Military Spouse Support Network

Go Back   Military Spouse Support Network > News, Politics, and Military Info > Military Info

Military Info New to military life? Need answers? This is the place for you!

Old 02-24-2011, 03:26 PM   #1
AbramsPatrol
Counting
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
AbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chips
Default TriCare and Surrogacy

I have a family friend doing a paper for one of her college classes involving military wives and surrogacy. She's more interested in the insurance aspect.

Can any of you lend some helpful information about TriCare and how they handle a surrogacy (is there a policy that denies it, do they cover everything, any special circumstances, etc.). We're going with how a TriCare Prime member is covered in this case. I don't really think she wants to get into how a Prime vs. a Standard vs. a Retiree is involved with benefits since she is not well versed with the military, period.

AbramsPatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:33 PM   #2
Ğanisty
Child-free by Choice
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
Ğanisty is all that and a bag of chipsĞanisty is all that and a bag of chipsĞanisty is all that and a bag of chipsĞanisty is all that and a bag of chipsĞanisty is all that and a bag of chipsĞanisty is all that and a bag of chipsĞanisty is all that and a bag of chipsĞanisty is all that and a bag of chipsĞanisty is all that and a bag of chipsĞanisty is all that and a bag of chipsĞanisty is all that and a bag of chips
Default Re: TriCare and Surrogacy

Wasn't there some kind of issue with this recently? I seem to remember something about Tricare having an issue because some military wives were using it to make money.
And the little glass vial goes into the gun like battery.
And the zydrate gun goes somewhere against your anatomy.
Ğanisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:35 PM   #3
AbramsPatrol
Counting
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
AbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chipsAbramsPatrol is all that and a bag of chips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ğanisty View Post
Wasn't there some kind of issue with this recently? I seem to remember something about Tricare having an issue because some military wives were using it to make money.
I believe that is where she got the idea to do more research on the topic. She had read an article about it in a magazine and was curious what sort of benefits we received in the first place and then, obviously, if they've changed or what they allow in a surrogacy.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:45 PM   #4
Ğanisty
Child-free by Choice
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
Ğanisty is all that and a bag of chipsĞanisty is all that and a bag of chipsĞanisty is all that and a bag of chipsĞanisty is all that and a bag of chipsĞanisty is all that and a bag of chipsĞanisty is all that and a bag of chipsĞanisty is all that and a bag of chipsĞanisty is all that and a bag of chipsĞanisty is all that and a bag of chipsĞanisty is all that and a bag of chipsĞanisty is all that and a bag of chips

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbramsPatrol View Post
I believe that is where she got the idea to do more research on the topic. She had read an article about it in a magazine and was curious what sort of benefits we received in the first place and then, obviously, if they've changed or what they allow in a surrogacy.
Here's the article in Glamour magazine that I read awhile back:

http://www.glamour.com/magazine/2010...s-in-the-world
And the little glass vial goes into the gun like battery.
And the zydrate gun goes somewhere against your anatomy.
Ğanisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:45 PM   #5
misseslloyd
Santa Baby
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
misseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chips

Phrogger or mrshuffy should be able to offer some good info

misseslloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:05 PM   #6
lovemybabes
I'm a posting machine!

My Mood:
lovemybabes is all that and a bag of chipslovemybabes is all that and a bag of chipslovemybabes is all that and a bag of chipslovemybabes is all that and a bag of chipslovemybabes is all that and a bag of chipslovemybabes is all that and a bag of chipslovemybabes is all that and a bag of chipslovemybabes is all that and a bag of chipslovemybabes is all that and a bag of chipslovemybabes is all that and a bag of chipslovemybabes is all that and a bag of chips

I would LOVE to be a surro mom for someone. I have such bad asthma though, my last pregnancy was so hard. I don't know any info on the topic, sorry!
lovemybabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:18 PM   #7
phrogger
You can't touch this!

phrogger is all that and a bag of chipsphrogger is all that and a bag of chipsphrogger is all that and a bag of chipsphrogger is all that and a bag of chipsphrogger is all that and a bag of chipsphrogger is all that and a bag of chipsphrogger is all that and a bag of chipsphrogger is all that and a bag of chipsphrogger is all that and a bag of chipsphrogger is all that and a bag of chipsphrogger is all that and a bag of chips

Tricare doesn't cover it at all anymore without there being a 3rd party payer. Meaning the parents have to pay for it anyway but sometimes at a lower rate if it is a MTF. Tricare has also gone back and denied many previous claims and the surrogates were sued by the hospitals for the entire delivery.

I never used tricare with any of my surrogacies, DH and I weren't married at the time, but in my own agency, I had the surrogates acquire a personal policy that was paid for by the parents to avoid using tricare.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:21 PM   #8
AbramsPatrol
Counting
You can't touch this!

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrogger View Post
Tricare doesn't cover it at all anymore without there being a 3rd party payer. Meaning the parents have to pay for it anyway but sometimes at a lower rate if it is a MTF. Tricare has also gone back and denied many previous claims and the surrogates were sued by the hospitals for the entire delivery.

I never used tricare with any of my surrogacies, DH and I weren't married at the time, but in my own agency, I had the surrogates acquire a personal policy that was paid for by the parents to avoid using tricare.
Interesting! I will pass this along to her, but do you mind if I come up with any more bizarre questions about what you may know concerning this?
Old 02-24-2011, 05:24 PM   #9
phrogger
You can't touch this!

phrogger is all that and a bag of chipsphrogger is all that and a bag of chipsphrogger is all that and a bag of chipsphrogger is all that and a bag of chipsphrogger is all that and a bag of chipsphrogger is all that and a bag of chipsphrogger is all that and a bag of chipsphrogger is all that and a bag of chipsphrogger is all that and a bag of chipsphrogger is all that and a bag of chipsphrogger is all that and a bag of chips

Sure ask away. I would be more then happy to answer what I know.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:26 PM   #10
Mrs Huffy
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Mrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chips

Dude, you can call me and I can answer anything that you want.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Just Tamara...
Mrs Huffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:36 PM   #11
AbramsPatrol
Counting
You can't touch this!

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Huffy View Post
Dude, you can call me and I can answer anything that you want.
You think that wasn't my plan?? I was waiting to see if she could get additional, more specific questions that I'd have for you. She just started researching so I think she isn't quite sure what she needs to be asking. Not especially easy to be dumped into a military realm!
Old 02-24-2011, 05:38 PM   #12
Mrs Huffy
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Mrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chips

Quote:
You think that wasn't my plan?? I was waiting to see if she could get additional, more specific questions that I'd have for you. She just started researching so I think she isn't quite sure what she needs to be asked. Not especially easy to be dumped into a military realm!
LOL...yeah yeah

FTR, I have not and will not use tricare for my surrogacies

Just Tamara...
Old 02-24-2011, 05:49 PM   #13
AbramsPatrol
Counting
You can't touch this!

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Huffy View Post
LOL...yeah yeah

FTR, I have not and will not use tricare for my surrogacies
This is what I get for trying not to waste your time! I almost called you about lunch, but Munchie has a cold so I took her to visit Carsyn...since she gifted it to her in the first place.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:58 PM   #14
Mrs Huffy
You can't touch this!

My Mood:

Quote:
This is what I get for trying not to waste your time! I almost called you about lunch, but Munchie has a cold so I took her to visit Carsyn...since she gifted it to her in the first place.
LOL, no, I appreciate it dude. I just wanted to make sure you knew that I could help too!

Just Tamara...

Military Spouse Support Network > News, Politics, and Military Info > Military Info