Military Spouse Support Network

Go Back   Military Spouse Support Network > Housing, moving, life in general > Food for Thought

Food for Thought Food, food, food, more food!

Old 04-16-2012, 10:54 AM   #1
Pyxie78
My world <3
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Pyxie78 is all that and a bag of chipsPyxie78 is all that and a bag of chipsPyxie78 is all that and a bag of chipsPyxie78 is all that and a bag of chipsPyxie78 is all that and a bag of chipsPyxie78 is all that and a bag of chipsPyxie78 is all that and a bag of chipsPyxie78 is all that and a bag of chipsPyxie78 is all that and a bag of chipsPyxie78 is all that and a bag of chipsPyxie78 is all that and a bag of chips
Default Wish me luck!

I just got a 7 quart crock pot yesterday. I printed out a bunch of recipes and will be going shopping for everything today. The first think I'm making in it tomorrow is tomato sauce which is a no brainer but after that, wish me luck!!!

Oh, and my pot came with one of those little mini ones...any suggestions on what to use that for?

Pyxie78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #2
pilesoflaundry
You can't touch this!

pilesoflaundry is all that and a bag of chipspilesoflaundry is all that and a bag of chipspilesoflaundry is all that and a bag of chipspilesoflaundry is all that and a bag of chipspilesoflaundry is all that and a bag of chipspilesoflaundry is all that and a bag of chipspilesoflaundry is all that and a bag of chipspilesoflaundry is all that and a bag of chipspilesoflaundry is all that and a bag of chipspilesoflaundry is all that and a bag of chipspilesoflaundry is all that and a bag of chips
Default Re: Wish me luck!

I have one of the mini ones and it keeps dip hot or small batches of things like meatballs at a cookout. It's not meant for actual cooking. I don't like it because it is a little too hot, I tried to melt chocolate in it once and it was way too hot.

Good luck .

One of the secrets of life is that all that is really worth the doing is what we do for others.- Lewis Carroll
pilesoflaundry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:36 AM   #3
CincoAF
Just crusin' along

Location: From Cincinnati, Ohio currently at Ramstein, Germany
My Mood:
CincoAF is all that and a bag of chipsCincoAF is all that and a bag of chipsCincoAF is all that and a bag of chipsCincoAF is all that and a bag of chipsCincoAF is all that and a bag of chipsCincoAF is all that and a bag of chipsCincoAF is all that and a bag of chipsCincoAF is all that and a bag of chipsCincoAF is all that and a bag of chipsCincoAF is all that and a bag of chipsCincoAF is all that and a bag of chips

OH, you should try this http://www.thenaptimechef.com/2012/0...e-on-the-road/. I've been drooling over it all week but haven't done it yet. My current crock pot fave is Chicken Bacon Ranch over egg noodles
Old 04-17-2012, 07:24 AM   #4
hooahwife
I'm a posting machine!

hooahwife is all that and a bag of chipshooahwife is all that and a bag of chipshooahwife is all that and a bag of chipshooahwife is all that and a bag of chipshooahwife is all that and a bag of chipshooahwife is all that and a bag of chipshooahwife is all that and a bag of chipshooahwife is all that and a bag of chipshooahwife is all that and a bag of chipshooahwife is all that and a bag of chipshooahwife is all that and a bag of chips

Yeah I use the mini one for dips but mostly when it's a small group i'm entertaining. I have tons of slow cooker recipes to include a 100pg document of slow cooker recipes using the old Weight Watchers point system. If you are interested feel free to email me at saraplicious@yahoo.com. You can also find some of my slow cooker recipes here: http://nofussfoods.com/slow-cooker-recipes/
Old 04-17-2012, 07:30 AM   #5
Pyxie78
My world <3
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Pyxie78 is all that and a bag of chipsPyxie78 is all that and a bag of chipsPyxie78 is all that and a bag of chipsPyxie78 is all that and a bag of chipsPyxie78 is all that and a bag of chipsPyxie78 is all that and a bag of chipsPyxie78 is all that and a bag of chipsPyxie78 is all that and a bag of chipsPyxie78 is all that and a bag of chipsPyxie78 is all that and a bag of chipsPyxie78 is all that and a bag of chips

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooahwife View Post
Yeah I use the mini one for dips but mostly when it's a small group i'm entertaining. I have tons of slow cooker recipes to include a 100pg document of slow cooker recipes using the old Weight Watchers point system. If you are interested feel free to email me at saraplicious@yahoo.com. You can also find some of my slow cooker recipes here: http://nofussfoods.com/slow-cooker-recipes/
Oh I am definitely interested in the Weight Watchers ones!!!! I will email you in a bit

Old 04-17-2012, 07:31 AM   #6
Pyxie78
My world <3
You can't touch this!

My Mood:

Quick question...I'm making tomato sauce today. I want to make meatballs. We won't eat until around 6:30-7 so I have all day to cook this. Can I just make up the meatballs and throw them in there raw? Or should I cook them off first?

Old 04-17-2012, 07:35 AM   #7
hooahwife
I'm a posting machine!

hooahwife is all that and a bag of chipshooahwife is all that and a bag of chipshooahwife is all that and a bag of chipshooahwife is all that and a bag of chipshooahwife is all that and a bag of chipshooahwife is all that and a bag of chipshooahwife is all that and a bag of chipshooahwife is all that and a bag of chipshooahwife is all that and a bag of chipshooahwife is all that and a bag of chipshooahwife is all that and a bag of chips

Brown the meatballs first. Don't worry about the inside not being cook. Just brown the outside on a skillet so you can get that "crusty" taste on the outside.

Military Spouse Support Network > Housing, moving, life in general > Food for Thought