Military Spouse Support Network

Go Back   Military Spouse Support Network > Housing, moving, life in general > House and home > Money matters

Money matters For issues relating to taxes, banking, and general money questions. We don't give professional advice, just a lot of BTDT's. :)

Old 04-16-2012, 01:18 PM   #61
88Mwife
You can't touch this!

88Mwife is all that and a bag of chips88Mwife is all that and a bag of chips88Mwife is all that and a bag of chips88Mwife is all that and a bag of chips88Mwife is all that and a bag of chips88Mwife is all that and a bag of chips88Mwife is all that and a bag of chips88Mwife is all that and a bag of chips88Mwife is all that and a bag of chips88Mwife is all that and a bag of chips88Mwife is all that and a bag of chips
Default Re: Gas prices?

I dont even want to think about gas prices when we PCS from TN to TX with both cars ....

"if you can't handle me on my worst day, you sure as sh*t don't deserve me on my best day"
88Mwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:00 PM   #62
mistimae
found the missing piece
I'm a posting machine!

My Mood:
mistimae is all that and a bag of chipsmistimae is all that and a bag of chipsmistimae is all that and a bag of chipsmistimae is all that and a bag of chipsmistimae is all that and a bag of chipsmistimae is all that and a bag of chipsmistimae is all that and a bag of chipsmistimae is all that and a bag of chipsmistimae is all that and a bag of chipsmistimae is all that and a bag of chipsmistimae is all that and a bag of chips

Quote:
Originally Posted by RancescaFay View Post
my new 2012 jeep wrangler...the large 4 door super gas sucking machine......yeah I'm rethinking my purchase...I could have done a lot better with 40 grand.

I drive 30 miles one way to work....I fill up about once a week.
See I have a 2012 wrangler unlimited sport 4x4 and I get about 350-370 per tank. The eco feature with the new engines is a HUGE help on the highway.

Also a cold air intake and different muffler/exhaust will help boost gas mileage a little bit.

mistimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:40 PM   #63
Mrs Huffy
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Mrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chipsMrs Huffy is all that and a bag of chips

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistimae View Post
See I have a 2012 wrangler unlimited sport 4x4 and I get about 350-370 per tank. The eco feature with the new engines is a HUGE help on the highway.

Also a cold air intake and different muffler/exhaust will help boost gas mileage a little bit.
I have the same engine in my mini van...it really is pretty good on gas.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Just Tamara...
Mrs Huffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:55 AM   #64
devilwhiterose
Hooked on the sauce
I'm a posting machine!

My Mood:
devilwhiterose is all that and a bag of chipsdevilwhiterose is all that and a bag of chipsdevilwhiterose is all that and a bag of chipsdevilwhiterose is all that and a bag of chipsdevilwhiterose is all that and a bag of chipsdevilwhiterose is all that and a bag of chipsdevilwhiterose is all that and a bag of chipsdevilwhiterose is all that and a bag of chipsdevilwhiterose is all that and a bag of chipsdevilwhiterose is all that and a bag of chipsdevilwhiterose is all that and a bag of chips

Yes. We do all our trips at once and stay home for the weekend. It's ****ing depressing.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:40 AM   #65
justmoe
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
justmoe is all that and a bag of chipsjustmoe is all that and a bag of chipsjustmoe is all that and a bag of chipsjustmoe is all that and a bag of chipsjustmoe is all that and a bag of chipsjustmoe is all that and a bag of chipsjustmoe is all that and a bag of chipsjustmoe is all that and a bag of chipsjustmoe is all that and a bag of chipsjustmoe is all that and a bag of chipsjustmoe is all that and a bag of chips

gas went down to $3.77 yesterday. I hope it keeps going down so our trip to Ohio at the end of the month wont be such a kick in the teeth

justmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:07 AM   #66
pilesoflaundry
You can't touch this!

pilesoflaundry is all that and a bag of chipspilesoflaundry is all that and a bag of chipspilesoflaundry is all that and a bag of chipspilesoflaundry is all that and a bag of chipspilesoflaundry is all that and a bag of chipspilesoflaundry is all that and a bag of chipspilesoflaundry is all that and a bag of chipspilesoflaundry is all that and a bag of chipspilesoflaundry is all that and a bag of chipspilesoflaundry is all that and a bag of chipspilesoflaundry is all that and a bag of chips

It's affecting out of town stuff the most. There isn't so much to do directly in El Paso, all the good stuff I want to do with the kids is in NM and if gas is going to keep creeping up I'm not going to make some of the trips.

I have always rationed out gas and make one trip for errands and things. I will not run to the store every day for 1 little thing.

One of the secrets of life is that all that is really worth the doing is what we do for others.- Lewis Carroll
pilesoflaundry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:30 AM   #67
montana cricket
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
montana cricket is all that and a bag of chipsmontana cricket is all that and a bag of chipsmontana cricket is all that and a bag of chipsmontana cricket is all that and a bag of chipsmontana cricket is all that and a bag of chipsmontana cricket is all that and a bag of chipsmontana cricket is all that and a bag of chipsmontana cricket is all that and a bag of chipsmontana cricket is all that and a bag of chipsmontana cricket is all that and a bag of chipsmontana cricket is all that and a bag of chips

DH and I usually drive together. HOnestly even his truck gets about 20 mpg (diesel so "ouch", but really much better than a gas truck that gets about 12 mpg) and we only drive it occasionally. My van gets 20 mpg so if we both go in that it effectively gives us 40 mpg. And the "kids' car" that we just bought for the kids to drive (dd1 will be getting her license next month or in June) gets between 33 and 38 mpg and only has about a 10 gallon tank, so it feels really cheap to fill!

With dd2 not playing softball at all this year, we've seen a huge improvement in our budget. That constituted multiple trips a day sometimes and almost every day of the week. We rarely go in to town on weekend days. We live about 15 miles from our work places, so it's about 30/day or so.

montana cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:26 PM   #68
Kristin_5
Home
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Kristin_5 is all that and a bag of chipsKristin_5 is all that and a bag of chipsKristin_5 is all that and a bag of chipsKristin_5 is all that and a bag of chipsKristin_5 is all that and a bag of chipsKristin_5 is all that and a bag of chipsKristin_5 is all that and a bag of chipsKristin_5 is all that and a bag of chipsKristin_5 is all that and a bag of chipsKristin_5 is all that and a bag of chipsKristin_5 is all that and a bag of chips

When DH and I got married, we both had trucks. His wasn't really functional for our boat, so we traded his in and got a jetta. He wasn't super happy about it, but it made sense for how much both of us drive. One of us drives between Houston and San Antonio every single weekend, so we spend a bunch on gas. It doesn't really matter what it costs because we'll do it anyways But that is just us not concerning ourselves with how much it costs to be able to see each other It is better with the jetta now though, I always get 30-32 mpg.
Kristin_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:26 PM   #69
kathleen524
I'm a posting machine!

My Mood:
kathleen524 is all that and a bag of chipskathleen524 is all that and a bag of chipskathleen524 is all that and a bag of chipskathleen524 is all that and a bag of chipskathleen524 is all that and a bag of chipskathleen524 is all that and a bag of chipskathleen524 is all that and a bag of chipskathleen524 is all that and a bag of chipskathleen524 is all that and a bag of chipskathleen524 is all that and a bag of chipskathleen524 is all that and a bag of chips

It was $3.90 here the other day. No we havent changed our ways at all if anything with it being ball season we are driving more. I drive an armada and the husband drives a truck so its costing my husband about $90 to fill up and Im not sure because most gas pumps stop me at $75 and I dont have the patience to do it all over again. Hubby probably fills up 2-3 times a week, and sometimes I have to fill up twice a week

Military Spouse Support Network > Housing, moving, life in general > House and home > Money matters