Military Spouse Support Network

Go Back   Military Spouse Support Network > Housing, moving, life in general > Travel

Travel Check your bags here! Discuss your travel tips, great places to go, etc.

Old 03-18-2012, 11:25 AM   #1
Stepbyrd
Token Army Husband
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
Stepbyrd is all that and a bag of chipsStepbyrd is all that and a bag of chipsStepbyrd is all that and a bag of chipsStepbyrd is all that and a bag of chipsStepbyrd is all that and a bag of chipsStepbyrd is all that and a bag of chipsStepbyrd is all that and a bag of chipsStepbyrd is all that and a bag of chipsStepbyrd is all that and a bag of chipsStepbyrd is all that and a bag of chipsStepbyrd is all that and a bag of chips
Default Kansas City/Ft Leavenworth

Got in today and am going to be here for the next two weeks. Need something to do next weekend.

What's there to do around here?

MSSNer's Met so far: 2. Only 700+ to go
MSSNer's met telephonically: 3. Only 700+ to go

No one falls in love by choice, it is by CHANCE.
No one stays in love by chance, it is by WORK.
And no one falls out of love by chance, it is by CHOICE

Stepbyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:58 PM   #2
JessL
me :)
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
JessL is all that and a bag of chipsJessL is all that and a bag of chipsJessL is all that and a bag of chipsJessL is all that and a bag of chipsJessL is all that and a bag of chipsJessL is all that and a bag of chipsJessL is all that and a bag of chipsJessL is all that and a bag of chipsJessL is all that and a bag of chipsJessL is all that and a bag of chipsJessL is all that and a bag of chips

It depends on what you are into. Leavenworth is pretty small. But you can go to the legends it's on out door mall. Just on the outside of Kansas city down 7 highway.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

JessL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:49 PM   #3
cherrycoke
Becca Boo ♥
I'm a posting machine!

My Mood:
cherrycoke is all that and a bag of chipscherrycoke is all that and a bag of chipscherrycoke is all that and a bag of chipscherrycoke is all that and a bag of chipscherrycoke is all that and a bag of chipscherrycoke is all that and a bag of chipscherrycoke is all that and a bag of chipscherrycoke is all that and a bag of chipscherrycoke is all that and a bag of chipscherrycoke is all that and a bag of chipscherrycoke is all that and a bag of chips

Leavenworth isn't that far from Lawrence (where I'm from) either. There's lots of history in Lawrence, lots of local bands in concert. There's an art in the park thing that has lots of artisans and crafters with things for sale. I went one year and spent my whole paycheck. There's Freestate Brewery which is a micro brewery. Really good food and beer.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II by Tapatalk.

cherrycoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:53 PM   #4
SGTShepsWife
Eye Care Extraordinare!!!
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
SGTShepsWife is all that and a bag of chipsSGTShepsWife is all that and a bag of chipsSGTShepsWife is all that and a bag of chipsSGTShepsWife is all that and a bag of chipsSGTShepsWife is all that and a bag of chipsSGTShepsWife is all that and a bag of chipsSGTShepsWife is all that and a bag of chipsSGTShepsWife is all that and a bag of chipsSGTShepsWife is all that and a bag of chipsSGTShepsWife is all that and a bag of chipsSGTShepsWife is all that and a bag of chips
Default Re: Kansas City/Ft Leavenworth

Arthur Bryants BBQ.....Gates BBQ........

Lawrence will be hopping tonight with the Jayhawks winning their game this weekend.

Miss KC area!
SGTShepsWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:51 PM   #5
Gina
Family

My Mood:
Gina is all that and a bag of chipsGina is all that and a bag of chipsGina is all that and a bag of chipsGina is all that and a bag of chipsGina is all that and a bag of chipsGina is all that and a bag of chipsGina is all that and a bag of chipsGina is all that and a bag of chipsGina is all that and a bag of chipsGina is all that and a bag of chipsGina is all that and a bag of chips

I only recall going to the mall while I was there for about a week.

Oh, and I took lots of walks around the base, because it was absolutely beautiful, imo.

Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:59 AM   #6
JessL
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
JessL is all that and a bag of chipsJessL is all that and a bag of chipsJessL is all that and a bag of chipsJessL is all that and a bag of chipsJessL is all that and a bag of chipsJessL is all that and a bag of chipsJessL is all that and a bag of chipsJessL is all that and a bag of chipsJessL is all that and a bag of chipsJessL is all that and a bag of chipsJessL is all that and a bag of chips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
I only recall going to the mall while I was there for about a week.

Oh, and I took lots of walks around the base, because it was absolutely beautiful, imo.
Ft Leavenworth is beautiful IMO. We have been having amazing weather except for yesterday and today. Lol.

Old 03-22-2012, 12:48 PM   #7
TIwife85
Getting warmer

TIwife85 is all that and a bag of chipsTIwife85 is all that and a bag of chipsTIwife85 is all that and a bag of chipsTIwife85 is all that and a bag of chipsTIwife85 is all that and a bag of chipsTIwife85 is all that and a bag of chipsTIwife85 is all that and a bag of chipsTIwife85 is all that and a bag of chipsTIwife85 is all that and a bag of chipsTIwife85 is all that and a bag of chipsTIwife85 is all that and a bag of chips

There are tons of things to do in Kansas City. The power and light district is nice, the plaza for shopping, there's a zoo, tons of BBQ places, and various concerts.
TIwife85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:50 PM   #8
GiggleKitten
Super Moderator
Super Mod

GiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chips

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessL View Post
It depends on what you are into. Leavenworth is pretty small. But you can go to the legends it's on out door mall. Just on the outside of Kansas city down 7 highway.

I second this. I didn't like the midwest much but this was a very very nice outdoor mall. It has a few great restaurants too. Its also right near the ball field for a AAA baseball team.

GiggleKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:09 PM   #9
JessL
You can't touch this!

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggleKitten View Post
I second this. I didn't like the midwest much but this was a very very nice outdoor mall. It has a few great restaurants too. Its also right near the ball field for a AAA baseball team.
we have the tbones and now sporting kc for soccer. the restaurants are really nice. if you want directions they are super simple. pm me!

Old 03-23-2012, 04:04 PM   #10
MissTori1987
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
MissTori1987 is all that and a bag of chipsMissTori1987 is all that and a bag of chipsMissTori1987 is all that and a bag of chipsMissTori1987 is all that and a bag of chipsMissTori1987 is all that and a bag of chipsMissTori1987 is all that and a bag of chipsMissTori1987 is all that and a bag of chipsMissTori1987 is all that and a bag of chipsMissTori1987 is all that and a bag of chipsMissTori1987 is all that and a bag of chipsMissTori1987 is all that and a bag of chips

In addition to The Legends, you should check out Zona Rosa (it's an outdoor mall and IMO far better than The Legends). There is a lot to do in Kansas City. If you are interested in shopping, check out The Plaza (the first outdoor mall in the country) or Westport. If you are wanting some good food, check out Arthur Bryant's (the original one at 18th and Vine in the Jazz district). If you want to hit up the bars and dance, visit The Power and Light District or Westport (my personal favorite bar is Ernie Bigg's). Kansas City is such a great city (I may be a little biased considering I am a Kansas City girl) - it's full of art, great music, great food, and history!
Old 03-23-2012, 04:54 PM   #11
GiggleKitten
Super Moderator
Super Mod

GiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chips

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTori1987 View Post
In addition to The Legends, you should check out Zona Rosa (it's an outdoor mall and IMO far better than The Legends). There is a lot to do in Kansas City. If you are interested in shopping, check out The Plaza (the first outdoor mall in the country) or Westport. If you are wanting some good food, check out Arthur Bryant's (the original one at 18th and Vine in the Jazz district). If you want to hit up the bars and dance, visit The Power and Light District or Westport (my personal favorite bar is Ernie Bigg's). Kansas City is such a great city (I may be a little biased considering I am a Kansas City girl) - it's full of art, great music, great food, and history!
Zona Rosa has great Indian and it had the Herford House (great steak house). But I personally like the layout of Legends better. I also loved Styx while we were there. Great sushi and Asian Fusion.

GiggleKitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Military Spouse Support Network > Housing, moving, life in general > Travel