Military Spouse Support Network

Go Back   Military Spouse Support Network > Housing, moving, life in general > Food for Thought

Food for Thought Food, food, food, more food!

Old 10-17-2011, 10:09 AM   #1
lovingmysailor
Me and the Hubs!
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
lovingmysailor is all that and a bag of chipslovingmysailor is all that and a bag of chipslovingmysailor is all that and a bag of chipslovingmysailor is all that and a bag of chipslovingmysailor is all that and a bag of chipslovingmysailor is all that and a bag of chipslovingmysailor is all that and a bag of chipslovingmysailor is all that and a bag of chipslovingmysailor is all that and a bag of chipslovingmysailor is all that and a bag of chipslovingmysailor is all that and a bag of chips
Default Your Favorite - Crock Pot

What is your favorite crock pot recipe?

lovingmysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:30 AM   #2
Poochie
♥♥
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Poochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chips
Default Re: Your Favorite - Crock Pot

I have a couple, I like them cause they are EASY and generally healthy.

1.5 lbs of pork tenderloin, give or take. (The kind that looks like a tube I just get whatever weight it comes in)
I put it in the crockpot sometimes raw
Add 1 cup of water
Add 3/4 cup of red wine, a medium to dry variety
1 packet of lipton onion soup mix.
I also add garlic and black pepper, I do to almost everything.

If it's raw I leave it in longer, if it's thawed 6 hours on low usually does good.
It comes out SO tender.

Also I like to do:

6-8 chicken thighs
Cream of whatever soup
Mushrooms, sliced, white ones
Black pepper and garlic of course
Then the last 30 min or so, add frozen peas and brown rice
I cook on 6 low but if it's frozen chicken I'll do about 8.
Comes out SO tender and smells YUMMY.

These are easy I just toss in the meat frozen, pile everything in and if I'm feeling lazy or have no time, they make very good meals.

Poochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:33 AM   #3
LivinLife
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
LivinLife is all that and a bag of chipsLivinLife is all that and a bag of chipsLivinLife is all that and a bag of chipsLivinLife is all that and a bag of chipsLivinLife is all that and a bag of chipsLivinLife is all that and a bag of chipsLivinLife is all that and a bag of chipsLivinLife is all that and a bag of chipsLivinLife is all that and a bag of chipsLivinLife is all that and a bag of chipsLivinLife is all that and a bag of chips

Its a Dessert one actually

1 Box of Cake mix(yellow)
1 stick of Butter
2 cans of Pie Filling (apple)
Walnuts
Whip Cream

Put the filling in the bottom then mix the dry cake mix and melted butter in a separate bowl and put on top of pie filling and sprinkle with Walnuts. Cook on Low for 4 hours top with whip cream or cool whip

I am normally on my Phone when posting or commenting please forgive spelling and grammar
LivinLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:52 AM   #4
redhd21
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
redhd21 is all that and a bag of chipsredhd21 is all that and a bag of chipsredhd21 is all that and a bag of chipsredhd21 is all that and a bag of chipsredhd21 is all that and a bag of chipsredhd21 is all that and a bag of chipsredhd21 is all that and a bag of chipsredhd21 is all that and a bag of chipsredhd21 is all that and a bag of chipsredhd21 is all that and a bag of chipsredhd21 is all that and a bag of chips

Cheesey chicken

1 lb chicken thighs
1 can cheese soup
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 onion chopped
Garlic, salt, pepper to taste
Shredded cheese

Put chicken in frozen, dump next four ingredients on top. Cook on high at least 4 hours, or low for 6 (low works best) stir occasionally (you don't have to, but I do). When almost finished add as much shredded cheese as you would like, and let melt.

I usually serve it over rice. Everyone loves it!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

redhd21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:55 AM   #5
Robyn
What Keeps Me Going
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
Robyn is all that and a bag of chipsRobyn is all that and a bag of chipsRobyn is all that and a bag of chipsRobyn is all that and a bag of chipsRobyn is all that and a bag of chipsRobyn is all that and a bag of chipsRobyn is all that and a bag of chipsRobyn is all that and a bag of chipsRobyn is all that and a bag of chipsRobyn is all that and a bag of chipsRobyn is all that and a bag of chips

Zesty BBQ Chicken

6 frozen skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (I use 8 frozen breast tenderloin strips)
1 (12 ounce) bottle barbeque sauce
1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

Place chicken in a slow cooker. In a bowl, mix the barbecue sauce, Italian salad dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over the chicken.

Cover, and cook 3 to 4 hours on High or 6 to 8 hours on Low.

I usually pair this with our Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole (at DH's request)

Robyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:57 AM   #6
LuvinMySoldier08
♥Jordan Elizabeth♥
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
LuvinMySoldier08 is all that and a bag of chipsLuvinMySoldier08 is all that and a bag of chipsLuvinMySoldier08 is all that and a bag of chipsLuvinMySoldier08 is all that and a bag of chipsLuvinMySoldier08 is all that and a bag of chipsLuvinMySoldier08 is all that and a bag of chipsLuvinMySoldier08 is all that and a bag of chipsLuvinMySoldier08 is all that and a bag of chipsLuvinMySoldier08 is all that and a bag of chipsLuvinMySoldier08 is all that and a bag of chipsLuvinMySoldier08 is all that and a bag of chips

Firecracker chili!!
1 package of hot Italian turkey sausage
1 onion chopped
1tbs olive oil
1tbs ground coriander
2tbs chili powder
2 cans of kidney beans
3 cans of diced tomatos with green chilis

Heat the oil in a pan and brown turkey sausage. When done transfer to crock pot and add onion to hot pan and sauté til soft. Remove from heat and add coriander and chili powder and let it sit about 5 minutes or until fragrant them move to crock pot. Add kidney beans and canned tomatos to crock pot, stir all together and cook on high for 4-6 hours
Old 10-17-2011, 02:35 PM   #7
Kitten
Not a 'Navy Wife'
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Kitten is all that and a bag of chipsKitten is all that and a bag of chipsKitten is all that and a bag of chipsKitten is all that and a bag of chipsKitten is all that and a bag of chipsKitten is all that and a bag of chipsKitten is all that and a bag of chipsKitten is all that and a bag of chipsKitten is all that and a bag of chipsKitten is all that and a bag of chipsKitten is all that and a bag of chips

Savory Pork and Cabbage Soup

1 pound boneless country-style pork ribs, cut into 1-inch pieces
4 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices (2 cups)
2 medium stalks celery, chopped (1 cup)
1 medium potato, peeled and cut into 1/2x1/4-inch pieces
1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
4 cups chopped cabbage (about 1 medium head)
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
4 cups water
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
4 chicken bouillon cubes
1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes, undrained
Throw it all in the crock pot together for about 6 hours. (I dont add the carrots...I do not like carrots in soup and I do half a head of cabbage instead of a whole one)

I can calculate the movement of heavenly bodies but not the madness of people. ~ Newton
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 02:43 PM   #8
Mizz*B
Amor Vincit Omnia ♥
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
Mizz*B is all that and a bag of chipsMizz*B is all that and a bag of chipsMizz*B is all that and a bag of chipsMizz*B is all that and a bag of chipsMizz*B is all that and a bag of chipsMizz*B is all that and a bag of chipsMizz*B is all that and a bag of chipsMizz*B is all that and a bag of chipsMizz*B is all that and a bag of chipsMizz*B is all that and a bag of chipsMizz*B is all that and a bag of chips

Pork Chops in cream of mushroom soup. You just basically put in some pork chops and about 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup and let it cook until the pork chops fall apart.

The other recipe i just call "Crockpot chicken & noodles" You take a few boneless chicken breasts, wrap them in bacon and place them in the crockpot. Then add 2 cans of cream of chicken soup and let it cook until the chicken will fall apart. Then cook some egg noodles and add them to the chicken. Then you add sour cream and mix it all together. It's soo good
Old 10-17-2011, 03:19 PM   #9
Mrs.Pacmann
Gamer like Daddy!
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Mrs.Pacmann is all that and a bag of chipsMrs.Pacmann is all that and a bag of chipsMrs.Pacmann is all that and a bag of chipsMrs.Pacmann is all that and a bag of chipsMrs.Pacmann is all that and a bag of chipsMrs.Pacmann is all that and a bag of chipsMrs.Pacmann is all that and a bag of chipsMrs.Pacmann is all that and a bag of chipsMrs.Pacmann is all that and a bag of chipsMrs.Pacmann is all that and a bag of chipsMrs.Pacmann is all that and a bag of chips

Chicken tacos

http://samariums-swatches.blogspot.com/
(my nail polish blog!)

Mrs.Pacmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:42 PM   #10
TawnyTimber
Mindless Mutterer
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
TawnyTimber is all that and a bag of chipsTawnyTimber is all that and a bag of chipsTawnyTimber is all that and a bag of chipsTawnyTimber is all that and a bag of chipsTawnyTimber is all that and a bag of chipsTawnyTimber is all that and a bag of chipsTawnyTimber is all that and a bag of chipsTawnyTimber is all that and a bag of chipsTawnyTimber is all that and a bag of chipsTawnyTimber is all that and a bag of chipsTawnyTimber is all that and a bag of chips

White Chicken Chili

Cut up and browned Chicken (I cheat sometimes and use the fajita chicken meat from Schwans
2 cans of different white beans (whatever is on sale)
Potatoes
Corn
1 package of White Chicken Chili Seasoning from McCormick

I garnish with shredded lettuce, sour cream, chopped tomatoes and guac. SO YUMMY!
Old 10-17-2011, 06:19 PM   #11
Booger
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Booger is all that and a bag of chipsBooger is all that and a bag of chipsBooger is all that and a bag of chipsBooger is all that and a bag of chipsBooger is all that and a bag of chipsBooger is all that and a bag of chipsBooger is all that and a bag of chipsBooger is all that and a bag of chipsBooger is all that and a bag of chipsBooger is all that and a bag of chipsBooger is all that and a bag of chips

My two favorite. Chicken enchilada roll ups and chicken with gravy.

Chicken enchilada

3-4 chicken breasts cut into strips
Jar jalepenos
Onion chopped
About 1tbsp oregano
1 c chicken broth

Use a flour salt mixture to coat chicken fry in butter on medium high till golden brown. Put in crockpot. Put chicken broth in skillet and scrap up the chicken and butter bits. Add that to the chicken. Add also the onion and oregano and jalepenos (I use like 1/2 jar) cook on high 4-6 hrs stir up and serve in warmed tortillas with lettuce, tomato, guacamole, sour cream and cheese.

Chicken and gravy

2-5 chicken breasts
2 cans cream of mushroom
Packet of onion soup mix

Mix the soups add chicken. Freakin delicious with mashed potatoes and spinach! I loooove the gravy it makes!
Wilhelmina Evelyn 06/22/13

Please like and share my page! Crochet To The Rescue!
Booger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:28 PM   #12
MandyK
Happily Child Free

My Mood:
MandyK is all that and a bag of chipsMandyK is all that and a bag of chipsMandyK is all that and a bag of chipsMandyK is all that and a bag of chipsMandyK is all that and a bag of chipsMandyK is all that and a bag of chipsMandyK is all that and a bag of chipsMandyK is all that and a bag of chipsMandyK is all that and a bag of chipsMandyK is all that and a bag of chipsMandyK is all that and a bag of chips

Any kind of soup or stew! Mmm.
MandyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:22 PM   #13
Ashley.
Getting warmer

My Mood:
Ashley. is all that and a bag of chipsAshley. is all that and a bag of chipsAshley. is all that and a bag of chipsAshley. is all that and a bag of chipsAshley. is all that and a bag of chipsAshley. is all that and a bag of chipsAshley. is all that and a bag of chipsAshley. is all that and a bag of chipsAshley. is all that and a bag of chipsAshley. is all that and a bag of chipsAshley. is all that and a bag of chips

I love my crockpot, I cook everything I can in it...
My favorite meal is the Slow Cooker Orange chicken on CP365 blog. I use rice vinegar instead of balsamic though. It's so good.
http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2009...en-recipe.html
Hubby's favorite is Salsa Chicken. It's so easy. All you do is put some chicken breasts in the bottom of the crockpot (I do 3-4 normally), on top of that put 1 cup of salsa, the recipe calls for 1 pkg of taco seasoning but I usually do 1/4 to 1/2 the package since it's so salty, and 1 can of Campbell's cheddar cheese canned soup. Just pour all that over the chicken and cook low for 6-8 hours. I always shred it and serve it over brown rice. DH gets so excited over that meal, little does he know it takes about 2 minutes to get together
I make yogurt in my crockpot all the time also. It saves a ton of money. http://freezeyourwayfit.blogspot.com/2011/02/homemade-yogurt.html
Sounds weird but it works and turns out perfect everytime.
Surviving Deployment #1

Ashley. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:24 PM   #14
Amanda Nicole
The Strong one
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Amanda Nicole is all that and a bag of chipsAmanda Nicole is all that and a bag of chipsAmanda Nicole is all that and a bag of chipsAmanda Nicole is all that and a bag of chipsAmanda Nicole is all that and a bag of chipsAmanda Nicole is all that and a bag of chipsAmanda Nicole is all that and a bag of chipsAmanda Nicole is all that and a bag of chipsAmanda Nicole is all that and a bag of chipsAmanda Nicole is all that and a bag of chipsAmanda Nicole is all that and a bag of chips

Dump Cake

Ingredients:
1 20 ounce can cherry pie filling
1 can drains chunks of pineapple
1 box yellow cake mix
2 spoonfuls of sugar ( mix in the melted butter)
3/4 cup margarine, melted

Grease the crock pot with a stick of butter
Dump the cherry pie filling in the crock pot or slow cooker, then layer the pineapple onto of the cherry filling. In a separate bowl, mix together the margarine and cake mix, then dump this over the pie filling.

Cook for 4 hours

serve with ice cream or whip cream

HE'S HOME!!

Fast Weight loss Online at the Weight Loss Center

http://thesedeardays.blogspot.com/
Amanda Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:51 PM   #15
hooahwife
I'm a posting machine!

hooahwife is all that and a bag of chipshooahwife is all that and a bag of chipshooahwife is all that and a bag of chipshooahwife is all that and a bag of chipshooahwife is all that and a bag of chipshooahwife is all that and a bag of chipshooahwife is all that and a bag of chipshooahwife is all that and a bag of chipshooahwife is all that and a bag of chipshooahwife is all that and a bag of chipshooahwife is all that and a bag of chips

Feijoada (Brazilian Beef Stew) is one of my favorites. In fact my BIL also loves it that whenever he's visiting he would ask me to make tons of it. He even bought me a larger slow cooker (8 qt) to cook it in. Here's the recipe.

http://www.sarapliciouskitchen.com/2...beef-stew.html
hooahwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 04:20 PM   #16
cg~gunswife
retirement bound!!
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
cg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chips

BBQ pork tenderloin
1 bottle fav BBQ sauce
1 pork tenderloin
2 cups water
cook on med for 6 hours, remove pork from sauce let stand for 10 minutes and shred using 2 forks
place back into sauce and stir well

serve over toasted buns with coleslaw
1/2 med bell pepper seeded and finly chopped
cook above ingrediets until beef is cooked thru and crumbly, onions are translucent and peppers are slightly cooked
drain off any fat and pour into crock pot
add:
2 cans Bushes chili beans
1 can dark red kidney beans ( undrained)
1 can diced tomotoes
1/.2 can no salt added tomato paste
1 med size can no salt added tomato sauce
2 teaspoons chili powder
pinch of cumin ( can omit of you don't have it)
if you like it spicy add a little red pepper flakes
cook over low heat 4-6 hours

cg~gunswife is offline   Reply With Quote

Military Spouse Support Network > Housing, moving, life in general > Food for Thought