Military Spouse Support Network

Go Back   Military Spouse Support Network > News, Politics, and Military Info > Military Info

Military Info New to military life? Need answers? This is the place for you!

Old 06-05-2011, 10:57 AM   #1
Esme
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Esme is all that and a bag of chipsEsme is all that and a bag of chipsEsme is all that and a bag of chipsEsme is all that and a bag of chipsEsme is all that and a bag of chipsEsme is all that and a bag of chipsEsme is all that and a bag of chipsEsme is all that and a bag of chipsEsme is all that and a bag of chipsEsme is all that and a bag of chipsEsme is all that and a bag of chips
Default DITY move after getting out, a few questions

So, DF is getting out this month and they are paying his move back to his state of residence or how ever you call that

So first: We thought he'd get some money for moving in advance but he was now told he wouldn't. When I looked it up on here I saw many got money in advance. So could that be post policy or something or are they bsing us again (wouldn't be the first time )?

Second, did I get this right?
- He weighs his truck empty and loaded
- he drives to his home state
- he turns in all the receipts? Does that include gas and hotel for spending the night? Does he have to weigh it again when he gets there?

Third, he will probably drive his motorcycle. Someone told him he gets paid for driving his motorcycle down there too, I haven't found anything about that, is that true? Since it probably doesn't fit on the truck it's the only option but paying it out of pocket would suck.

Any advice would be appreciated!

HE IS HOME!!!!

Last edited by Esme; 06-05-2011 at 02:01 PM.
Esme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:05 AM   #2
LadyWicky
"Batman" of WonderPets
You can't touch this!

LadyWicky is all that and a bag of chipsLadyWicky is all that and a bag of chipsLadyWicky is all that and a bag of chipsLadyWicky is all that and a bag of chipsLadyWicky is all that and a bag of chipsLadyWicky is all that and a bag of chipsLadyWicky is all that and a bag of chipsLadyWicky is all that and a bag of chipsLadyWicky is all that and a bag of chipsLadyWicky is all that and a bag of chipsLadyWicky is all that and a bag of chips
Default Re: DITY move after getting out, a few questions

When Nate got out, we got a packet from DMO. In the packet it gave us all of our instructions. We had to estimate our weight totals, and from that they told us how much we could get in advance. Here's the thing though...if your estimates are off and they end up giving you more than the true weight allows for, you have to pay it back. So, we opted to not get an advance.

We rented a truck, weighed it empty, filled it up (including the gas tank) and had it weighed again. We also had our car weighed empty and full. Then, we kept all the receipts for anything involved in moving (gas, products, the rental truck, storage, ect.) We turned them in with the packet in the order it wanted. Then, a little while later, our money showed up in the bank.

I was under the impression that we would get re-imbursed for anything we spent plus whatever moving entitled you to. NOT true, we just got what we were owed per the weight of the goods. The only thing we specifically got re-imbursed for was storage. You get 3 months up front (you have to pay and they will re-imburse) plus 3 extra months. They will pay for a total of 6 months of storage.

I hope that helps. If you have any other questions, I will try to answer them the best I can.

LadyWicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:18 AM   #3
Esme
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Esme is all that and a bag of chipsEsme is all that and a bag of chipsEsme is all that and a bag of chipsEsme is all that and a bag of chipsEsme is all that and a bag of chipsEsme is all that and a bag of chipsEsme is all that and a bag of chipsEsme is all that and a bag of chipsEsme is all that and a bag of chipsEsme is all that and a bag of chipsEsme is all that and a bag of chips

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyWicky View Post
When Nate got out, we got a packet from DMO. In the packet it gave us all of our instructions. We had to estimate our weight totals, and from that they told us how much we could get in advance. Here's the thing though...if your estimates are off and they end up giving you more than the true weight allows for, you have to pay it back. So, we opted to not get an advance.

We rented a truck, weighed it empty, filled it up (including the gas tank) and had it weighed again. We also had our car weighed empty and full. Then, we kept all the receipts for anything involved in moving (gas, products, the rental truck, storage, ect.) We turned them in with the packet in the order it wanted. Then, a little while later, our money showed up in the bank.

I was under the impression that we would get re-imbursed for anything we spent plus whatever moving entitled you to. NOT true, we just got what we were owed per the weight of the goods. The only thing we specifically got re-imbursed for was storage. You get 3 months up front (you have to pay and they will re-imburse) plus 3 extra months. They will pay for a total of 6 months of storage.

I hope that helps. If you have any other questions, I will try to answer them the best I can.

We're so confused as he was told he'd not get anything in advance, I passed the DMO thing to him telling him to ask there again. I can't really imagine he'd not get anything in advance as no one I know had to do it out of pocket without getting anything in advance, they said something that it's new policy so idk.
So, since he'd do an extra trip with the motorcycle should he just weigh it as it is and add it to the weight of the truck with an extra receipt?

ETA: Here's another one, he doesn't know what DMO is and if I google it for Ft Bragg I can't find it, could it be called different in the Army? Where do we find them? They said something about paperwork being ready on friday but I don't know if it's the one for that move.

HE IS HOME!!!!

Last edited by Esme; 06-05-2011 at 11:30 AM.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:17 PM   #4
cg~gunswife
retirement bound!!
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
cg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chips

it is hard to get an advance when you are getting out-

it is possible but if you get the avance it will hold up the final audit- and if ther eis an over payment they will take it all out of his final pay,

you now have to weigh the truck at origin- both empty and full.
the motorcycle you can move as HHg's or they will pay 19 cents a mile for him to drive it.
he cannot get a seperate weight tix for just the motorcyle- it has to be weighed all together either IN the truck or on a trailer

however he cannot claim mileage on his dads truck or the rental truck-

Last edited by cg~gunswife; 06-05-2011 at 12:19 PM.
cg~gunswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 12:18 PM   #5
cg~gunswife
retirement bound!!
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
cg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chips

the DMO is actually TMO transportation management office - or TO transportation office

Old 06-05-2011, 12:37 PM   #6
Esme
You can't touch this!

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cg~gunswife View Post
it is hard to get an advance when you are getting out-

it is possible but if you get the avance it will hold up the final audit- and if ther eis an over payment they will take it all out of his final pay,

you now have to weigh the truck at origin- both empty and full.
the motorcycle you can move as HHg's or they will pay 19 cents a mile for him to drive it.
he cannot get a seperate weight tix for just the motorcyle- it has to be weighed all together either IN the truck or on a trailer

however he cannot claim mileage on his dads truck or the rental truck-
that helps a lot!!
I don't understand the bolded? Doesn't he get paid per lbs and mile no matter what truck he takes?

HE IS HOME!!!!

Last edited by Esme; 06-05-2011 at 12:42 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:50 PM   #7
cg~gunswife
retirement bound!!
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esme View Post
that helps a lot!!
I don't understand the bolded? Doesn't he get paid per lbs and mile no matter what truck he takes?
sort of- the PPM ( formerly called a DITY) is paid by weight and distance- these are combine in a formula the TMO uses to determine the price per pound called a tarriff rate-

the MALT is a seperate reimbursement for driving your POV- personal owned vehicle

Old 06-05-2011, 01:06 PM   #8
Esme
You can't touch this!

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cg~gunswife View Post
sort of- the PPM ( formerly called a DITY) is paid by weight and distance- these are combine in a formula the TMO uses to determine the price per pound called a tarriff rate-

the MALT is a seperate reimbursement for driving your POV- personal owned vehicle
I see.
for explaining all this, it's so confusing!

HE IS HOME!!!!

Last edited by Esme; 06-05-2011 at 01:59 PM.

Military Spouse Support Network > News, Politics, and Military Info > Military Info