Military Spouse Support Network

Go Back   Military Spouse Support Network > News, Politics, and Military Info > Military Info

Military Info New to military life? Need answers? This is the place for you!

Old 04-22-2009, 10:05 AM   #1
*Shana*
My little munchkin!!! <3
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
*Shana* is all that and a bag of chips*Shana* is all that and a bag of chips*Shana* is all that and a bag of chips*Shana* is all that and a bag of chips*Shana* is all that and a bag of chips*Shana* is all that and a bag of chips*Shana* is all that and a bag of chips*Shana* is all that and a bag of chips*Shana* is all that and a bag of chips*Shana* is all that and a bag of chips*Shana* is all that and a bag of chips
Question DEERS Enrollment & ID Card question

I have a question girls....

When me and DH go to enroll me in DEERS and get my ID card...can we go to ANY base?????

Like we live close to Langley AFB....could we go there or no???? DH is Navy and that is Air Force...

so just curious...

Thanks girls!
*Shana* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:11 AM   #2
Booger
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Booger is all that and a bag of chipsBooger is all that and a bag of chipsBooger is all that and a bag of chipsBooger is all that and a bag of chipsBooger is all that and a bag of chipsBooger is all that and a bag of chipsBooger is all that and a bag of chipsBooger is all that and a bag of chipsBooger is all that and a bag of chipsBooger is all that and a bag of chipsBooger is all that and a bag of chips
Default Re: DEERS Enrollment & ID Card question

I went to a National Guard armory to get mine! and my hubby is Navy! pretty sure you can go anywhere...I had my handy dandy Navy dad go with me cause I was scared...
Wilhelmina Evelyn 06/22/13

Please like and share my page! Crochet To The Rescue!
Booger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:16 AM   #3
Armywife2728
MM, can't wait to go home
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
Armywife2728 is all that and a bag of chipsArmywife2728 is all that and a bag of chipsArmywife2728 is all that and a bag of chipsArmywife2728 is all that and a bag of chipsArmywife2728 is all that and a bag of chipsArmywife2728 is all that and a bag of chipsArmywife2728 is all that and a bag of chipsArmywife2728 is all that and a bag of chipsArmywife2728 is all that and a bag of chipsArmywife2728 is all that and a bag of chipsArmywife2728 is all that and a bag of chips

I would think so, I mean, isn't DEERS the same for each military group, thing, lol. It's all department of defense right? I don't see what the issue would be.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:19 AM   #4
*Shana*
My little munchkin!!! <3
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
*Shana* is all that and a bag of chips*Shana* is all that and a bag of chips*Shana* is all that and a bag of chips*Shana* is all that and a bag of chips*Shana* is all that and a bag of chips*Shana* is all that and a bag of chips*Shana* is all that and a bag of chips*Shana* is all that and a bag of chips*Shana* is all that and a bag of chips*Shana* is all that and a bag of chips*Shana* is all that and a bag of chips

can DH enroll me without me being there....because I know i need my birth certificate, ss card & license...and then once i'm there go get my ID or does it not work that way? LOL

i'm so beyond confused and lost lol
Old 04-22-2009, 10:19 AM   #5
Rockin_Jen
Displaced KY girl!
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Rockin_Jen is all that and a bag of chipsRockin_Jen is all that and a bag of chipsRockin_Jen is all that and a bag of chipsRockin_Jen is all that and a bag of chipsRockin_Jen is all that and a bag of chipsRockin_Jen is all that and a bag of chipsRockin_Jen is all that and a bag of chipsRockin_Jen is all that and a bag of chipsRockin_Jen is all that and a bag of chipsRockin_Jen is all that and a bag of chipsRockin_Jen is all that and a bag of chips

It's a DoD thing, not branch specific. You just need to go to A military instillation, not necessarily one specifically affiliated with whichever branch your spouse is in.

Rockin_Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:21 AM   #6
*Shana*
My little munchkin!!! <3
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:

ladies!
Old 04-22-2009, 10:22 AM   #7
Rockin_Jen
Displaced KY girl!
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Rockin_Jen is all that and a bag of chipsRockin_Jen is all that and a bag of chipsRockin_Jen is all that and a bag of chipsRockin_Jen is all that and a bag of chipsRockin_Jen is all that and a bag of chipsRockin_Jen is all that and a bag of chipsRockin_Jen is all that and a bag of chipsRockin_Jen is all that and a bag of chipsRockin_Jen is all that and a bag of chipsRockin_Jen is all that and a bag of chipsRockin_Jen is all that and a bag of chips

HE can enroll you in DEERS without you being there. You have to be enrolled in DEERS to get benefits through TriCare. YOU have to be there to get your own ID--and unless you have a specific POA that allows you to get an ID without him (I think they actually have to say that now at most instillations) he'll ALSO have to be there when you get your ID anyway.

Old 04-22-2009, 10:23 AM   #8
*Shana*
My little munchkin!!! <3
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin_Jen View Post
HE can enroll you in DEERS without you being there. You have to be enrolled in DEERS to get benefits through TriCare. YOU have to be there to get your own ID--and unless you have a specific POA that allows you to get an ID without him (I think they actually have to say that now at most instillations) he'll have to be there when you get your ID anyway.
so he would need my birth cert, ss card, license and certified copy of our marriage license to get me enrolled correct?????

sorry...i'm full of questions...LOL
Old 04-22-2009, 10:27 AM   #9
momto4girls
Getting warmer

My Mood:
momto4girls has disabled reputation

He can enroll you into DEERS but you and him need to go get your ID card unless you have a special POA with you. And yes he needs to take all of your stuff with him to enroll you into DEERS. And you can goto any military in the base with your ID card, it may look branch specific but it gets you onto any base!
momto4girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:32 AM   #10
Rockin_Jen
Displaced KY girl!
You can't touch this!

My Mood:

Alex only needed our official marriage license, my SS card, and a copy of my driver's license to enroll me in DEERS after we got married. Sometimes you need the birth certificate, sometimes you don't. I would suggest that your DH take everything (birth certificate, marriage license, your SS card, and a copy of your ID) just in case. Or you could call the nearest DEERS office, where he'll be registering you and ask what documentation they require.

Last edited by Rockin_Jen; 04-22-2009 at 10:35 AM.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:34 AM   #11
*Shana*
My little munchkin!!! <3
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:

Quote:
Alex only needed our official marriage certificate. He didn't need my birth certificate, a picture ID or my SS card to enroll me in DEERS after we got married. THIS is where I would suggest you call the nearest DEERS office, where he'll be registering you and ask what documentation they require.
YES!!!!!!!!! i am going to do that!!!!!!!!!!

this is frustrating
Old 04-22-2009, 10:37 AM   #12
Rockin_Jen
Displaced KY girl!
You can't touch this!

My Mood:

The UPS man came while I was writing that. It was all wrong so I had to edit my post. He DID need those things, all but my birth certificate.

Old 04-22-2009, 10:38 AM   #13
*Shana*
My little munchkin!!! <3
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:

Quote:
The UPS man came while I was writing that. It was all wrong so I had to edit my post. He DID need those things, all but my birth certificate.

Ok...thank you!!!!!!!!!! hehehe
Old 04-22-2009, 10:39 AM   #14
Rockin_Jen
Displaced KY girl!
You can't touch this!

My Mood:

The number to the DEERS at Langley is (757) 764-2270

Old 04-22-2009, 10:42 AM   #15
Armywife2728
MM, can't wait to go home
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
Armywife2728 is all that and a bag of chipsArmywife2728 is all that and a bag of chipsArmywife2728 is all that and a bag of chipsArmywife2728 is all that and a bag of chipsArmywife2728 is all that and a bag of chipsArmywife2728 is all that and a bag of chipsArmywife2728 is all that and a bag of chipsArmywife2728 is all that and a bag of chipsArmywife2728 is all that and a bag of chipsArmywife2728 is all that and a bag of chipsArmywife2728 is all that and a bag of chips

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Shana* View Post
can DH enroll me without me being there....because I know i need my birth certificate, ss card & license...and then once i'm there go get my ID or does it not work that way? LOL

i'm so beyond confused and lost lol
Yes he can. That is what Josh did for Anthony and I after we got married and he had to leave right away. I just sent him home with all the necessary paperwork to enroll us and when I got to Texas I went and got my ID card
Old 04-22-2009, 10:45 AM   #16
*Shana*
My little munchkin!!! <3
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:

this is liek the biggest pain the @$$ i've ever had to deal with!!!! LOL

DH is a and doesnt know a damn thing but thats why i'm sooo thankful for you girls...because without you i'd DEF me a lost girl

Old 04-22-2009, 10:46 AM   #17
*Shana*
My little munchkin!!! <3
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:

Quote:
The number to the DEERS at Langley is (757) 764-2270
soooo very very much!!!!!!!

Military Spouse Support Network > News, Politics, and Military Info > Military Info