Military Spouse Support Network

Go Back   Military Spouse Support Network > Housing, moving, life in general > Food for Thought > Healthy living recipes

Healthy living recipes a sub-forum for recipes that are extra healthy to aid those of us on our weight loss journey

Old 01-24-2007, 08:26 PM   #1
Bugs mom
Inactive
You can't touch this!

Bugs mom is high speedBugs mom is high speedBugs mom is high speedBugs mom is high speedBugs mom is high speedBugs mom is high speedBugs mom is high speedBugs mom is high speedBugs mom is high speedBugs mom is high speedBugs mom is high speed
Default Bruschetta Chicken bake

I can't remember if I posted this already. If I did...sorry. I made it tonight for the first time though and it's REALLY good. it's SUPER simple to make as well!!!!

*We didn't use tomatoes because we don't care for them and it turned out fine*

can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained 1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken 1/2 cup water 2 cloves garlic, minced 1-1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces 1 tsp. dried basil leaves 1 cup KRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
PREHEAT oven to 400F. Place tomatoes in medium bowl. Add stuffing mix, water and garlic; stir just until stuffing mix is moistened. Set aside. PLACE chicken in 13x9-inch baking dish; sprinkle with the basil and cheese. Top with stuffing mixture. BAKE 30 min. or until chicken is cooked through.
Calories: 310 *1 cup serving size*
Fat : 7g Sat fat: 3g
Cholesterol: 80
Sodium: 710
Carbs: 25
Fiber: 2
Protein: 33
Bugs mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:46 PM   #2
Constance
Met 39 MSSN'ers so far!!!
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Constance is too sexy for her repConstance is too sexy for her repConstance is too sexy for her repConstance is too sexy for her repConstance is too sexy for her repConstance is too sexy for her repConstance is too sexy for her repConstance is too sexy for her repConstance is too sexy for her repConstance is too sexy for her repConstance is too sexy for her rep
Default Re: Bruschetta Chicken bake

Mmmm I saw this on your FitDay journal and was going to ask you about it! It sounds Delish! Thanks for the recipe!! Where did you find it?
Constance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:47 PM   #3
Bugs mom
Inactive
You can't touch this!

Bugs mom is high speedBugs mom is high speedBugs mom is high speedBugs mom is high speedBugs mom is high speedBugs mom is high speedBugs mom is high speedBugs mom is high speedBugs mom is high speedBugs mom is high speedBugs mom is high speed

kraftfoods.com I have a ton of yummy healthy recipes from them!
Old 01-24-2007, 09:35 PM   #4
Samantha H
I'm a posting machine!

My Mood:
Samantha H is all that and a bag of chipsSamantha H is all that and a bag of chipsSamantha H is all that and a bag of chipsSamantha H is all that and a bag of chipsSamantha H is all that and a bag of chipsSamantha H is all that and a bag of chipsSamantha H is all that and a bag of chipsSamantha H is all that and a bag of chipsSamantha H is all that and a bag of chipsSamantha H is all that and a bag of chipsSamantha H is all that and a bag of chips

That sounds so good, another good recipe to add to the pile. Thanks!

Samantha H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:27 AM   #5
whitezwifey

Sounds great I can't wait to try it!! Thanks
Old 01-25-2007, 06:54 AM   #6
Pam Z
Inactive
Wow, look at me go!

Pam Z makes the heavens open and lights smile down on allPam Z makes the heavens open and lights smile down on allPam Z makes the heavens open and lights smile down on allPam Z makes the heavens open and lights smile down on allPam Z makes the heavens open and lights smile down on allPam Z makes the heavens open and lights smile down on allPam Z makes the heavens open and lights smile down on allPam Z makes the heavens open and lights smile down on allPam Z makes the heavens open and lights smile down on allPam Z makes the heavens open and lights smile down on allPam Z makes the heavens open and lights smile down on all

This sounds yummy...thanks for sharing. I just love to cook.
Pam Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 05:32 AM   #7
docswife

OMG!! We totally have to try this one! Thanks for the recipe
Old 04-19-2007, 06:12 AM   #8
longtimeafwife
Getting warmer

longtimeafwife is what we all aspire to becomelongtimeafwife is what we all aspire to becomelongtimeafwife is what we all aspire to becomelongtimeafwife is what we all aspire to becomelongtimeafwife is what we all aspire to becomelongtimeafwife is what we all aspire to becomelongtimeafwife is what we all aspire to becomelongtimeafwife is what we all aspire to becomelongtimeafwife is what we all aspire to becomelongtimeafwife is what we all aspire to becomelongtimeafwife is what we all aspire to become

I love that recipe too...I got it out of the Kraft magazine...which I totally love.
longtimeafwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 06:36 AM   #9
docswife

Oh yeah I have a few of their mags! Especially the holidays ones! It bits sometimes though, we are so limited here. I really wish we had an american organic store. I miss trader joes and henry's.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:10 AM   #10
Rockin_Jen
Displaced KY girl!
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Rockin_Jen is all that and a bag of chipsRockin_Jen is all that and a bag of chipsRockin_Jen is all that and a bag of chipsRockin_Jen is all that and a bag of chipsRockin_Jen is all that and a bag of chipsRockin_Jen is all that and a bag of chipsRockin_Jen is all that and a bag of chipsRockin_Jen is all that and a bag of chipsRockin_Jen is all that and a bag of chipsRockin_Jen is all that and a bag of chipsRockin_Jen is all that and a bag of chips

I was onboard until the stuffing part...

Rockin_Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 07:20 AM   #11
docswife

don't like stuffing huh? how about toast with celery as a replacment??
Old 04-19-2007, 07:36 AM   #12
Rockin_Jen
Displaced KY girl!
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Rockin_Jen is all that and a bag of chipsRockin_Jen is all that and a bag of chipsRockin_Jen is all that and a bag of chipsRockin_Jen is all that and a bag of chipsRockin_Jen is all that and a bag of chipsRockin_Jen is all that and a bag of chipsRockin_Jen is all that and a bag of chipsRockin_Jen is all that and a bag of chipsRockin_Jen is all that and a bag of chipsRockin_Jen is all that and a bag of chipsRockin_Jen is all that and a bag of chips

That still sounds like stuffing to me... Maybe I can think of a substitute...

Rockin_Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 07:58 AM   #13
Bugs mom
Inactive
You can't touch this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin_Jen View Post
That still sounds like stuffing to me... Maybe I can think of a substitute...
I'm gonna go with uhhh maybe you should skip this one It's all stuffing on the top and I can't think of anything good to substitute. You could always just cook the chicken and serve with rice but then it's not Bruschetta chicken
Old 04-19-2007, 11:30 AM   #14
Andrea
just warming up

Andrea has more charms than a jangly braceletAndrea has more charms than a jangly braceletAndrea has more charms than a jangly braceletAndrea has more charms than a jangly braceletAndrea has more charms than a jangly braceletAndrea has more charms than a jangly braceletAndrea has more charms than a jangly braceletAndrea has more charms than a jangly braceletAndrea has more charms than a jangly braceletAndrea has more charms than a jangly braceletAndrea has more charms than a jangly bracelet

This sounds really good and I need more healthy recipes! Thanks for sharing!
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote

Military Spouse Support Network > Housing, moving, life in general > Food for Thought > Healthy living recipes