Military Spouse Support Network

Go Back   Military Spouse Support Network > News, Politics, and Military Info > Military Info > PCS'ing, installations, locations

PCS'ing, installations, locations Stop in here to ask about your new station or for tips in moving. Check out the social groups for people local to you!

Old 07-02-2012, 04:11 PM   #1
seasmom
just warming up

seasmom is all that and a bag of chipsseasmom is all that and a bag of chipsseasmom is all that and a bag of chipsseasmom is all that and a bag of chipsseasmom is all that and a bag of chipsseasmom is all that and a bag of chipsseasmom is all that and a bag of chipsseasmom is all that and a bag of chipsseasmom is all that and a bag of chipsseasmom is all that and a bag of chipsseasmom is all that and a bag of chips
Default Certified scales..?

Since my DH has left this up to me.... anyone know if there are certified scales on/near Ft. Hood? Im trying to avoid driving to Temple to get weight done. I would call Transportation but they never return my calls.
seasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:17 PM   #2
88Mwife
You can't touch this!

88Mwife is all that and a bag of chips88Mwife is all that and a bag of chips88Mwife is all that and a bag of chips88Mwife is all that and a bag of chips88Mwife is all that and a bag of chips88Mwife is all that and a bag of chips88Mwife is all that and a bag of chips88Mwife is all that and a bag of chips88Mwife is all that and a bag of chips88Mwife is all that and a bag of chips88Mwife is all that and a bag of chips
Default Re: Certified scales..?

There is one on post, I wanna say off Clear creek where the MWR rv rental thing is...I will ask Jon for sure bc I remember him saying there was one on post...lol

"if you can't handle me on my worst day, you sure as sh*t don't deserve me on my best day"
88Mwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:43 PM   #3
cg~gunswife
retirement bound!!
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
cg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chipscg~gunswife is all that and a bag of chips

google certified weight scales, there are a couple of sites that allow you to search by zipcode.

also there is a link on DPS

also remember that you have to weigh empty and full at origin.

cg~gunswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:20 PM   #4
He*Is*My*Life
Enjoying life as mom&wife
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
He*Is*My*Life is all that and a bag of chipsHe*Is*My*Life is all that and a bag of chipsHe*Is*My*Life is all that and a bag of chipsHe*Is*My*Life is all that and a bag of chipsHe*Is*My*Life is all that and a bag of chipsHe*Is*My*Life is all that and a bag of chipsHe*Is*My*Life is all that and a bag of chipsHe*Is*My*Life is all that and a bag of chipsHe*Is*My*Life is all that and a bag of chipsHe*Is*My*Life is all that and a bag of chipsHe*Is*My*Life is all that and a bag of chips

We just did a DITY from ft hood. HE has to go to a class in order to do a DITY move and there hell get a DITY package with all the scales there!

He*Is*My*Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:22 PM   #5
Mrs Huffy
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Mrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chips

You can get a certified ticket from the city of killeen, there is a weigh station down town and they will weigh you full and empty for one price...

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Just Tamara...
Mrs Huffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:22 PM   #6
He*Is*My*Life
Enjoying life as mom&wife
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
He*Is*My*Life is all that and a bag of chipsHe*Is*My*Life is all that and a bag of chipsHe*Is*My*Life is all that and a bag of chipsHe*Is*My*Life is all that and a bag of chipsHe*Is*My*Life is all that and a bag of chipsHe*Is*My*Life is all that and a bag of chipsHe*Is*My*Life is all that and a bag of chipsHe*Is*My*Life is all that and a bag of chipsHe*Is*My*Life is all that and a bag of chipsHe*Is*My*Life is all that and a bag of chipsHe*Is*My*Life is all that and a bag of chips

Oh and we did have it weight at origin and where we moved to and had no issues, DH called transportation to make sure. But we also have the rental contracts for everything profing we gave it back 3 days later.

He*Is*My*Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:32 PM   #7
BubMunkeyBles
Getting warmer

BubMunkeyBles is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by He*Is*My*Life View Post
Oh and we did have it weight at origin and where we moved to and had no issues, DH called transportation to make sure. But we also have the rental contracts for everything profing we gave it back 3 days later.
We did that too. We weighed empty in Florida and then full in Montana I think while we were en route. No issues. They told us we could have weighed in at our destination had we wanted to.
BubMunkeyBles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:06 PM   #8
Andy0689
Located at JBLM, WA
Getting warmer

My Mood:
Andy0689 is all that and a bag of chipsAndy0689 is all that and a bag of chipsAndy0689 is all that and a bag of chipsAndy0689 is all that and a bag of chipsAndy0689 is all that and a bag of chipsAndy0689 is all that and a bag of chipsAndy0689 is all that and a bag of chipsAndy0689 is all that and a bag of chipsAndy0689 is all that and a bag of chipsAndy0689 is all that and a bag of chipsAndy0689 is all that and a bag of chips

Quote:
Originally Posted by He*Is*My*Life View Post
We just did a DITY from ft hood. HE has to go to a class in order to do a DITY move and there hell get a DITY package with all the scales there!
No, HE doesn't have to go to the class. Spouse can go too but I believe it requires a POA. Last time we PCS'd, I did the transportation appointment for HHG and DITY and was required to provide a POA. Either way, one of you has to go to the class to complete the DITY paperwork and make it known that you're doing a DITY/partial DITY or you won't get paid for it. Every move you make should be a partial DITY even if all you have in your vehicles(s) is the clothes you'll be wearing until your household goods arrive at your PCS destination.

Any scale you pass by on the highway will work, i.e. CAT scales at a truck stop. You can weigh where ever and whenever you want. It doesn't have to be at a military installation or even within close proximity to one. We usually weigh full somewhere along the way and then empty once we get to where we are going and have never had any problems. Save the weight ticket and the receipt because the fee for weighing is reimbursable.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:14 PM   #9
seasmom
just warming up

seasmom is all that and a bag of chipsseasmom is all that and a bag of chipsseasmom is all that and a bag of chipsseasmom is all that and a bag of chipsseasmom is all that and a bag of chipsseasmom is all that and a bag of chipsseasmom is all that and a bag of chipsseasmom is all that and a bag of chipsseasmom is all that and a bag of chipsseasmom is all that and a bag of chipsseasmom is all that and a bag of chips

A class..fun!

I only asked about on post since the CAT site was showing the nearest scale being in Temple. I hate to drive that far.

Thanks for your help!
seasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:15 PM   #10
Mrs Huffy
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Mrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chips

There are scales a LOT closer than that.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Just Tamara...
Mrs Huffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:26 PM   #11
Andy0689
Located at JBLM, WA
Getting warmer

My Mood:
Andy0689 is all that and a bag of chipsAndy0689 is all that and a bag of chipsAndy0689 is all that and a bag of chipsAndy0689 is all that and a bag of chipsAndy0689 is all that and a bag of chipsAndy0689 is all that and a bag of chipsAndy0689 is all that and a bag of chipsAndy0689 is all that and a bag of chipsAndy0689 is all that and a bag of chipsAndy0689 is all that and a bag of chipsAndy0689 is all that and a bag of chips

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasmom View Post
A class..fun!
It's not so much a class but more an appointment telling you what you can and can't do during a DITY, what you can move, what you can't, deadlines for paperwork and they'll give you a bunch to fill out. Not much teaching but a lot of instructions.

Military Spouse Support Network > News, Politics, and Military Info > Military Info > PCS'ing, installations, locations