Military Spouse Support Network

Go Back   Military Spouse Support Network > News, Politics, and Military Info > Military Info

Military Info New to military life? Need answers? This is the place for you!

Old 08-02-2012, 10:31 PM   #1
maggie927
kids :)
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
maggie927 is all that and a bag of chipsmaggie927 is all that and a bag of chipsmaggie927 is all that and a bag of chipsmaggie927 is all that and a bag of chipsmaggie927 is all that and a bag of chipsmaggie927 is all that and a bag of chipsmaggie927 is all that and a bag of chipsmaggie927 is all that and a bag of chipsmaggie927 is all that and a bag of chipsmaggie927 is all that and a bag of chipsmaggie927 is all that and a bag of chips
Default white house communications

does anyone know what this means? apparently someone nominated my husband for it and waiting for it to be approved is messing with our orders off this rock. DH already has an EOD school date so we are just wondering if it will screw with him being able to go to school.

MSSNers I've met: 11
maggie927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:43 AM   #2
psycheab
Love my girls!
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
psycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chipspsycheab is all that and a bag of chips
Default Re: white house communications

All I found was this website (which I imagine you've already come across).

http://www.disa.mil/Careers/WHCA

Boo that it is messing up your orders!

ETA: But, it sounds like it could be a good thing!
psycheab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:30 AM   #3
maggie927
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
maggie927 is all that and a bag of chipsmaggie927 is all that and a bag of chipsmaggie927 is all that and a bag of chipsmaggie927 is all that and a bag of chipsmaggie927 is all that and a bag of chipsmaggie927 is all that and a bag of chipsmaggie927 is all that and a bag of chipsmaggie927 is all that and a bag of chipsmaggie927 is all that and a bag of chipsmaggie927 is all that and a bag of chipsmaggie927 is all that and a bag of chips

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycheab View Post
All I found was this website (which I imagine you've already come across).

http://www.disa.mil/Careers/WHCA

Boo that it is messing up your orders!

ETA: But, it sounds like it could be a good thing!

except that my hubby HATES his job in communications which is why he is going to reclass

Old 08-03-2012, 04:40 AM   #4
karidad
Getting warmer

karidad is all that and a bag of chipskaridad is all that and a bag of chipskaridad is all that and a bag of chipskaridad is all that and a bag of chipskaridad is all that and a bag of chipskaridad is all that and a bag of chipskaridad is all that and a bag of chipskaridad is all that and a bag of chipskaridad is all that and a bag of chipskaridad is all that and a bag of chipskaridad is all that and a bag of chips

Dh is comm too. From what he was told by his old boss who did this white house job, he said that they travelled with the president and made sure that the communication was working properly. His job is telephone so he dealt with phones. Dh's other boss that did this job is Radio so he dealt with radios. We don't really know much about it other than they were on stand-by most of the time in case the president needs to do something or go somewhere and that they go tdy A LOT.

Dh thinks that this assignment is a really good bullet for making ranks later on the career and would look good on resume when out of the military.
karidad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:44 AM   #5
maggie927
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:

great.. that is all we need. one not family friendly assignment where he is never home to another. i hope he can get out of it since he already has a school start date. whoever put him up for it was really stupid since they have known he was reclassing for about a year now

Old 08-03-2012, 05:10 AM   #6
karidad
Getting warmer

karidad is all that and a bag of chipskaridad is all that and a bag of chipskaridad is all that and a bag of chipskaridad is all that and a bag of chipskaridad is all that and a bag of chipskaridad is all that and a bag of chipskaridad is all that and a bag of chipskaridad is all that and a bag of chipskaridad is all that and a bag of chipskaridad is all that and a bag of chipskaridad is all that and a bag of chips

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie927 View Post
great.. that is all we need. one not family friendly assignment where he is never home to another. i hope he can get out of it since he already has a school start date. whoever put him up for it was really stupid since they have known he was reclassing for about a year now
I'm not sure how the assignment process work for this white house job. I think though that this is a special duty. I think there's a way that he can change his status from voluteer to non-volunteer that way other guys volunteering would get it first before him. But I might be wrong.

On the bright side, when my dh had approved cross-training. He did everything he could to get out of it and talked to high ups for recommendations, and all but still had to cross-trained and was told that since it was already approved and had a date, they couldn't change it. So hopefully, your dh cross-training is still on.
karidad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:18 AM   #7
maggie927
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:

Thanks for the info. Hubby is on the phone with someone right now I think they figured out what went wrong

Old 08-03-2012, 11:36 AM   #8
Tamstress
EOMFD

My Mood:
Tamstress is all that and a bag of chipsTamstress is all that and a bag of chipsTamstress is all that and a bag of chipsTamstress is all that and a bag of chipsTamstress is all that and a bag of chipsTamstress is all that and a bag of chipsTamstress is all that and a bag of chipsTamstress is all that and a bag of chipsTamstress is all that and a bag of chipsTamstress is all that and a bag of chipsTamstress is all that and a bag of chips

Quote:
My DH is TDY nearly 3 months out of the year w/ his EOD duties, aside from deployment obvs. The longer he's in the longer he's gone as he takes Team Lead, etc.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:35 PM   #9
maggie927
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamstress View Post
My DH is TDY nearly 3 months out of the year w/ his EOD duties, aside from deployment obvs. The longer he's in the longer he's gone as he takes Team Lead, etc.
At the moment we are looking forward to school schedule sine it will put him how more than where we are right now.

Old 08-03-2012, 05:45 PM   #10
Tamstress
EOMFD

My Mood:
Tamstress is all that and a bag of chipsTamstress is all that and a bag of chipsTamstress is all that and a bag of chipsTamstress is all that and a bag of chipsTamstress is all that and a bag of chipsTamstress is all that and a bag of chipsTamstress is all that and a bag of chipsTamstress is all that and a bag of chipsTamstress is all that and a bag of chipsTamstress is all that and a bag of chipsTamstress is all that and a bag of chips

Quote:
At the moment we are looking forward to school schedule sine it will put him how more than where we are right now.
I can get behind that! Evenings and weekends will be all yours.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:06 PM   #11
maggie927
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamstress View Post
I can get behind that! Evenings and weekends will be all yours.
And holidays. I can give up my evenings lol but 3 years with kids and no daddy for holidays suck. This is our 2nd time for school so we know what to expect

Old 08-06-2012, 05:22 AM   #12
TrishAFSpouse
I'm a posting machine!

My Mood:
TrishAFSpouse is all that and a bag of chipsTrishAFSpouse is all that and a bag of chipsTrishAFSpouse is all that and a bag of chipsTrishAFSpouse is all that and a bag of chipsTrishAFSpouse is all that and a bag of chipsTrishAFSpouse is all that and a bag of chipsTrishAFSpouse is all that and a bag of chipsTrishAFSpouse is all that and a bag of chipsTrishAFSpouse is all that and a bag of chipsTrishAFSpouse is all that and a bag of chipsTrishAFSpouse is all that and a bag of chips

Hubby just left WHCA (White House Comm) after 3 years...

Its a huge squadron and whether or not he travels depends on what part of the squad he is in. Hubby travelled a lot the first year because he was on travel team, but the last 2 years, not so much because he was in a different unit. Those who come here usually love it, it is very demanding, but great experience, and somewhat prestigious (to others in the military)...

But, its not common to be 'nominated' for WHCA, one usually has to still apply, but it helps to have someone you know in the squadron.. so i'm not sure how he even got put in for it if he didn't want it.

WHCA is its own little world. It is special duty so they get extra pay and can make money when they travel. And his current comm job likely would have nothing to do with his job in WHCA... Hubby is comm, and his job at WHCA had nothing to do with what he was doing in Comm prior to WHCA.
TrishAFSpouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Military Spouse Support Network > News, Politics, and Military Info > Military Info