinpink is all that and a bag of chipsPrettyinpink is all that and a bag of chipsPrettyinpink is all that and a bag of chipsPrettyinpink is all that and a bag of chipsPrettyinpink is all that and a bag of chipsPrettyinpink is all that and a bag of chipsPrettyinpink is all that and a bag of chipsPrettyinpink is all that and a bag of chips

Disneyland?
TWINS: 07/02/15

Prettyinpink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:54 PM   #3
Keithlover
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Keithlover is all that and a bag of chipsKeithlover is all that and a bag of chipsKeithlover is all that and a bag of chipsKeithlover is all that and a bag of chipsKeithlover is all that and a bag of chipsKeithlover is all that and a bag of chipsKeithlover is all that and a bag of chipsKeithlover is all that and a bag of chipsKeithlover is all that and a bag of chipsKeithlover is all that and a bag of chipsKeithlover is all that and a bag of chips
Default Re: graduation trip

Where are you going to be living?

Do you want to stay close or go far?

Keithlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:59 PM   #4
Poochie
♥♥
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Poochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chips

What is your budget like and how far would you want to go? How many people are going? Do you like tropical type relaxing places or would you want a vacation where you'd do activities?

Poochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:11 PM   #5
S.Lynn
You can't touch this!

S.Lynn has disabled reputation

Right around DD graduating (it won't exactly be a trip for her graduating though) we're going to Greece. Just through talking with her I know of some places she wants to go so if we don't go before then we could plan a specific graduating trip. Right now she wants to go to NYC, Niagra Falls, Alaska and L.A.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #6
LulaBelle
Heather :)
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
LulaBelle is all that and a bag of chipsLulaBelle is all that and a bag of chipsLulaBelle is all that and a bag of chipsLulaBelle is all that and a bag of chipsLulaBelle is all that and a bag of chipsLulaBelle is all that and a bag of chipsLulaBelle is all that and a bag of chipsLulaBelle is all that and a bag of chipsLulaBelle is all that and a bag of chipsLulaBelle is all that and a bag of chipsLulaBelle is all that and a bag of chips

My parents sent me on a school trip to France, Switzerland, and Monaco I had taken 4 years of French and loved it

Sent from my iPhone.
LulaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:35 PM   #7
psycheab
Love my girls!
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
psycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chips

Have they ever expressed an interest in going somewhere that would be within your budget?

When I graduated, the "cool" thing to do was go with all your friends down to the beach. I'm close enough with my family that I think I would have really appreciated and enjoyed going somewhere as a family rather than going on that lame trip where we ultimately just bickered a lot.
psycheab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:41 PM   #8
hooahwife
I'm a posting machine!

hooahwife is all that and a bag of chipshooahwife is all that and a bag of chipshooahwife is all that and a bag of chipshooahwife is all that and a bag of chipshooahwife is all that and a bag of chipshooahwife is all that and a bag of chipshooahwife is all that and a bag of chipshooahwife is all that and a bag of chipshooahwife is all that and a bag of chipshooahwife is all that and a bag of chipshooahwife is all that and a bag of chips

We are thinking of combining our kids' as well. Funny enough, their preference in somewhere in Europe.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:15 AM   #9
Walt'sBeerWench
Getting warmer

My Mood:
Walt'sBeerWench is all that and a bag of chipsWalt'sBeerWench is all that and a bag of chipsWalt'sBeerWench is all that and a bag of chipsWalt'sBeerWench is all that and a bag of chipsWalt'sBeerWench is all that and a bag of chipsWalt'sBeerWench is all that and a bag of chipsWalt'sBeerWench is all that and a bag of chipsWalt'sBeerWench is all that and a bag of chipsWalt'sBeerWench is all that and a bag of chipsWalt'sBeerWench is all that and a bag of chipsWalt'sBeerWench is all that and a bag of chips

No budget set as of yet. It is still a few years off and I'm trying to figure out a trip so I can set a budget. I don't want the money to be a deciding factor. She has mentioned everything from New Orleans to Italy. Gotta love my kid. I don't care if it's close or far. It would be the 3 of us. I sorta like (and she does too) of going to a beach somewhere and just relaxing with no set plan in mind. We also thought about plopping ourselves in Europe somewhere and traveling a bit. We also threw out the idea of going to someplace like NYC. I thought about going on a driving trip and just hiding as many states as we can in a 2 week period. Just stopping where ever and whenever we wanted. She liked that idea too. We are so all over the place. That's why I put this question up. To see if anyone else had taken a awesome trip. Maybe help us out.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:23 AM   #10
cg~gunswife
retirement bound!!
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
cg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chips

we PCSed 2 days after DD graduated LOL that was her trip.

our friends take thier kids on a cruise when they graduate.

cg~gunswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:25 PM   #11
Walt'sBeerWench
Getting warmer

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cg~gunswife View Post
we PCSed 2 days after DD graduated LOL that was her trip.

our friends take thier kids on a cruise when they graduate.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:41 PM   #12
kathleen524
I'm a posting machine!

My Mood:
kathleen524 is all that and a bag of chipskathleen524 is all that and a bag of chipskathleen524 is all that and a bag of chipskathleen524 is all that and a bag of chipskathleen524 is all that and a bag of chipskathleen524 is all that and a bag of chipskathleen524 is all that and a bag of chipskathleen524 is all that and a bag of chipskathleen524 is all that and a bag of chipskathleen524 is all that and a bag of chipskathleen524 is all that and a bag of chips

What about to the bahamas where the atlantis resort is. We have had a few family members go and say it is just amazing. Once the kids get a little older we plan on taking a trip since my parents time share can be traded there. I have also heard its not unusual to bump into some very famous people there.

Military Spouse Support Network > Housing, moving, life in general > Travel