Military Spouse Support Network

Go Back   Military Spouse Support Network > News, Politics, and Military Info > Military Info

Military Info New to military life? Need answers? This is the place for you!

Old 11-09-2011, 01:40 PM   #1
phrogger
You can't touch this!

phrogger is all that and a bag of chipsphrogger is all that and a bag of chipsphrogger is all that and a bag of chipsphrogger is all that and a bag of chipsphrogger is all that and a bag of chipsphrogger is all that and a bag of chipsphrogger is all that and a bag of chipsphrogger is all that and a bag of chipsphrogger is all that and a bag of chipsphrogger is all that and a bag of chipsphrogger is all that and a bag of chips
Default opsec question

Lets just say hypothetically a college professor just added a final to our sylabus that was NOT there at the start of the semester (long story on that) and the day just happens to be very close to the deployment date. And say the student needs to talk to the professor about rescheduling the final. How would you go about telling the professor the reason without disclosing too much information?
Old 11-09-2011, 01:46 PM   #2
Booger
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Booger is all that and a bag of chipsBooger is all that and a bag of chipsBooger is all that and a bag of chipsBooger is all that and a bag of chipsBooger is all that and a bag of chipsBooger is all that and a bag of chipsBooger is all that and a bag of chipsBooger is all that and a bag of chipsBooger is all that and a bag of chipsBooger is all that and a bag of chipsBooger is all that and a bag of chips
Default Re: opsec question

Couldn't you just say it needs to be rescheduled due to family/personal matters?
Wilhelmina Evelyn 06/22/13

Please like and share my page! Crochet To The Rescue!
Booger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:06 PM   #3
countryfire
Loving life
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
countryfire is all that and a bag of chipscountryfire is all that and a bag of chipscountryfire is all that and a bag of chipscountryfire is all that and a bag of chipscountryfire is all that and a bag of chipscountryfire is all that and a bag of chipscountryfire is all that and a bag of chipscountryfire is all that and a bag of chipscountryfire is all that and a bag of chipscountryfire is all that and a bag of chipscountryfire is all that and a bag of chips

I'd go with family matters. Simply let him know that it is a prior commitment that cannot be moved and that it is urgent for your family if he presses.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:12 PM   #4
phrogger
You can't touch this!

phrogger is all that and a bag of chipsphrogger is all that and a bag of chipsphrogger is all that and a bag of chipsphrogger is all that and a bag of chipsphrogger is all that and a bag of chipsphrogger is all that and a bag of chipsphrogger is all that and a bag of chipsphrogger is all that and a bag of chipsphrogger is all that and a bag of chipsphrogger is all that and a bag of chipsphrogger is all that and a bag of chips

I can try that, but i am not sure it will fly. They said no family issues, you have to reschedule other stuff around school.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:12 PM   #5
Mrs Huffy
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Mrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chips

Why can't you just say he is deploying and not give the exact date?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Just Tamara...
Mrs Huffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:12 PM   #6
Kitten
Not a 'Navy Wife'
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Kitten is all that and a bag of chipsKitten is all that and a bag of chipsKitten is all that and a bag of chipsKitten is all that and a bag of chipsKitten is all that and a bag of chipsKitten is all that and a bag of chipsKitten is all that and a bag of chipsKitten is all that and a bag of chipsKitten is all that and a bag of chipsKitten is all that and a bag of chipsKitten is all that and a bag of chips

I would just something like its a family matter but one you are unable to rearrange due to the fact that it also has to due with your spouses employment or something.

ETA when I was in school I just told my instructors that Rob was Navy and if I said we had a personal issue that they should assume it was a matter of his job and that I couldnt disclose any further info. They were always very understanding.

I can calculate the movement of heavenly bodies but not the madness of people. ~ Newton
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:41 PM   #7
phrogger
You can't touch this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
I would just something like its a family matter but one you are unable to rearrange due to the fact that it also has to due with your spouses employment or something.

ETA when I was in school I just told my instructors that Rob was Navy and if I said we had a personal issue that they should assume it was a matter of his job and that I couldnt disclose any further info. They were always very understanding.
I'll probably say something like this. I am just irritated because we were not supposed to have a final in this class and I made sure that all my classes wouldn't have a conflict unless the dates changed. Well the dates changed, but only by a few days sooner so it really doesn't affect any other class, just this one where a final was added AFTER our midterm. The school got on our professor about our class not being hard enough so she had to add a test. Uggg. I think she'll be understanding. Especially since it is a "marriage and family" class. What is more "marriage" then supporting your spouse at a time like this? If I can't change it, guess i am not leaving the area.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:09 PM   #8
AbramsPatrol
Counting
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
AbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Huffy View Post
AbramsPatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:13 PM   #9
Lolo
Formally Lauren
You can't touch this!

Lolo is all that and a bag of chipsLolo is all that and a bag of chipsLolo is all that and a bag of chipsLolo is all that and a bag of chipsLolo is all that and a bag of chipsLolo is all that and a bag of chipsLolo is all that and a bag of chipsLolo is all that and a bag of chipsLolo is all that and a bag of chipsLolo is all that and a bag of chipsLolo is all that and a bag of chips

Ack, I hate that! Especially when you can not give the reason and it is completely valid. ESPECIALLY since it was added and not there from the start.
Lolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:33 PM   #10
ErinK

ErinK is all that and a bag of chipsErinK is all that and a bag of chipsErinK is all that and a bag of chipsErinK is all that and a bag of chipsErinK is all that and a bag of chipsErinK is all that and a bag of chipsErinK is all that and a bag of chipsErinK is all that and a bag of chipsErinK is all that and a bag of chipsErinK is all that and a bag of chipsErinK is all that and a bag of chips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Huffy View Post
I agree with this also. That stinks that the dates are so close.

ErinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:13 AM   #11
GiggleKitten
Super Moderator
Super Mod

GiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chips

I would state that he is deploying but not give an exact date, especially since they say that personal issues don't normally count.

GiggleKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:12 PM   #12
ShannonMarie
Love you more
Getting warmer

My Mood:
ShannonMarie is all that and a bag of chipsShannonMarie is all that and a bag of chipsShannonMarie is all that and a bag of chipsShannonMarie is all that and a bag of chipsShannonMarie is all that and a bag of chipsShannonMarie is all that and a bag of chipsShannonMarie is all that and a bag of chipsShannonMarie is all that and a bag of chipsShannonMarie is all that and a bag of chipsShannonMarie is all that and a bag of chipsShannonMarie is all that and a bag of chips

Say it isn't a personal issue but one of national security

I would just say that you can't explain further but your husband is military and it is dealing with that. It isn't something you can necessarily be flexible on, and that you had taken the class at that time for the specific reason that there was to be no final. Since the prof changed that, he should be understanding. Hopefully....

Good luck!

"The best thing to hold onto in life is each other."
ShannonMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:00 PM   #13
marybeth
iraq.

marybeth is all that and a bag of chipsmarybeth is all that and a bag of chipsmarybeth is all that and a bag of chipsmarybeth is all that and a bag of chipsmarybeth is all that and a bag of chipsmarybeth is all that and a bag of chipsmarybeth is all that and a bag of chipsmarybeth is all that and a bag of chipsmarybeth is all that and a bag of chipsmarybeth is all that and a bag of chipsmarybeth is all that and a bag of chips

Yeah I don't think it would be all that bad to say my husband is deploying in and around that time.
marybeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:16 PM   #14
phrogger
You can't touch this!

Well looks like I am not driving him down now so I can still take the test on the correct day as long as he doesn't take the last flight.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:45 AM   #15
soozq222
Missing my bestie
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
soozq222 is all that and a bag of chipssoozq222 is all that and a bag of chipssoozq222 is all that and a bag of chipssoozq222 is all that and a bag of chipssoozq222 is all that and a bag of chipssoozq222 is all that and a bag of chipssoozq222 is all that and a bag of chipssoozq222 is all that and a bag of chipssoozq222 is all that and a bag of chipssoozq222 is all that and a bag of chipssoozq222 is all that and a bag of chips

I told my professor DH was deploying without telling him the specific date. My profesors were actually very understanding of it.

soozq222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:45 AM   #16
Allison124

Allison124 is on a distinguished road

I would say that your husband is deploying ... military people deploy all the time, I don't think there is anything wrong with saying that ... just dont give an exact date or time. You can even say "I am not allowed to disclose the exact date and time but my husband will be deploying ..."
Allison124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:48 AM   #17
Allison124

Allison124 is on a distinguished road

I just saw that you said you might be able to take the test on the correct day since you're not driving him ... if I were you, I would try to get the professor to give you some extra time anyway ... the day or day after you husband leaves for a deployment is probably not the best time to take a big test!!! Tell your professor you can't due to a deployment and buy yourself a few days to get over it and back into school mode!!! Just my thoughts on it!!
Allison124 is offline   Reply With Quote

Military Spouse Support Network > News, Politics, and Military Info > Military Info