Military Spouse Support Network

Go Back   Military Spouse Support Network > Anything and everything > All Things Entertaining > Book Nook

Book Nook Read along with your fellow bookworms and discuss!

Old 06-07-2010, 06:25 PM   #1
eRene14
*Erica*
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
eRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chips
Default Codependent No More

This is what I'm starting tonight.... my counselor suggested it. I realized how codependent I am after getting a little article on it from Military One Source.

Anyone else read it??

eRene14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:35 PM   #2
misseslloyd
Santa Baby
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
misseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chipsmisseslloyd is all that and a bag of chips
Default Re: Codependent No More

i havent but im curious what article you read?

misseslloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:46 PM   #3
Mrs.Pacmann
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Mrs.Pacmann is all that and a bag of chipsMrs.Pacmann is all that and a bag of chipsMrs.Pacmann is all that and a bag of chipsMrs.Pacmann is all that and a bag of chipsMrs.Pacmann is all that and a bag of chipsMrs.Pacmann is all that and a bag of chipsMrs.Pacmann is all that and a bag of chipsMrs.Pacmann is all that and a bag of chipsMrs.Pacmann is all that and a bag of chipsMrs.Pacmann is all that and a bag of chipsMrs.Pacmann is all that and a bag of chips

My counselor said Im codependant or did when i was going I never looked much into it though

http://samariums-swatches.blogspot.com/
(my nail polish blog!)

Mrs.Pacmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:35 AM   #4
eRene14
*Erica*
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
eRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chips

Sarah, I don't even know ya that well and I can see some of that in you (don't mean that in a bad way at all)

And it was a paper Military One Source sent me with a packet of stuff after I called them to set up counseling. I believe you can read it online....

http://www.militaryonesource.com/MOS...terialID=13439

Old 06-08-2010, 05:28 AM   #5
Poochie
♥♥
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Poochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chips

That is an interesting read. I see a bit of myself in there. Not to an extreme. I am actually dealing with something like this today. For instance, 3rd time in 6 days I have to cancel my plans and what I want to do because DH needs our only one car. Basically I've had to re-arrange my life because he changes his mind at the last minute when he is going in to work (not like he picks his schedule, but he can choose what days he does his PT and Test studies).

These past few months, I've had to put everything I want on the back burner. Now, most of it is due to military issues, things we can't control. I feel that military wives often end up in this situation - esp if you are far from families, have one car, and if your DH is like mine, his schedule can be unpredictable. When you are home caring for children, it may be easier to have one car, and you end up being the one that makes sacrifices. I think SAHMs make a lot of sacrifices. I see it a lot. The moms give up a lot for their families. I don't have kids; I think it would be so hard to be in a SAHM position though; but in the military I think it can be harder since schedules aren't always Mon-Fri 9-4.

So I guess my point being I could see how easy it would be to fall in this trap. I feel like I take care of DH a lot, he is gone so much and his job is so hard on him I end up taking care of almost everything on the homefront. Our money, our pets, our cars, the house.

Sorry to ramble, but today is one of those days I'm really feeling this. I guess I needed to get some things off my chest. Thanks for sharing the article, I enjoyed reading it and it's pushed me to make a change.

Poochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:06 PM   #6
eRene14
*Erica*
You can't touch this!

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
That is an interesting read. I see a bit of myself in there. Not to an extreme. I am actually dealing with something like this today. For instance, 3rd time in 6 days I have to cancel my plans and what I want to do because DH needs our only one car. Basically I've had to re-arrange my life because he changes his mind at the last minute when he is going in to work (not like he picks his schedule, but he can choose what days he does his PT and Test studies).

These past few months, I've had to put everything I want on the back burner. Now, most of it is due to military issues, things we can't control. I feel that military wives often end up in this situation - esp if you are far from families, have one car, and if your DH is like mine, his schedule can be unpredictable. When you are home caring for children, it may be easier to have one car, and you end up being the one that makes sacrifices. I think SAHMs make a lot of sacrifices. I see it a lot. The moms give up a lot for their families. I don't have kids; I think it would be so hard to be in a SAHM position though; but in the military I think it can be harder since schedules aren't always Mon-Fri 9-4.

So I guess my point being I could see how easy it would be to fall in this trap. I feel like I take care of DH a lot, he is gone so much and his job is so hard on him I end up taking care of almost everything on the homefront. Our money, our pets, our cars, the house.

Sorry to ramble, but today is one of those days I'm really feeling this. I guess I needed to get some things off my chest. Thanks for sharing the article, I enjoyed reading it and it's pushed me to make a change.
I totally understand. There are many different defenitions and scenarios of codependency according to this book. I know I am most dependent on other people for my happiness instead of making myself happy.

Old 06-08-2010, 04:55 PM   #7
marybeth
iraq.

marybeth is all that and a bag of chipsmarybeth is all that and a bag of chipsmarybeth is all that and a bag of chipsmarybeth is all that and a bag of chipsmarybeth is all that and a bag of chipsmarybeth is all that and a bag of chipsmarybeth is all that and a bag of chipsmarybeth is all that and a bag of chipsmarybeth is all that and a bag of chipsmarybeth is all that and a bag of chipsmarybeth is all that and a bag of chips

my sister has read it because she needed to. i believe it helped her alot. she also journaled while reading through it.
marybeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:20 PM   #8
MrsJenS05
Our little family
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
MrsJenS05 is all that and a bag of chipsMrsJenS05 is all that and a bag of chipsMrsJenS05 is all that and a bag of chipsMrsJenS05 is all that and a bag of chipsMrsJenS05 is all that and a bag of chipsMrsJenS05 is all that and a bag of chipsMrsJenS05 is all that and a bag of chipsMrsJenS05 is all that and a bag of chipsMrsJenS05 is all that and a bag of chipsMrsJenS05 is all that and a bag of chipsMrsJenS05 is all that and a bag of chips

I've read it when I was 21 and struggled with serious co-dependancy issues with my ex. Its a good book.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:33 AM   #9
eRene14
*Erica*
You can't touch this!

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marybeth View Post
my sister has read it because she needed to. i believe it helped her alot. she also journaled while reading through it.
Thats exactly what I'm going to do. I saw in the first chapter it suggests going so and writing down my answers to the questions she asks.

Military Spouse Support Network > Anything and everything > All Things Entertaining > Book Nook