Military Spouse Support Network

Go Back   Military Spouse Support Network > Housing, moving, life in general > House and home

House and home Tips on decorating, cleaning, home repair, talk about military housing, etc.

Old 02-17-2010, 01:55 PM   #1
Note
Duck goes MOO!
I'm a posting machine!

My Mood:
Note is all that and a bag of chipsNote is all that and a bag of chipsNote is all that and a bag of chipsNote is all that and a bag of chipsNote is all that and a bag of chipsNote is all that and a bag of chipsNote is all that and a bag of chipsNote is all that and a bag of chipsNote is all that and a bag of chipsNote is all that and a bag of chipsNote is all that and a bag of chips
Angry how to remove a ink stain

I just washed AND dried DH's ABU's... with an ink pen! I didnt realize this till after they was dry and there is spots everywhere. DH said he was just about to get new ABU's anyways so its no big deal... but is there any way to remove these stains? I figure they cant be saved since i dried them

Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:57 PM   #2
Diamondclover06
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
Diamondclover06 is all that and a bag of chipsDiamondclover06 is all that and a bag of chipsDiamondclover06 is all that and a bag of chipsDiamondclover06 is all that and a bag of chipsDiamondclover06 is all that and a bag of chipsDiamondclover06 is all that and a bag of chipsDiamondclover06 is all that and a bag of chipsDiamondclover06 is all that and a bag of chipsDiamondclover06 is all that and a bag of chipsDiamondclover06 is all that and a bag of chipsDiamondclover06 is all that and a bag of chips
Default Re: how to remove a ink stain

Oxyclean? That stuff has saved me in the past but I havent used it AFTER its been heat dried in.
Diamondclover06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:00 PM   #3
BAlGaInTl
Not An AF "Wife"

My Mood:
BAlGaInTl is all that and a bag of chipsBAlGaInTl is all that and a bag of chipsBAlGaInTl is all that and a bag of chipsBAlGaInTl is all that and a bag of chipsBAlGaInTl is all that and a bag of chipsBAlGaInTl is all that and a bag of chipsBAlGaInTl is all that and a bag of chipsBAlGaInTl is all that and a bag of chipsBAlGaInTl is all that and a bag of chipsBAlGaInTl is all that and a bag of chipsBAlGaInTl is all that and a bag of chips

*puts chemist hat on*

Always remember that like disolves like.

The best thing I have found for getting ink out of clothing is alcohol. Try spraying some pump type hairspray (yes hairspray, the cheaper the better) on it and working it with a soft toothbrush or other brush. Rinse frequently and repeat. The alcohol in the hairspray will actually dissolve the ink that isn't "set" in the fabric.

I have used this technique to get ink off of shirts and ties even after the stains had been dried.

Optimist : The glass is half full
Pessimist : The glass is half empty
Chemist : The glass is twice as big as it needs to be
BAlGaInTl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:30 PM   #4
maggie927
kids :)
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
maggie927 is all that and a bag of chipsmaggie927 is all that and a bag of chipsmaggie927 is all that and a bag of chipsmaggie927 is all that and a bag of chipsmaggie927 is all that and a bag of chipsmaggie927 is all that and a bag of chipsmaggie927 is all that and a bag of chipsmaggie927 is all that and a bag of chipsmaggie927 is all that and a bag of chipsmaggie927 is all that and a bag of chipsmaggie927 is all that and a bag of chips

i did the same to all but 1 of dh's acus... good luck.. we tried all the cleaners and none of them work.

MSSNers I've met: 11
maggie927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:46 PM   #5
Note
Duck goes MOO!
I'm a posting machine!

My Mood:
Note is all that and a bag of chipsNote is all that and a bag of chipsNote is all that and a bag of chipsNote is all that and a bag of chipsNote is all that and a bag of chipsNote is all that and a bag of chipsNote is all that and a bag of chipsNote is all that and a bag of chipsNote is all that and a bag of chipsNote is all that and a bag of chipsNote is all that and a bag of chips

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAlGaInTl View Post
*puts chemist hat on*

Always remember that like disolves like.

The best thing I have found for getting ink out of clothing is alcohol. Try spraying some pump type hairspray (yes hairspray, the cheaper the better) on it and working it with a soft toothbrush or other brush. Rinse frequently and repeat. The alcohol in the hairspray will actually dissolve the ink that isn't "set" in the fabric.

I have used this technique to get ink off of shirts and ties even after the stains had been dried.
Ill try that tomorrow. But DH is not mad. He said the pants were free and he was just about to buy a new jacket so im pretty happy they was not his new ones. So ill have to start checking all 100 pockets to make sure nothing is in em

Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:49 PM   #6
BAlGaInTl
Not An AF "Wife"

My Mood:
BAlGaInTl is all that and a bag of chipsBAlGaInTl is all that and a bag of chipsBAlGaInTl is all that and a bag of chipsBAlGaInTl is all that and a bag of chipsBAlGaInTl is all that and a bag of chipsBAlGaInTl is all that and a bag of chipsBAlGaInTl is all that and a bag of chipsBAlGaInTl is all that and a bag of chipsBAlGaInTl is all that and a bag of chipsBAlGaInTl is all that and a bag of chipsBAlGaInTl is all that and a bag of chips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Note View Post
Ill try that tomorrow. But DH is not mad. He said the pants were free and he was just about to buy a new jacket so im pretty happy they was not his new ones. So ill have to start checking all 100 pockets to make sure nothing is in em
As the person that does the laundry in our home...

I would not get stressed over the pockets. I've made it very clear to my wife that if something goes in the wash from her uniforms, it isn't my fault. I wash her uniforms separate from any other laundry. She does a pretty good job... Mostly I've washed the occasional USB drive... LOL

Optimist : The glass is half full
Pessimist : The glass is half empty
Chemist : The glass is twice as big as it needs to be
BAlGaInTl is offline   Reply With Quote

Military Spouse Support Network > Housing, moving, life in general > House and home