Military Spouse Support Network

Go Back   Military Spouse Support Network > Housing, moving, life in general > Work and School

Work and School School, work, schoolwork. It all goes here.

Old 04-22-2012, 07:25 PM   #1
sweetheart09
loving the sun
I'm a posting machine!

My Mood:
sweetheart09 is all that and a bag of chipssweetheart09 is all that and a bag of chipssweetheart09 is all that and a bag of chipssweetheart09 is all that and a bag of chipssweetheart09 is all that and a bag of chipssweetheart09 is all that and a bag of chipssweetheart09 is all that and a bag of chipssweetheart09 is all that and a bag of chipssweetheart09 is all that and a bag of chipssweetheart09 is all that and a bag of chipssweetheart09 is all that and a bag of chips
Default Careerstep for Pharmacy Tech?

So I was thinking I could do pharmacy tech through them since DH is still AD & I'm still eligible for MyCAA. How would that work in connection to student loans? I'm still looking at doing grad school but not right away.

Any input would be appreciated. I'll be contacting my loaners & MyCAA in the morning just to ask but wanted to know who did pharmacy tech through them.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

sweetheart09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:30 PM   #2
Gagenivy

Gagenivy is all that and a bag of chipsGagenivy is all that and a bag of chipsGagenivy is all that and a bag of chipsGagenivy is all that and a bag of chipsGagenivy is all that and a bag of chipsGagenivy is all that and a bag of chipsGagenivy is all that and a bag of chipsGagenivy is all that and a bag of chipsGagenivy is all that and a bag of chipsGagenivy is all that and a bag of chipsGagenivy is all that and a bag of chips

Check out your state requirements for pharm tech. TX requires the test only, no need to spend money on a class. The test is quite easy and you can a book to study. You can also take a practice test.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Gagenivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:48 PM   #3
cherrycoke
Becca Boo ♥
I'm a posting machine!

My Mood:
cherrycoke is all that and a bag of chipscherrycoke is all that and a bag of chipscherrycoke is all that and a bag of chipscherrycoke is all that and a bag of chipscherrycoke is all that and a bag of chipscherrycoke is all that and a bag of chipscherrycoke is all that and a bag of chipscherrycoke is all that and a bag of chipscherrycoke is all that and a bag of chipscherrycoke is all that and a bag of chipscherrycoke is all that and a bag of chips

Yeah, in a lot of places, on the job training is all you need to get certification. Schools are just a waste of money.

cherrycoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:08 AM   #4
sweetheart09
loving the sun
I'm a posting machine!

My Mood:
sweetheart09 is all that and a bag of chipssweetheart09 is all that and a bag of chipssweetheart09 is all that and a bag of chipssweetheart09 is all that and a bag of chipssweetheart09 is all that and a bag of chipssweetheart09 is all that and a bag of chipssweetheart09 is all that and a bag of chipssweetheart09 is all that and a bag of chipssweetheart09 is all that and a bag of chipssweetheart09 is all that and a bag of chipssweetheart09 is all that and a bag of chips

I didn't know that about TX requirements. That's cool. I know careerstep said it was national certification exam, which is good because we may not stay in Texas once DH's med board is complete & if he gets a good job offer in AZ.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

sweetheart09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:03 AM   #5
zemiller

zemiller is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Careerstep for Pharmacy Tech?

Career Step is a good choice of school for pharmacy tech training. Their programs are approved by MyCAA and I think the tuition for Career Stepís online pharmacy technician training can be completely covered by MyCAA funding. Why donít you check out more details on their website? You can also get some info on the program curriculum, duration, prerequisites, etc.
zemiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:29 PM   #6
JessicaLee
The one and only
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
JessicaLee is all that and a bag of chipsJessicaLee is all that and a bag of chipsJessicaLee is all that and a bag of chipsJessicaLee is all that and a bag of chipsJessicaLee is all that and a bag of chipsJessicaLee is all that and a bag of chipsJessicaLee is all that and a bag of chipsJessicaLee is all that and a bag of chipsJessicaLee is all that and a bag of chipsJessicaLee is all that and a bag of chipsJessicaLee is all that and a bag of chips
Default Re: Careerstep for Pharmacy Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagenivy View Post
Check out your state requirements for pharm tech. TX requires the test only, no need to spend money on a class. The test is quite easy and you can a book to study. You can also take a practice test.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
When was the last time you checked on that? I looked into it a bit for Texas and it seems to have recently changed. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong info though

Mommy to Donovan Charles (born 7/17/08), Alexandria Dawn (born 12/10/09) and Annabelle Marilee (born 8/24/13)
JessicaLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 03:49 PM   #7
Gagenivy

Gagenivy is all that and a bag of chipsGagenivy is all that and a bag of chipsGagenivy is all that and a bag of chipsGagenivy is all that and a bag of chipsGagenivy is all that and a bag of chipsGagenivy is all that and a bag of chipsGagenivy is all that and a bag of chipsGagenivy is all that and a bag of chipsGagenivy is all that and a bag of chipsGagenivy is all that and a bag of chipsGagenivy is all that and a bag of chips

Maybe two years? I would call the national verification board. It is located on their site. The school sites say you need it but I called the board and thy said no-just the test. He even walked me through the steps for practice testing on their site-which is free.
Gagenivy is offline   Reply With Quote

Military Spouse Support Network > Housing, moving, life in general > Work and School