Military Spouse Support Network

Go Back   Military Spouse Support Network > Housing, moving, life in general > House and home

House and home Tips on decorating, cleaning, home repair, talk about military housing, etc.

Old 02-22-2011, 07:59 PM   #1
KristaCruise

My Mood:
KristaCruise is all that and a bag of chipsKristaCruise is all that and a bag of chipsKristaCruise is all that and a bag of chipsKristaCruise is all that and a bag of chipsKristaCruise is all that and a bag of chipsKristaCruise is all that and a bag of chipsKristaCruise is all that and a bag of chipsKristaCruise is all that and a bag of chipsKristaCruise is all that and a bag of chipsKristaCruise is all that and a bag of chipsKristaCruise is all that and a bag of chips
Default Overseas Clearance?

Hi all, I just completed my overseas clearance for Yokota AB. We are now waiting on the clearance to get approved. I am wondering what the chances are of me not getting approved? And what happens if I don't? Do they expect me to not see my husband for 3 years?!

The main reason I'm asking is because I have anxiety and it is on my medical records. It is just a mild case of anxiety and isn't that big of a deal. However, after going through my copy of the paperwork, I noticed the doctor put "moderate" next to it and said I was "currently stable on medication". She also said that I have "been to counseling" for this and don't anticipate having to go again. On another sheet, I see that it says I suffer from anxiety AND depression. I have NEVER been diagnosed with depression nor have I seen a counselor for my anxiety. I have been to counseling twice in my life. Once when I was a child (parent's divorce) and another time because I was overwhelmed with school, a breakup, job, etc. when I was 23. From what the doctor wrote, it's almost as if I sound like a basketcase!! Will this prevent me from being approved?

Also, I have elective dental work that I want to get done sometime (i.e. braces, gap closed, etc.), but since this isn't emergent it shouldn't be a problem, right?

If anyone has any experience or advice with this, I'd greatly appreciate it!!

THANK YOU!!

Last edited by KristaCruise; 02-22-2011 at 08:19 PM.
KristaCruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:15 PM   #2
navywife07
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
navywife07 is all that and a bag of chipsnavywife07 is all that and a bag of chipsnavywife07 is all that and a bag of chipsnavywife07 is all that and a bag of chipsnavywife07 is all that and a bag of chipsnavywife07 is all that and a bag of chipsnavywife07 is all that and a bag of chipsnavywife07 is all that and a bag of chipsnavywife07 is all that and a bag of chipsnavywife07 is all that and a bag of chipsnavywife07 is all that and a bag of chips
Default Re: Overseas Clearance?

I don't have any experience with the AF but none of those things sound like they should get your clearance denied.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:18 PM   #3
KristaCruise

My Mood:
KristaCruise is all that and a bag of chipsKristaCruise is all that and a bag of chipsKristaCruise is all that and a bag of chipsKristaCruise is all that and a bag of chipsKristaCruise is all that and a bag of chipsKristaCruise is all that and a bag of chipsKristaCruise is all that and a bag of chipsKristaCruise is all that and a bag of chipsKristaCruise is all that and a bag of chipsKristaCruise is all that and a bag of chipsKristaCruise is all that and a bag of chips

I hope not! I've heard Yokota has become very strict with approving spouses!

Old 02-23-2011, 12:27 AM   #4
MrsFlyboy
Waiting....
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
MrsFlyboy is all that and a bag of chipsMrsFlyboy is all that and a bag of chipsMrsFlyboy is all that and a bag of chipsMrsFlyboy is all that and a bag of chipsMrsFlyboy is all that and a bag of chipsMrsFlyboy is all that and a bag of chipsMrsFlyboy is all that and a bag of chipsMrsFlyboy is all that and a bag of chipsMrsFlyboy is all that and a bag of chipsMrsFlyboy is all that and a bag of chipsMrsFlyboy is all that and a bag of chips

It really depends on what Yokota is able to offer to you in the way of services. They will look at your medical history and determine whether they have the services you require (er, rather the service they believe you require) and whether they can accommodate you. Sometimes a base has the services but are already fully burdened. Most likely if you were to be denied medical clearance then the AF would give your husband orders somewhere else. However, they can send him unaccompanied for 2 years to Yokota. It's not likely though. When you met with the EFMP Coordinator, were you told you were enrolled in the EFMP? If you were enrolled, you'd know because they would have briefed your husband on what it means for him, in terms of assignments.

As for the dental stuff, elective procedures are not a consideration. If you look at the dental form, they just want to know whether you can go a year without seeing a dentist. They don't want to send you overseas with critical dental issues that need to be addressed in the near future because overseas dental clinics tend to be extremely overburdened. Here at Aviano, dependents are seen on a Space A basis only. If any of us have a dental emergency we'd have to see an off-base local Italian dentist.

Yokota has 10 days to provide a response back on whether they will accept you or not.

ETA: You may want to address the issue of the inaccurate forms because if you don't suffer from depression, you certainly do not want it noted on those forms!

COME AND GET FIT WITH ME!

I am an Independent Team Beachbody Coach because I've personally used and seen *great* results with Beachbody products.

"Judging a person does not define who they are, it defines who you are."~Unknown

MrsFlyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:48 AM   #5
KristaCruise

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsFlyboy View Post

Yokota has 10 days to provide a response back on whether they will accept you or not.

ETA: You may want to address the issue of the inaccurate forms because if you don't suffer from depression, you certainly do not want it noted on those forms!

Thank you! They told me we would hear back within 14 days. Our RNLT date is March 31, 2011 so I hope they get the ball rolling rather quickly.

I can't imagine they wouldn't be able to accommodate me. And you're right about the forms - I want to get that fixed no matter what happens!

Military Spouse Support Network > Housing, moving, life in general > House and home