Military Spouse Support Network

Go Back   Military Spouse Support Network > Housing, moving, life in general > House and home

House and home Tips on decorating, cleaning, home repair, talk about military housing, etc.

Old 07-23-2011, 05:57 PM   #1
misseslloyd
Santa Baby
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
misseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chips
Default Lysol in steam mop?

Can I put Lysol or other cleaner in my bissel steam mop? When I mop it smells funny & I love the lemon scent & using cleaner. Will it ruin it?

misseslloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 05:59 PM   #2
ewall009
love love love
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
ewall009 is all that and a bag of chipsewall009 is all that and a bag of chipsewall009 is all that and a bag of chipsewall009 is all that and a bag of chipsewall009 is all that and a bag of chipsewall009 is all that and a bag of chipsewall009 is all that and a bag of chipsewall009 is all that and a bag of chipsewall009 is all that and a bag of chipsewall009 is all that and a bag of chipsewall009 is all that and a bag of chips
Default Re: Lysol in steam mop?

we have a bissel and it says not to. something about ruining the filter.

they do make scented water for it too. we have some and it smells pretty good

ewall009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 06:24 PM   #3
KarliG
AMMO Wife
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
KarliG is all that and a bag of chipsKarliG is all that and a bag of chipsKarliG is all that and a bag of chipsKarliG is all that and a bag of chipsKarliG is all that and a bag of chipsKarliG is all that and a bag of chipsKarliG is all that and a bag of chipsKarliG is all that and a bag of chipsKarliG is all that and a bag of chipsKarliG is all that and a bag of chipsKarliG is all that and a bag of chips

I say no. You could spray something on the floor first, and then go over it with steam.

KarliG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 07:20 PM   #4
opmacmel
Wow, look at me go!

opmacmel has disabled reputation

No! But I have used a little bit of vinegar or essential oils.
opmacmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 07:21 PM   #5
Mrs.Pacmann
Gamer like Daddy!
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Mrs.Pacmann is all that and a bag of chipsMrs.Pacmann is all that and a bag of chipsMrs.Pacmann is all that and a bag of chipsMrs.Pacmann is all that and a bag of chipsMrs.Pacmann is all that and a bag of chipsMrs.Pacmann is all that and a bag of chipsMrs.Pacmann is all that and a bag of chipsMrs.Pacmann is all that and a bag of chipsMrs.Pacmann is all that and a bag of chipsMrs.Pacmann is all that and a bag of chipsMrs.Pacmann is all that and a bag of chips

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarliG View Post
I say no. You could spray something on the floor first, and then go over it with steam.
This is what i do

http://samariums-swatches.blogspot.com/
(my nail polish blog!)

Mrs.Pacmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 08:26 PM   #6
marinewife121606
Chrissy
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
marinewife121606 is all that and a bag of chipsmarinewife121606 is all that and a bag of chipsmarinewife121606 is all that and a bag of chipsmarinewife121606 is all that and a bag of chipsmarinewife121606 is all that and a bag of chipsmarinewife121606 is all that and a bag of chipsmarinewife121606 is all that and a bag of chipsmarinewife121606 is all that and a bag of chipsmarinewife121606 is all that and a bag of chipsmarinewife121606 is all that and a bag of chipsmarinewife121606 is all that and a bag of chips

Isn't the whole purpose of the steam mop to NOT use cleaner?? Or are you asking because it stinks and you are trying to get the smell out??

marinewife121606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 08:28 PM   #7
misseslloyd
Santa Baby
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
misseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chips

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinewife121606 View Post
Isn't the whole purpose of the steam mop to NOT use cleaner?? Or are you asking because it stinks and you are trying to get the smell out??
Yep ostly I like to use it because it doesn't hurt my back like using a regular mop does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by opmacmel View Post
No! But I have used a little bit of vinegar or essential oils.
Vinegar is a good idea. I would use EO but I don't have any

misseslloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 08:45 PM   #8
SGTShepsWife
Eye Care Extraordinare!!!
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
SGTShepsWife is all that and a bag of chipsSGTShepsWife is all that and a bag of chipsSGTShepsWife is all that and a bag of chipsSGTShepsWife is all that and a bag of chipsSGTShepsWife is all that and a bag of chipsSGTShepsWife is all that and a bag of chipsSGTShepsWife is all that and a bag of chipsSGTShepsWife is all that and a bag of chipsSGTShepsWife is all that and a bag of chipsSGTShepsWife is all that and a bag of chipsSGTShepsWife is all that and a bag of chips

I put just a dab (literally) of Pine Sol in mine....I know you arent supposed to, but I did.....
SGTShepsWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:11 AM   #9
mistimae
found the missing piece
I'm a posting machine!

My Mood:
mistimae is all that and a bag of chipsmistimae is all that and a bag of chipsmistimae is all that and a bag of chipsmistimae is all that and a bag of chipsmistimae is all that and a bag of chipsmistimae is all that and a bag of chipsmistimae is all that and a bag of chipsmistimae is all that and a bag of chipsmistimae is all that and a bag of chipsmistimae is all that and a bag of chipsmistimae is all that and a bag of chips

I used to put a tiny bit of bleach in my shark steam mop.....it died after a year of heavy use though, maybe this is why?

mistimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:20 AM   #10
FarfromHOMEwife
MarineWifey4life
I'm a posting machine!

My Mood:
FarfromHOMEwife is all that and a bag of chipsFarfromHOMEwife is all that and a bag of chipsFarfromHOMEwife is all that and a bag of chipsFarfromHOMEwife is all that and a bag of chipsFarfromHOMEwife is all that and a bag of chipsFarfromHOMEwife is all that and a bag of chipsFarfromHOMEwife is all that and a bag of chipsFarfromHOMEwife is all that and a bag of chipsFarfromHOMEwife is all that and a bag of chipsFarfromHOMEwife is all that and a bag of chipsFarfromHOMEwife is all that and a bag of chips

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewall009 View Post
we have a bissel and it says not to. something about ruining the filter.

they do make scented water for it too. we have some and it smells pretty good
Really where do you get that? I was told it voids your warranty but I usually put a squirt of it on the floor to make it smell good too.

Survived Deployment #1
Survivor Deployment #2

"Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice , but falling in love with you I had no control over."

FarfromHOMEwife is offline   Reply With Quote

Military Spouse Support Network > Housing, moving, life in general > House and home