Military Spouse Support Network

Go Back   Military Spouse Support Network > News, Politics, and Military Info > Military Info

Military Info New to military life? Need answers? This is the place for you!

Old 05-31-2009, 02:50 PM   #1
eRene14
*Erica*
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
eRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chips
Question CPR Training

Okay so I have to get CPR and First Aid certified before August for the credential I'm getting for childcare. I REALLY dont want to take an 8 hour class at the Red Cross here. Are there any places that do it cheaper for military spouses? Anyone know of a legit way to do it online or anything? I've taken the class before and know how to do it all, but I quit the job I was at before getting a certificate and since they paid for it I just kinda screwed myself. I kinda looked on militaryonesource.com but didn't find much.

eRene14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 03:04 PM   #2
girlvet
something green
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
girlvet is all that and a bag of chipsgirlvet is all that and a bag of chipsgirlvet is all that and a bag of chipsgirlvet is all that and a bag of chipsgirlvet is all that and a bag of chipsgirlvet is all that and a bag of chipsgirlvet is all that and a bag of chipsgirlvet is all that and a bag of chipsgirlvet is all that and a bag of chipsgirlvet is all that and a bag of chipsgirlvet is all that and a bag of chips
Default Re: CPR Training

As far as I know, ARC's initial class is really your only option.

Jennifer
girlvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:44 PM   #3
PBandJ
Such is the life :)
Getting warmer

My Mood:
PBandJ is high speedPBandJ is high speedPBandJ is high speedPBandJ is high speedPBandJ is high speedPBandJ is high speedPBandJ is high speedPBandJ is high speedPBandJ is high speedPBandJ is high speedPBandJ is high speed

SOme base hospitals offer it but not sure what is close to you. Have you checked out the YMCA near you? I used to teach CPR there and it was cheaper.
PBandJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 05:32 PM   #4
opmacmel
Wow, look at me go!

opmacmel has disabled reputation

Call your local fire station and ask them. I know I took one at a fire station once and it definately wasn't 8 hours.
opmacmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 05:45 PM   #5
eRene14
*Erica*
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
eRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chipseRene14 is all that and a bag of chips

Awesome! Thanks I'll check those options. I haven't checked the YMCA. I just really don't wanna do an 8 hour class.

Old 05-31-2009, 05:48 PM   #6
psycheab
Love my girls!
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
psycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chips

I took a class with the local chapter of the American Heart Association (was offered through a local hospital) and we weren't there but maybe a couple of hours AND it was cheaper. I would start by calling the hospitals in your area and ask to speak to someone in group education and if they don't have that specific department, just tell them you are trying to find out if they offer CPR classes. Yeah, I tried finding online options and even though they somewhat exist, you still have to go and test with a certified instructor.
psycheab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 08:07 PM   #7
Jenn M.
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
Jenn M. is all that and a bag of chipsJenn M. is all that and a bag of chipsJenn M. is all that and a bag of chipsJenn M. is all that and a bag of chipsJenn M. is all that and a bag of chipsJenn M. is all that and a bag of chipsJenn M. is all that and a bag of chipsJenn M. is all that and a bag of chipsJenn M. is all that and a bag of chipsJenn M. is all that and a bag of chipsJenn M. is all that and a bag of chips

You can't take a refresher course so you don't have to sit through the 8 hour course?
Jenn M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 08:13 PM   #8
eRene14
*Erica*
You can't touch this!

My Mood:

Im not sure, since I dont have any proof I ever took one in the first place. Grrrr

Old 05-31-2009, 08:14 PM   #9
Jenn M.
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
Jenn M. is all that and a bag of chipsJenn M. is all that and a bag of chipsJenn M. is all that and a bag of chipsJenn M. is all that and a bag of chipsJenn M. is all that and a bag of chipsJenn M. is all that and a bag of chipsJenn M. is all that and a bag of chipsJenn M. is all that and a bag of chipsJenn M. is all that and a bag of chipsJenn M. is all that and a bag of chipsJenn M. is all that and a bag of chips

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrandmrs_king View Post
Im not sure, since I dont have any proof I ever took one in the first place. Grrrr
Oh that stinks! Alls I have to do is go in and show them I can give CPR and take the test and I get certified again but you have to have proof. I sat through the 8 hour class, twice before.
Jenn M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 08:16 PM   #10
eRene14
*Erica*
You can't touch this!

My Mood:

Yuuuuuck. I guess thats what Im gona have to do. Oh well. Thanks ladies <3

Old 05-31-2009, 11:06 PM   #11
soulikifar
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
soulikifar is all that and a bag of chipssoulikifar is all that and a bag of chipssoulikifar is all that and a bag of chipssoulikifar is all that and a bag of chipssoulikifar is all that and a bag of chipssoulikifar is all that and a bag of chipssoulikifar is all that and a bag of chipssoulikifar is all that and a bag of chipssoulikifar is all that and a bag of chipssoulikifar is all that and a bag of chipssoulikifar is all that and a bag of chips

Can you go to the place you were before and request something saying you took the class? Even if you didn't physically get your certification, they have to have something on file somewhere saying you took the class, right?

Women are like bags of tea, you have no idea how strong they are until they are in hot water -Unknown

Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later. -Og Mandino

Love is simply the name for the desire and the pursuit of the whole. -Aristophanes
soulikifar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:03 AM   #12
Manders
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Manders is all that and a bag of chipsManders is all that and a bag of chipsManders is all that and a bag of chipsManders is all that and a bag of chipsManders is all that and a bag of chipsManders is all that and a bag of chipsManders is all that and a bag of chipsManders is all that and a bag of chipsManders is all that and a bag of chipsManders is all that and a bag of chipsManders is all that and a bag of chips

How the rules go here at Spang AB for home daycare is that you have to sit through the CPR and First Aide training for two years and after that you can “challenge” the test meaning you can take the test without doing the full day class.

I have taken CPR before when I worked in the states but I HAD to take it with them here on base and a certified CDC trainer did the coarse.

Now since I done two classes here at Spang I was told when we PCS I can challenge the test there also since its on record I did the class twice.

Manders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 05:37 AM   #13
eRene14
*Erica*
You can't touch this!

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhardy View Post
Can you go to the place you were before and request something saying you took the class? Even if you didn't physically get your certification, they have to have something on file somewhere saying you took the class, right?
I didn't leave there on good terms and the people there are very snooty, so I doubt she would help me. She's the reason I left.

Old 06-01-2009, 05:42 AM   #14
Manders
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Manders is all that and a bag of chipsManders is all that and a bag of chipsManders is all that and a bag of chipsManders is all that and a bag of chipsManders is all that and a bag of chipsManders is all that and a bag of chipsManders is all that and a bag of chipsManders is all that and a bag of chipsManders is all that and a bag of chipsManders is all that and a bag of chipsManders is all that and a bag of chips

Stand Corrected.

I was told by a friend that the military or here at our base we will no longer be able to challenge test. You will take the coarse and you will be good for 3 years.

Manders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 06:54 AM   #15
GiggleKitten
Super Moderator
Super Mod

GiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chipsGiggleKitten is all that and a bag of chips

Can you call the American Red Cross locally down there and see if they have record of you taking the course? They have to have a national registry for tracking or something.

GiggleKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:08 AM   #16
cg~gunswife
retirement bound!!
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
cg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chips

you should beable to call the red cross you got your prior cert from- they have all the records- even tho they paid for it it is still YOUR certification-
I was able to get mine the same way a few yrs ago-

mine had expired but the red cross sent me a letter saying when I got it and when it expired so i could just take the refresher course.

cg~gunswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:00 PM   #17
eRene14
*Erica*
You can't touch this!

My Mood:

Ohhh good info. I dont know if the Red Cross did the training though. Would they still have something on file?

Old 06-01-2009, 01:08 PM   #18
Kitten
Not a 'Navy Wife'
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Kitten is all that and a bag of chipsKitten is all that and a bag of chipsKitten is all that and a bag of chipsKitten is all that and a bag of chipsKitten is all that and a bag of chipsKitten is all that and a bag of chipsKitten is all that and a bag of chipsKitten is all that and a bag of chipsKitten is all that and a bag of chipsKitten is all that and a bag of chipsKitten is all that and a bag of chips

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBandJ View Post
SOme base hospitals offer it but not sure what is close to you. Have you checked out the YMCA near you? I used to teach CPR there and it was cheaper.
Yep yep...your YMCA is a good source!

I can calculate the movement of heavenly bodies but not the madness of people. ~ Newton
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:39 PM   #19
Colleenr09059
Proud mom of 3 boys!
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Colleenr09059 is all that and a bag of chipsColleenr09059 is all that and a bag of chipsColleenr09059 is all that and a bag of chipsColleenr09059 is all that and a bag of chipsColleenr09059 is all that and a bag of chipsColleenr09059 is all that and a bag of chipsColleenr09059 is all that and a bag of chipsColleenr09059 is all that and a bag of chipsColleenr09059 is all that and a bag of chipsColleenr09059 is all that and a bag of chipsColleenr09059 is all that and a bag of chips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manders View Post
Stand Corrected.

I was told by a friend that the military or here at our base we will no longer be able to challenge test. You will take the coarse and you will be good for 3 years.
Here you have to take cpr every year and the first aide is good for 3 years.
Colleenr09059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:57 PM   #20
cg~gunswife
retirement bound!!
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
cg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chips

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrandmrs_king View Post
Ohhh good info. I dont know if the Red Cross did the training though. Would they still have something on file?
which ever company you went thru- was it American heart assoc? they should have records of every one who takes it too

cg~gunswife is offline   Reply With Quote

Military Spouse Support Network > News, Politics, and Military Info > Military Info