Military Spouse Support Network

Go Back   Military Spouse Support Network > News, Politics, and Military Info > Military Info > PCS'ing, installations, locations

PCS'ing, installations, locations Stop in here to ask about your new station or for tips in moving. Check out the social groups for people local to you!

Old 02-26-2010, 12:56 PM   #1
MGMama
Annyeong Haseyo Ya'll!
I'm a posting machine!

My Mood:
MGMama is all that and a bag of chipsMGMama is all that and a bag of chipsMGMama is all that and a bag of chipsMGMama is all that and a bag of chipsMGMama is all that and a bag of chipsMGMama is all that and a bag of chipsMGMama is all that and a bag of chipsMGMama is all that and a bag of chipsMGMama is all that and a bag of chipsMGMama is all that and a bag of chipsMGMama is all that and a bag of chips
Unhappy WE GOT ORDERS.......OSAN

Can't believe it. CANNOT believe it!!

DH got an email today, saying he has orders to Osan, Korea....Report no later than.....10 AUG....a week BEFORE MY DUE DATE!!

Please, dear military wives.....please give me some hope. Please give me some advice. Please tell me that there is any way, some sort of chance that we can get his report date moved back a month or two!! His supervisor is out of the office until next week, and his shirt is deployed.

We would actually LOVE to get it changed to a 2 or 3 year tour and get it accompanied, our plan was that if he got unaccompanied orders we would just go Non-command sponsored and live off base. We just went through a 7 month deployment last year, and I really do NOT want to do a year apart when we could be together. Especially the first year of his child's life. UGH. His very first assignment was a remote to Korea 4 years ago, and I didn't go because I was in grad school. I visited him there, and wouldn't mind living there- it would be a great adventure.

My worries (I have a million)
-how likely is it to get a command sponsorship as an E-5?
-how does that even happen? Who does he ask? Forms to fill out?
-if we go NCS where would my child see the doctor if she is sick?
-He's working on finishing his degree through St. Leo University, can he still do that there?

I am about 10 seconds away from crying my eyes out.

Old 02-26-2010, 02:39 PM   #2
moni_gail
ELIGE MAGISTRUM
Site Admin

My Mood:
moni_gail is all that and a bag of chipsmoni_gail is all that and a bag of chipsmoni_gail is all that and a bag of chipsmoni_gail is all that and a bag of chipsmoni_gail is all that and a bag of chipsmoni_gail is all that and a bag of chipsmoni_gail is all that and a bag of chipsmoni_gail is all that and a bag of chipsmoni_gail is all that and a bag of chipsmoni_gail is all that and a bag of chipsmoni_gail is all that and a bag of chips
Default Re: WE GOT ORDERS.......OSAN

I have no answers, but wanted to give you a hug.

We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are.
moni_gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:44 PM   #3
Nicole-anw
My Reason To Breathe [♥]
Getting warmer

My Mood:
Nicole-anw is all that and a bag of chipsNicole-anw is all that and a bag of chipsNicole-anw is all that and a bag of chipsNicole-anw is all that and a bag of chipsNicole-anw is all that and a bag of chipsNicole-anw is all that and a bag of chipsNicole-anw is all that and a bag of chipsNicole-anw is all that and a bag of chipsNicole-anw is all that and a bag of chipsNicole-anw is all that and a bag of chipsNicole-anw is all that and a bag of chips

i have no answers either maybe he can talk to his commander?? do it a little before or a little after? im sorry. stay strong something will work out =]
Nicole-anw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:47 PM   #4
pilesoflaundry
You can't touch this!

pilesoflaundry is all that and a bag of chipspilesoflaundry is all that and a bag of chipspilesoflaundry is all that and a bag of chipspilesoflaundry is all that and a bag of chipspilesoflaundry is all that and a bag of chipspilesoflaundry is all that and a bag of chipspilesoflaundry is all that and a bag of chipspilesoflaundry is all that and a bag of chipspilesoflaundry is all that and a bag of chipspilesoflaundry is all that and a bag of chipspilesoflaundry is all that and a bag of chips

Oh man. I'm sending good thoughts it all works out with CS.

One of the secrets of life is that all that is really worth the doing is what we do for others.- Lewis Carroll
pilesoflaundry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:53 PM   #5
Gem
GO PACK GO!
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Gem is all that and a bag of chipsGem is all that and a bag of chipsGem is all that and a bag of chipsGem is all that and a bag of chipsGem is all that and a bag of chipsGem is all that and a bag of chipsGem is all that and a bag of chipsGem is all that and a bag of chipsGem is all that and a bag of chipsGem is all that and a bag of chipsGem is all that and a bag of chips

I have no advice I hope you can find your answers
Gem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:54 PM   #6
IluvMySailor716
<3 Me and my loves <3
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
IluvMySailor716 is all that and a bag of chipsIluvMySailor716 is all that and a bag of chipsIluvMySailor716 is all that and a bag of chipsIluvMySailor716 is all that and a bag of chipsIluvMySailor716 is all that and a bag of chipsIluvMySailor716 is all that and a bag of chipsIluvMySailor716 is all that and a bag of chipsIluvMySailor716 is all that and a bag of chipsIluvMySailor716 is all that and a bag of chipsIluvMySailor716 is all that and a bag of chipsIluvMySailor716 is all that and a bag of chips

i know that they will either push it up or possibly delay it (depending on the command) because of your due date.... we got command sponsorship to japan when my hubs was an e4 (i believe that is the lowest rank that normally gets command sponsorship overseas) and it was me, makenna and michi. michi was just shy of three months when we moved over there. i am not sure who he would speak to about all of your questions about his schooling, the medical, etc... but i would definitely have him talk to someone at his current command and they should be able to point him in the right direction... i will also ask jonathan if he happens to know... it was a bit different for him because his whole ship went over. try and stay calm, it will all work out

IluvMySailor716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:07 PM   #7
bigal
♥ The love of my life ♥
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
bigal is all that and a bag of chipsbigal is all that and a bag of chipsbigal is all that and a bag of chipsbigal is all that and a bag of chipsbigal is all that and a bag of chipsbigal is all that and a bag of chipsbigal is all that and a bag of chipsbigal is all that and a bag of chipsbigal is all that and a bag of chipsbigal is all that and a bag of chipsbigal is all that and a bag of chips

He's A SSGT - so if he got a long tour to Korea he can have dependents with him. As far as I'm understanding he got the short tour with follow on. There is a option they ask them to sign upon arrival if they wan to extend for another year, but still unaccompanied for some extra cash. I'm not quite sure if he can change his orders to long tour - it doesn't sound realistic.
But what he can request is the have his report date postponed till the baby is born and then you can fly on your own and be with him for a year and live off base. You don't want to be stuck longer than that there, because you like it now, but would you like it for 4 years??? Just make sure he has a good follow on you can both focus on while there!
Many people dream about Osan and Kadena as a way to get out of their current base and have better chance after the tour, so congratulations and I hope all will work out for your family
Old 02-26-2010, 04:10 PM   #8
bigal
♥ The love of my life ♥
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
bigal is all that and a bag of chipsbigal is all that and a bag of chipsbigal is all that and a bag of chipsbigal is all that and a bag of chipsbigal is all that and a bag of chipsbigal is all that and a bag of chipsbigal is all that and a bag of chipsbigal is all that and a bag of chipsbigal is all that and a bag of chipsbigal is all that and a bag of chipsbigal is all that and a bag of chips

Oh, I forgot if he is doing online degree he can continue that in Korea - I know many guys who have done it.
Old 02-26-2010, 04:14 PM   #9
MrsFlyboy
Waiting....
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
MrsFlyboy is all that and a bag of chipsMrsFlyboy is all that and a bag of chipsMrsFlyboy is all that and a bag of chipsMrsFlyboy is all that and a bag of chipsMrsFlyboy is all that and a bag of chipsMrsFlyboy is all that and a bag of chipsMrsFlyboy is all that and a bag of chipsMrsFlyboy is all that and a bag of chipsMrsFlyboy is all that and a bag of chipsMrsFlyboy is all that and a bag of chipsMrsFlyboy is all that and a bag of chips

My husband is just finishing up his unaccompanied tour at Osan. They are really trying to normalize tours in Korea so it surprises me that they cut your dh unaccompanied orders. I do not know how you go about requesting accompanied orders but I will ask my husband if he knows when I talk to him later on, okay?

My husband's squadron commander did not allow any of them to live off-base so before you go over non-command sponsored, be sure that's not the case with your husband's squadron. I think my husband's was the only one though.

COME AND GET FIT WITH ME!

I am an Independent Team Beachbody Coach because I've personally used and seen *great* results with Beachbody products.

"Judging a person does not define who they are, it defines who you are."~Unknown

MrsFlyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:19 PM   #10
ManytheMiles
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
ManytheMiles is all that and a bag of chipsManytheMiles is all that and a bag of chipsManytheMiles is all that and a bag of chipsManytheMiles is all that and a bag of chipsManytheMiles is all that and a bag of chipsManytheMiles is all that and a bag of chipsManytheMiles is all that and a bag of chipsManytheMiles is all that and a bag of chipsManytheMiles is all that and a bag of chipsManytheMiles is all that and a bag of chipsManytheMiles is all that and a bag of chips

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful but I can give you a

ManytheMiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:53 PM   #11
MrsFlyboy
Waiting....
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
MrsFlyboy is all that and a bag of chipsMrsFlyboy is all that and a bag of chipsMrsFlyboy is all that and a bag of chipsMrsFlyboy is all that and a bag of chipsMrsFlyboy is all that and a bag of chipsMrsFlyboy is all that and a bag of chipsMrsFlyboy is all that and a bag of chipsMrsFlyboy is all that and a bag of chipsMrsFlyboy is all that and a bag of chipsMrsFlyboy is all that and a bag of chipsMrsFlyboy is all that and a bag of chips

Here's some info on command sponsorship at Osan, including a number at AFPC that your husband can call:

http://www.osan.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123166549

http://www.osan.af.mil/newcomers/index.asp
Quote:
Want a Command Sponsored billet?
Have you been selected for an unaccompanied assignment to Osan, but want to bring your family? There is currently a waiting list for personnel requesting a Command Sponsored billet. Please email 51fss.fsmpmforvemana@osan.af.mil to find out how to get added to the waiting list. Concurrent travel is not automatic at Osan!

A concurrent travel waiver is required for dependents to PCS at the same time as their sponsor.

See the link below to view the current CSP waiting list.

Current CSP Waiting List (As of Feb. 19, 2010)

Non-command sponsored dependents
http://www.osan.af.mil/library/facts...et.asp?id=6995

I am an Independent Team Beachbody Coach because I've personally used and seen *great* results with Beachbody products.

"Judging a person does not define who they are, it defines who you are."~Unknown

Old 02-26-2010, 04:57 PM   #12
Kacy
Army Wife
I'm a posting machine!

My Mood:
Kacy is all that and a bag of chipsKacy is all that and a bag of chipsKacy is all that and a bag of chipsKacy is all that and a bag of chipsKacy is all that and a bag of chipsKacy is all that and a bag of chipsKacy is all that and a bag of chipsKacy is all that and a bag of chipsKacy is all that and a bag of chipsKacy is all that and a bag of chipsKacy is all that and a bag of chips

I'm sorry I hope you can get it worked out the way you want it.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:46 PM   #13
CavWife08
Wow, look at me go!

CavWife08 has disabled reputation

Oh honey I am SO SORRY!!! DH got PCS orders and had him reporting to Hawaii (accompanied tho) on May 1 and I was due May 21 with our first child. We were able to get his orders ammended so that he didn't have to report until June 21. Go right now to his higher ups and request an ammendment. I really hope they'll work with you guys on this. Especially since it's THAT clsoe to the due date!
CavWife08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:34 PM   #14
MackenziesMommy522
Mackenzie <3
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
MackenziesMommy522 is all that and a bag of chipsMackenziesMommy522 is all that and a bag of chipsMackenziesMommy522 is all that and a bag of chipsMackenziesMommy522 is all that and a bag of chipsMackenziesMommy522 is all that and a bag of chipsMackenziesMommy522 is all that and a bag of chipsMackenziesMommy522 is all that and a bag of chipsMackenziesMommy522 is all that and a bag of chipsMackenziesMommy522 is all that and a bag of chipsMackenziesMommy522 is all that and a bag of chipsMackenziesMommy522 is all that and a bag of chips

Wow. I would think for sure they could get the dates moved around since its so close to your due date. I wouldn't think that would be a problem. As for everything else I have no info or advise but I wish you all the luck. Im so sorry! I hope it can all get worked out..
MackenziesMommy522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:48 PM   #15
MrsFlyboy
Waiting....
You can't touch this!

My Mood:

My husband just told me that there's a form on vMPF that your husband can request a later RNLTD and when he gets his RIP, there should be a place on it to request accompanied orders. But he can also go see Outbound Assignments too.

Last edited by MrsFlyboy; 02-26-2010 at 08:52 PM.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:32 PM   #16
girlvet
something green
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
girlvet is all that and a bag of chipsgirlvet is all that and a bag of chipsgirlvet is all that and a bag of chipsgirlvet is all that and a bag of chipsgirlvet is all that and a bag of chipsgirlvet is all that and a bag of chipsgirlvet is all that and a bag of chipsgirlvet is all that and a bag of chipsgirlvet is all that and a bag of chipsgirlvet is all that and a bag of chipsgirlvet is all that and a bag of chips

Sorry Mary...I would be upset too. I have no good advise, but if I can do anything for you, let me know. Even if you just want to go have a cup of coffee or if you want some time to yourself, I can watch Maddox. Just let me know.

Jennifer
girlvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:39 PM   #17
*Sugar*
Getting warmer

My Mood:
*Sugar* is all that and a bag of chips*Sugar* is all that and a bag of chips*Sugar* is all that and a bag of chips*Sugar* is all that and a bag of chips*Sugar* is all that and a bag of chips*Sugar* is all that and a bag of chips*Sugar* is all that and a bag of chips*Sugar* is all that and a bag of chips*Sugar* is all that and a bag of chips*Sugar* is all that and a bag of chips*Sugar* is all that and a bag of chips

I know diddly about this but I wanted to give you some

Last edited by *Sugar*; 02-26-2010 at 09:44 PM.
*Sugar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 12:13 AM   #18
psycheab
Love my girls!
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
psycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chips

Someone correct me if I am wrong on this, but I don't even know that it would be possible for you to go over and try to live off-base if this is an unaccompanied assignment. A SOFA stamp in your passport is what would allow you to live in the country (SOFA - status of forces agreement) if you were on your husband's orders. But, without that SOFA stamp, I don't think you could be in the country for more than...um, 30 days? (Each country is different, and I'm in Japan, so it might be something else for Korea.) Yeah, see if you can't get on that waiting list that MrsFlyboy mentioned. And
psycheab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:11 AM   #19
RyansSemperAngel
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
RyansSemperAngel is all that and a bag of chipsRyansSemperAngel is all that and a bag of chipsRyansSemperAngel is all that and a bag of chipsRyansSemperAngel is all that and a bag of chipsRyansSemperAngel is all that and a bag of chipsRyansSemperAngel is all that and a bag of chipsRyansSemperAngel is all that and a bag of chipsRyansSemperAngel is all that and a bag of chipsRyansSemperAngel is all that and a bag of chipsRyansSemperAngel is all that and a bag of chipsRyansSemperAngel is all that and a bag of chips

RyansSemperAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 04:15 AM   #20
LolaMarigolda
just warming up

LolaMarigolda makes the heavens open and lights smile down on allLolaMarigolda makes the heavens open and lights smile down on allLolaMarigolda makes the heavens open and lights smile down on allLolaMarigolda makes the heavens open and lights smile down on allLolaMarigolda makes the heavens open and lights smile down on allLolaMarigolda makes the heavens open and lights smile down on allLolaMarigolda makes the heavens open and lights smile down on allLolaMarigolda makes the heavens open and lights smile down on allLolaMarigolda makes the heavens open and lights smile down on allLolaMarigolda makes the heavens open and lights smile down on allLolaMarigolda makes the heavens open and lights smile down on all

I replied to your PM.

psycheab, NCS families can easily get the appropriate visa and SOFA stamp in the ROK. They also get the same OHA and most of the same benefits as CS families. The big differences are: NCS are lowest priority for the DODEA schools and parents are encouraged to either plan ahead to home school or to pay out of pocket for tuition to one of the international schools. The other huge difference is that they are on Tricare Standard and are only seen in the base clinic as space is available (generally they call for appointments at 10AM and get cancellation spots). They do have full access to the ER and English speaking doctors can be found off base.

Also, the MM of the NCS family has to request permission to live off base (and it is looked at differently than an unaccompanied MM who just wants out of the dorms). The general consensus is that it is usually given as long as the person isn't a problem.
LolaMarigolda is offline   Reply With Quote

Military Spouse Support Network > News, Politics, and Military Info > Military Info > PCS'ing, installations, locations