Military Spouse Support Network

Go Back   Military Spouse Support Network > Housing, moving, life in general > Travel

Travel Check your bags here! Discuss your travel tips, great places to go, etc.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:42 PM   #1
sweetheart09
loving the sun
I'm a posting machine!

My Mood:
sweetheart09 is all that and a bag of chipssweetheart09 is all that and a bag of chipssweetheart09 is all that and a bag of chipssweetheart09 is all that and a bag of chipssweetheart09 is all that and a bag of chipssweetheart09 is all that and a bag of chipssweetheart09 is all that and a bag of chipssweetheart09 is all that and a bag of chipssweetheart09 is all that and a bag of chipssweetheart09 is all that and a bag of chipssweetheart09 is all that and a bag of chips
Default Charleston, SC info

I'm thinking of going up there to visit some friends in the area in the fall and was wondering what is there to do in the area? I'll probably rent a car or use public transportation; depends on how long I'll be visiting & the costs,etc.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

sweetheart09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:37 PM   #2
PammyWammy66
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
PammyWammy66 is all that and a bag of chipsPammyWammy66 is all that and a bag of chipsPammyWammy66 is all that and a bag of chipsPammyWammy66 is all that and a bag of chipsPammyWammy66 is all that and a bag of chipsPammyWammy66 is all that and a bag of chipsPammyWammy66 is all that and a bag of chipsPammyWammy66 is all that and a bag of chipsPammyWammy66 is all that and a bag of chipsPammyWammy66 is all that and a bag of chipsPammyWammy66 is all that and a bag of chips

Hominy Grill is a must! Mt. Pleasant is also very nice. There is a cute brunch place down by the water called High Thymes.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

PammyWammy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:09 AM   #3
Poochie
♥♥
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Poochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chipsPoochie is all that and a bag of chips
Default Re: Charleston, SC info

The plantations can be pricey, but are awesome.
Downtown - I could spend hours wandering there (and have)
Fort Sumter is awesome too - definitely check that out.
The beaches - Folly is great, but so is Isle of Palms.
I loved Cypress Gardens - The Patriot and The Notebook have scenes filmed there.

Poochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:00 AM   #4
Manders
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Manders is all that and a bag of chipsManders is all that and a bag of chipsManders is all that and a bag of chipsManders is all that and a bag of chipsManders is all that and a bag of chipsManders is all that and a bag of chipsManders is all that and a bag of chipsManders is all that and a bag of chipsManders is all that and a bag of chipsManders is all that and a bag of chipsManders is all that and a bag of chips

Oh lets see...
Will you be staying just in Charleston? and if your friends are here they may have some really good ideas too of what they like to do.

Boone Hall- its a plantation where many films have been filmed, Army Wives film there, there are standing slave homes, in Oct they have a corn maze and pumpking picking. Its a lot of fun

Folly Beach or Isle of the Palms (we like IOTP)

Light house

Lots of neat houses to look at downtown Charleston (Rainbow Row)

Manders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:55 AM   #5
sweetheart09
loving the sun
I'm a posting machine!

My Mood:
sweetheart09 is all that and a bag of chipssweetheart09 is all that and a bag of chipssweetheart09 is all that and a bag of chipssweetheart09 is all that and a bag of chipssweetheart09 is all that and a bag of chipssweetheart09 is all that and a bag of chipssweetheart09 is all that and a bag of chipssweetheart09 is all that and a bag of chipssweetheart09 is all that and a bag of chipssweetheart09 is all that and a bag of chipssweetheart09 is all that and a bag of chips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manders View Post
Oh lets see...
Will you be staying just in Charleston? and if your friends are here they may have some really good ideas too of what they like to do.

Boone Hall- its a plantation where many films have been filmed, Army Wives film there, there are standing slave homes, in Oct they have a corn maze and pumpking picking. Its a lot of fun

Folly Beach or Isle of the Palms (we like IOTP)

Light house

Lots of neat houses to look at downtown Charleston (Rainbow Row)
I'll just be staying in Charleston.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:11 AM   #6
sweetheart09
loving the sun
I'm a posting machine!

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PammyWammy66 View Post
Hominy Grill is a must! Mt. Pleasant is also very nice. There is a cute brunch place down by the water called High Thymes.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2
How far is Mt. Pleasant and what is there to do there?

I'll try to schedule a tour of MUSC for grad school while I'm there so any places to hang out around there would be great too.

Old 05-14-2012, 05:53 AM   #7
Manders
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Manders is all that and a bag of chipsManders is all that and a bag of chipsManders is all that and a bag of chipsManders is all that and a bag of chipsManders is all that and a bag of chipsManders is all that and a bag of chipsManders is all that and a bag of chipsManders is all that and a bag of chipsManders is all that and a bag of chipsManders is all that and a bag of chipsManders is all that and a bag of chips

We have been here in Charleston for 2.5 years now about and we still have not been to Hominy Grill . Really should go.

Manders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:29 PM   #8
sweetheart09
loving the sun
I'm a posting machine!

My Mood:

Also if I was to move to the area (grad school), what area is reasonable and nice & under $600 or around $700?

Tia.

Military Spouse Support Network > Housing, moving, life in general > Travel