Military Spouse Support Network

Go Back   Military Spouse Support Network > Housing, moving, life in general > Food for Thought

Food for Thought Food, food, food, more food!

Old 10-18-2011, 09:12 PM   #1
LivinLife
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
LivinLife is all that and a bag of chipsLivinLife is all that and a bag of chipsLivinLife is all that and a bag of chipsLivinLife is all that and a bag of chipsLivinLife is all that and a bag of chipsLivinLife is all that and a bag of chipsLivinLife is all that and a bag of chipsLivinLife is all that and a bag of chipsLivinLife is all that and a bag of chipsLivinLife is all that and a bag of chipsLivinLife is all that and a bag of chips
Default Chicken Sauces or Marinades

Anyone have any really good marinades or sauces ? I've been eating REALLY bad and I need to rectify it before I gain much more, I love chicken I don't eat alot of red meat so its 90% of the time chicken. If you've got any good sauces or marinades can you share the recipes with me please

I am normally on my Phone when posting or commenting please forgive spelling and grammar
LivinLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:20 PM   #2
Mrs.C
Formerly Sapphiremommy
Wow, look at me go!

My Mood:
Mrs.C is all that and a bag of chipsMrs.C is all that and a bag of chipsMrs.C is all that and a bag of chipsMrs.C is all that and a bag of chipsMrs.C is all that and a bag of chipsMrs.C is all that and a bag of chipsMrs.C is all that and a bag of chipsMrs.C is all that and a bag of chipsMrs.C is all that and a bag of chipsMrs.C is all that and a bag of chipsMrs.C is all that and a bag of chips
Default Re: Chicken Sauces or Marinades

we cheat and use the grill mates seasoning packets you can get. even if i'm baking in the oven I'll use them. They have some awesome flavors. Brown Sugar Bourbon, Mojito Lime, Tomato & Basil, Mexican Fiesta.......are a few of them.

I make custom baby, toddler, and adult items. Check us out on facebook under Daffe Designs or our website www.daffe-designs.com
Mrs.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:20 PM   #3
MandyK
Happily Child Free

My Mood:
MandyK is all that and a bag of chipsMandyK is all that and a bag of chipsMandyK is all that and a bag of chipsMandyK is all that and a bag of chipsMandyK is all that and a bag of chipsMandyK is all that and a bag of chipsMandyK is all that and a bag of chipsMandyK is all that and a bag of chipsMandyK is all that and a bag of chipsMandyK is all that and a bag of chipsMandyK is all that and a bag of chips

I always marinate my steaks in beer and/or italian dressing.

I love beer and I love steak, so why not?
MandyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:02 PM   #4
Sooz
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Sooz is all that and a bag of chipsSooz is all that and a bag of chipsSooz is all that and a bag of chipsSooz is all that and a bag of chipsSooz is all that and a bag of chipsSooz is all that and a bag of chipsSooz is all that and a bag of chipsSooz is all that and a bag of chipsSooz is all that and a bag of chipsSooz is all that and a bag of chipsSooz is all that and a bag of chips

I usually marinade chicken with fresh lemon juice, EVOO, minced garlic, kosher salt, black pepper and a pinch of thyme. Sometime I use a hint of paprika. It's healthier than store bought marinades and I think it's yummy.

Sooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:27 PM   #5
Kitten
Not a 'Navy Wife'
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Kitten is all that and a bag of chipsKitten is all that and a bag of chipsKitten is all that and a bag of chipsKitten is all that and a bag of chipsKitten is all that and a bag of chipsKitten is all that and a bag of chipsKitten is all that and a bag of chipsKitten is all that and a bag of chipsKitten is all that and a bag of chipsKitten is all that and a bag of chipsKitten is all that and a bag of chips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.C View Post
we cheat and use the grill mates seasoning packets you can get. even if i'm baking in the oven I'll use them. They have some awesome flavors. Brown Sugar Bourbon, Mojito Lime, Tomato & Basil, Mexican Fiesta.......are a few of them.
One of our fave meals is just a grilled chicken breast, steamed veggies and a salad so we always have 2 dozen or so of these in the house. They have great flavors! The Tomato/Basil is also awesome on pork chops.

The Zesty Herb and the Montreal Steak are also super yummy.

I can calculate the movement of heavenly bodies but not the madness of people. ~ Newton
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:47 AM   #6
Pyxie78
My world <3
You can't touch this!

My Mood:
Pyxie78 is all that and a bag of chipsPyxie78 is all that and a bag of chipsPyxie78 is all that and a bag of chipsPyxie78 is all that and a bag of chipsPyxie78 is all that and a bag of chipsPyxie78 is all that and a bag of chipsPyxie78 is all that and a bag of chipsPyxie78 is all that and a bag of chipsPyxie78 is all that and a bag of chipsPyxie78 is all that and a bag of chipsPyxie78 is all that and a bag of chips

You can do grilled chicken marines in either store bought italian dressing, or I just throw some olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, oregano, sage, salt and pepper together on the chicken and grill it. I also do garlic and rosemary grilled chicken

Pyxie78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:26 PM   #7
mcouttie
Inactive
I'm a posting machine!

mcouttie has disabled reputation

This time of year one of my favorite things to do is a pumpkin sauce - I *loosely* use this recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/r...ipe/index.html. I usually put other things in it - black beans, diced tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers - whatever I have on hand really. And I don't put in hot sauce or nutmeg, but I do add in a bay leaf. I usually put it on pasta, but I bet it would be great on chicken - pumpkin is really good for you too!

I know pumpkin pasta sauce sounds kinda gross - but, honestly, it doesn't really even taste like pumpkin. Soooo good!
mcouttie is offline   Reply With Quote

Military Spouse Support Network > Housing, moving, life in general > Food for Thought