Military Spouse Support Network

Go Back   Military Spouse Support Network > Anything and everything > Computery gadgety stuff

Computery gadgety stuff Questions about technology, hardware, software, apps, phones? Put them here!

Old 06-22-2008, 12:27 AM   #1
geneva
Love
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
geneva is all that and a bag of chipsgeneva is all that and a bag of chipsgeneva is all that and a bag of chipsgeneva is all that and a bag of chipsgeneva is all that and a bag of chipsgeneva is all that and a bag of chipsgeneva is all that and a bag of chipsgeneva is all that and a bag of chipsgeneva is all that and a bag of chipsgeneva is all that and a bag of chipsgeneva is all that and a bag of chips
Default Why won't these Army sites load?

It's driving me crazy. Certain - not all - US Army websites will not load for me, at either my work or home. Basically I mean J's garrison's website, and his battalion's website too. I connected to his garrison website once, a few months ago, and since then it just times out and I get a "cannot connect to server" message. I've tried many times over the past month, and not once has it connected.

It drives me nuts because other Army sites will load for me e.g. Fort Lewis, Fort Hood, which I tried as a test. But the ones I actually want to look at - y'know, maybe for news on how the deployment is going, or a chaplain/FRG contact number...of course not.

Can anyone suggest why this might be the case? Could it be because I'm trying to connect from Australia, or is that a dumb thing to think?
Old 06-22-2008, 12:31 AM   #2
SwashKnickers
♥ Mahal Kita Lee ♥
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
SwashKnickers is all that and a bag of chipsSwashKnickers is all that and a bag of chipsSwashKnickers is all that and a bag of chipsSwashKnickers is all that and a bag of chipsSwashKnickers is all that and a bag of chipsSwashKnickers is all that and a bag of chipsSwashKnickers is all that and a bag of chipsSwashKnickers is all that and a bag of chipsSwashKnickers is all that and a bag of chipsSwashKnickers is all that and a bag of chipsSwashKnickers is all that and a bag of chips
Default Re: Why won't these Army sites load?

Strange, I wouldn't think that it is due to you being in a different country, I never had a problem with US military websites back in England. Want to PM the website so I can see if it works for me??

The story about my Godson, Little Miracle Baby: The Perfect Life of Kennedy Jack. Check it out!
SwashKnickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:45 AM   #3
Judith
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Judith is all that and a bag of chipsJudith is all that and a bag of chipsJudith is all that and a bag of chipsJudith is all that and a bag of chipsJudith is all that and a bag of chipsJudith is all that and a bag of chipsJudith is all that and a bag of chipsJudith is all that and a bag of chipsJudith is all that and a bag of chipsJudith is all that and a bag of chipsJudith is all that and a bag of chips

Any Luck?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Judith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:14 AM   #4
Jqlynn
Settling In
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Jqlynn is all that and a bag of chipsJqlynn is all that and a bag of chipsJqlynn is all that and a bag of chipsJqlynn is all that and a bag of chipsJqlynn is all that and a bag of chipsJqlynn is all that and a bag of chipsJqlynn is all that and a bag of chipsJqlynn is all that and a bag of chipsJqlynn is all that and a bag of chipsJqlynn is all that and a bag of chipsJqlynn is all that and a bag of chips

I know some of them have security certificates that you have to click yes to when they pop up. Do you have a pop up blocker on?? I know that I can't view like AKO without accepting the security certificate.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:31 AM   #5
SwashKnickers
♥ Mahal Kita Lee ♥
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
SwashKnickers is all that and a bag of chipsSwashKnickers is all that and a bag of chipsSwashKnickers is all that and a bag of chipsSwashKnickers is all that and a bag of chipsSwashKnickers is all that and a bag of chipsSwashKnickers is all that and a bag of chipsSwashKnickers is all that and a bag of chipsSwashKnickers is all that and a bag of chipsSwashKnickers is all that and a bag of chipsSwashKnickers is all that and a bag of chipsSwashKnickers is all that and a bag of chips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jqlynn View Post
I know some of them have security certificates that you have to click yes to when they pop up. Do you have a pop up blocker on?? I know that I can't view like AKO without accepting the security certificate.

There are not security certificates on the sites she is talking about

The story about my Godson, Little Miracle Baby: The Perfect Life of Kennedy Jack. Check it out!
SwashKnickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:22 PM   #6
Jqlynn
Settling In
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Jqlynn is all that and a bag of chipsJqlynn is all that and a bag of chipsJqlynn is all that and a bag of chipsJqlynn is all that and a bag of chipsJqlynn is all that and a bag of chipsJqlynn is all that and a bag of chipsJqlynn is all that and a bag of chipsJqlynn is all that and a bag of chipsJqlynn is all that and a bag of chipsJqlynn is all that and a bag of chipsJqlynn is all that and a bag of chips

Then I have no clue, it was the only thing I could think of.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:49 PM   #7
Sooz
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Sooz is all that and a bag of chipsSooz is all that and a bag of chipsSooz is all that and a bag of chipsSooz is all that and a bag of chipsSooz is all that and a bag of chipsSooz is all that and a bag of chipsSooz is all that and a bag of chipsSooz is all that and a bag of chipsSooz is all that and a bag of chipsSooz is all that and a bag of chipsSooz is all that and a bag of chips

I could not access most USMC official websites (usually the ones ending with .mil) from Brazil either. Sadly, there's no way of fixing that. When I inquired about it, they told me some sites do not allow access outside of the US and some specific foreign countries.

PITA, eh?

Last edited by Sooz; 06-23-2008 at 04:21 PM.
Sooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 07:14 AM   #8
geneva
Love
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
geneva is all that and a bag of chipsgeneva is all that and a bag of chipsgeneva is all that and a bag of chipsgeneva is all that and a bag of chipsgeneva is all that and a bag of chipsgeneva is all that and a bag of chipsgeneva is all that and a bag of chipsgeneva is all that and a bag of chipsgeneva is all that and a bag of chipsgeneva is all that and a bag of chipsgeneva is all that and a bag of chips

Thanks Guys. It wasn't a security issue. My friend who lives two streets over can view them just fine. I called Tech Support at my ISP and although they were kind of lame to begin with, they taught me how to do a traceroute and discover that all the US Army sites in Germany are run off a server in Stuttgart, which was hanging up on me everytime I tried to access the sites.

My ISP fixed it for about half a day, but now it doesn't work again. I'm tempted to change ISPs.

Military Spouse Support Network > Anything and everything > Computery gadgety stuff