Military Spouse Support Network

Go Back   Military Spouse Support Network > Parenting > Our furry kids

Our furry kids They might have more hair, but we love them as our own!

Old 04-09-2011, 02:30 AM   #1
misseslloyd
Santa Baby
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
misseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chips
Default How much should a 60 lb dog eat/day?

I'm concerned chance isn't eating as much as he should. I can't lift him anymore but I think he may have lost weight hes about 1 1/2 years old he's acting completely fine. I feed both dogs together I tried feeding them apart to measure just what Chance is eating but he won't eat alone he just cries for my other dog

misseslloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:40 AM   #2
1812Wife
Wow, look at me go!

1812Wife has disabled reputation
Default Re: How much should a 60 lb dog eat/day?

Tracker eats 2 cups a day when he feels like it ... some days he only eats 1 cup and somedays he doesn't touch his food.
1812Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:44 AM   #3
Diamondclover06
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
Diamondclover06 is all that and a bag of chipsDiamondclover06 is all that and a bag of chipsDiamondclover06 is all that and a bag of chipsDiamondclover06 is all that and a bag of chipsDiamondclover06 is all that and a bag of chipsDiamondclover06 is all that and a bag of chipsDiamondclover06 is all that and a bag of chipsDiamondclover06 is all that and a bag of chipsDiamondclover06 is all that and a bag of chipsDiamondclover06 is all that and a bag of chipsDiamondclover06 is all that and a bag of chips

1/2 cup of food per 20 pounds a day so 1 1/2 cups a day, when was the last time he had bloodwork done? The best way to make sure he's okay is to have a blood panel but if he's acting fine and you havent noticed anything else weird then i'm sure hes alright.
Diamondclover06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:48 AM   #4
ProudVetWife518
Alexa :)
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
ProudVetWife518 is all that and a bag of chipsProudVetWife518 is all that and a bag of chipsProudVetWife518 is all that and a bag of chipsProudVetWife518 is all that and a bag of chipsProudVetWife518 is all that and a bag of chipsProudVetWife518 is all that and a bag of chipsProudVetWife518 is all that and a bag of chipsProudVetWife518 is all that and a bag of chipsProudVetWife518 is all that and a bag of chipsProudVetWife518 is all that and a bag of chipsProudVetWife518 is all that and a bag of chips

I go by what my dog food bag says. I usually give my chihuahua mostly wet food because she is old and hates the kibble now. So I usually give her some dry food (Like a small handful) and 2 spoonfuls of wet food each meal.

The two other dogs are about 20 pounds and I give them 1 1/2 cups a day of dry food. They are getting chunky so we really have to watch and make sure they dont bowl hop. (They love to get to the old dogs food since she gets wet food.)

I love you Ava <3 5-18-10 <3 Till we meet again.

So in love with my little boy. <3 8-21-11

In love with my little princess <3 12-12-13
ProudVetWife518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:53 AM   #5
Diamondclover06
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
Diamondclover06 is all that and a bag of chipsDiamondclover06 is all that and a bag of chipsDiamondclover06 is all that and a bag of chipsDiamondclover06 is all that and a bag of chipsDiamondclover06 is all that and a bag of chipsDiamondclover06 is all that and a bag of chipsDiamondclover06 is all that and a bag of chipsDiamondclover06 is all that and a bag of chipsDiamondclover06 is all that and a bag of chipsDiamondclover06 is all that and a bag of chipsDiamondclover06 is all that and a bag of chips

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudVetWife518 View Post
I go by what my dog food bag says. I usually give my chihuahua mostly wet food because she is old and hates the kibble now. So I usually give her some dry food (Like a small handful) and 2 spoonfuls of wet food each meal.

The two other dogs are about 20 pounds and I give them 1 1/2 cups a day of dry food. They are getting chunky so we really have to watch and make sure they dont bowl hop. (They love to get to the old dogs food since she gets wet food.)
Manufacturers put on there bags a larger amount of food to feed a day so your dog eats more and in turn you buy more dog food. Thats a ton of food a day for such small dogs.
Diamondclover06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:59 AM   #6
Tiffers
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
Tiffers is all that and a bag of chipsTiffers is all that and a bag of chipsTiffers is all that and a bag of chipsTiffers is all that and a bag of chipsTiffers is all that and a bag of chipsTiffers is all that and a bag of chipsTiffers is all that and a bag of chipsTiffers is all that and a bag of chipsTiffers is all that and a bag of chipsTiffers is all that and a bag of chipsTiffers is all that and a bag of chips

Here is a website for help http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/feeding.htm Scroll down and there is a feeding chart.

For us, our 100lbs lab gets 2 1/2 cups twice a day. She "could" if we wanted to get up to 4 cups twice a day. But she's on a diet, hehe!

Tiffers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:10 AM   #7
rezagirl
I'm a posting machine!

rezagirl is all that and a bag of chipsrezagirl is all that and a bag of chipsrezagirl is all that and a bag of chipsrezagirl is all that and a bag of chipsrezagirl is all that and a bag of chipsrezagirl is all that and a bag of chipsrezagirl is all that and a bag of chipsrezagirl is all that and a bag of chipsrezagirl is all that and a bag of chipsrezagirl is all that and a bag of chipsrezagirl is all that and a bag of chips

We go by what is on the label. Our 50lb dog gets 3 cups a day, but I'm thinking of cutting it down since she hasn't been to the dog park and hasn't been as active. The past few days she's only eaten half of her food, but yesterday she went back to eating her full serving.

rezagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:58 PM   #8
Melissa75
Formerly Navywife1995
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Melissa75 is all that and a bag of chipsMelissa75 is all that and a bag of chipsMelissa75 is all that and a bag of chipsMelissa75 is all that and a bag of chipsMelissa75 is all that and a bag of chipsMelissa75 is all that and a bag of chipsMelissa75 is all that and a bag of chipsMelissa75 is all that and a bag of chipsMelissa75 is all that and a bag of chipsMelissa75 is all that and a bag of chipsMelissa75 is all that and a bag of chips

Risby is about 55 lb and she eats 2 cups twice a day and she's just right as far as weight
Melissa75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:06 PM   #9
SillyJester
You can't touch this!

SillyJester has disabled reputation

Mac is 72lbs and he eats 1.25 cups twice a day of Purina One (what it says). If he's more active that day we'll give him a little more. But he's been laying around the house all winter so he doesn't get more.

Last edited by SillyJester; 04-10-2011 at 09:10 PM.
SillyJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:08 PM   #10
lisamarie
I'm just cheesin'!
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
lisamarie is all that and a bag of chipslisamarie is all that and a bag of chipslisamarie is all that and a bag of chipslisamarie is all that and a bag of chipslisamarie is all that and a bag of chipslisamarie is all that and a bag of chipslisamarie is all that and a bag of chipslisamarie is all that and a bag of chipslisamarie is all that and a bag of chipslisamarie is all that and a bag of chipslisamarie is all that and a bag of chips

We give ours what it says on the bag for their size. If they don't get as much exercise or more exercise then I adjust as necessary. They're at perfect weights for their size.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
You are what you eat. That's strange, I haven't eaten any sexy mamas today.
lisamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:07 AM   #11
SarahMay
And life goes on.

My Mood:
SarahMay is all that and a bag of chipsSarahMay is all that and a bag of chipsSarahMay is all that and a bag of chipsSarahMay is all that and a bag of chipsSarahMay is all that and a bag of chipsSarahMay is all that and a bag of chipsSarahMay is all that and a bag of chipsSarahMay is all that and a bag of chipsSarahMay is all that and a bag of chipsSarahMay is all that and a bag of chipsSarahMay is all that and a bag of chips

Our 67 lb dog gets 2.5 cups a day when she is getting exercised regularly. If not, it is down 1.5-2 cups.

Military Spouse Support Network > Parenting > Our furry kids