Military Spouse Support Network

Go Back   Military Spouse Support Network > News, Politics, and Military Info > Military Info > PCS'ing, installations, locations

PCS'ing, installations, locations Stop in here to ask about your new station or for tips in moving. Check out the social groups for people local to you!

Old 12-03-2009, 09:31 PM   #1
psycheab
Love my girls!
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
psycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chips
Default Fort Leonard Wood

We aren't PCSing there, but staying with the in-laws for 2 weeks around the Christmas holidays and they live in the area (FIL is retired Army.) Anyway, for those of you stationed there, what activities are there to do on post? Lizzie is 2 and I'd love to find any playgrounds or find out if there are any indoor type playrooms. Does the gym have a pool? Is there a baby/wading pool? Anything in the area? We actually lived there very briefly right before we got married (2-3 months) but we didn't have any kiddos at the time so I didn't need fun-for-kids stuff to do then. TIA for any suggestions!!!
psycheab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:53 PM   #2
soulikifar
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
soulikifar is all that and a bag of chipssoulikifar is all that and a bag of chipssoulikifar is all that and a bag of chipssoulikifar is all that and a bag of chipssoulikifar is all that and a bag of chipssoulikifar is all that and a bag of chipssoulikifar is all that and a bag of chipssoulikifar is all that and a bag of chipssoulikifar is all that and a bag of chipssoulikifar is all that and a bag of chipssoulikifar is all that and a bag of chips
Default Re: Fort Leonard Wood

We just moved from there... There isn't a whole lot to do on post. Davis gym has a pool, but I don't know if it has a kids section. I saw kids going in and out, but they were mainly teens/preteens. You could check with child care to see if there are any activities... I know DH's old unit's FRG used to do stuff with the kids around the holidays... there is an outdoor playground by the community center on Ellis St... There's Coyler park... a bowling alley across from the Davis gym... I don't know if Specker gym has a pool or not. You could also check the PX and see if they have any kids activities for the holidays... we don't have any kids, but we had some friends with kids... As far as off post, I never saw anything but restuarants, strip clubs, bars and tatoo shops... sorry if it's not much help

Women are like bags of tea, you have no idea how strong they are until they are in hot water -Unknown

Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later. -Og Mandino

Love is simply the name for the desire and the pursuit of the whole. -Aristophanes
soulikifar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:53 AM   #3
dlearyous
livin, laughin, lovin
Getting warmer

dlearyous is all that and a bag of chipsdlearyous is all that and a bag of chipsdlearyous is all that and a bag of chipsdlearyous is all that and a bag of chipsdlearyous is all that and a bag of chipsdlearyous is all that and a bag of chipsdlearyous is all that and a bag of chipsdlearyous is all that and a bag of chipsdlearyous is all that and a bag of chipsdlearyous is all that and a bag of chipsdlearyous is all that and a bag of chips

The only indoor play area I know of around here is at the McDonalds in Waynesville. The indoor pool on post has been closed most of the time we've been here for renovations, so I don't know what it's like. Not even sure if it's opened back up yet. Sorry I don't have any better news for you. I'll post again if I think of anything.
Old 12-05-2009, 06:50 AM   #4
lovinmysoldier68
Welcome home!!
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
lovinmysoldier68 is all that and a bag of chipslovinmysoldier68 is all that and a bag of chipslovinmysoldier68 is all that and a bag of chipslovinmysoldier68 is all that and a bag of chipslovinmysoldier68 is all that and a bag of chipslovinmysoldier68 is all that and a bag of chipslovinmysoldier68 is all that and a bag of chipslovinmysoldier68 is all that and a bag of chipslovinmysoldier68 is all that and a bag of chipslovinmysoldier68 is all that and a bag of chipslovinmysoldier68 is all that and a bag of chips

Lived there for 2 years. I will tell you that there is absolutely nothing to do around there. They do have parks on post, but it is probably too cold to go to the park right now.
I also used to take the kids to McDonalds in Waynesville to play just to get them out of the house. Springfield has things to do if you want to drive over an hour to get there.

http://www.goodreads.com/mrsmoser68
http://pinterest.com/christinamoser/
lovinmysoldier68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 02:50 PM   #5
dlearyous
livin, laughin, lovin
Getting warmer

dlearyous is all that and a bag of chipsdlearyous is all that and a bag of chipsdlearyous is all that and a bag of chipsdlearyous is all that and a bag of chipsdlearyous is all that and a bag of chipsdlearyous is all that and a bag of chipsdlearyous is all that and a bag of chipsdlearyous is all that and a bag of chipsdlearyous is all that and a bag of chipsdlearyous is all that and a bag of chipsdlearyous is all that and a bag of chips

After some more brain storming at a more decent hour I remembered these places in Rolla. Haven't been to any of them though.

indoor pool
http://www.rollacity.org/centre/aqua-sched.shtm#times

and a small indoor play center
http://www.rollaskatezone.com/

Military Spouse Support Network > News, Politics, and Military Info > Military Info > PCS'ing, installations, locations